Will CDI´s continue after Feature Patch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

As there are no CDI´s active atm, I was wondering, if we will see new ones in the future?

I guess Anet is busy right now, checking all the feedback towards the feature patch, so they are still implementing changes proposed in former CDI´s.

Personally, i followed only the horizontal progression and WvW CDI, without partaking actively. But i think it was a good iniciative and would like to see them continue.

I am not sure what they should focus on next, maybe its a good idea to make a new request for topics again, after the feature patch went live. It would also be nice to get a little summary from Anet, which mayor changes of the feature patch originated from the several CDI´s.

Personally i would welcome a CDI towards the economy or crafting because those are areas that i am active in.

From the list of features planned to be released in 2013, Cooking and Jeweler 500, new Legendaries and precursor Crafting/Scavenger Hunt were scratched and it doesnt look like they will be in this feature patch either.

The Scavenger Hunt was already commented on by Mark Katzbach. It will not be in the feature patch because progression and reward systems have changed too much, since they started working on it. So it is delayed until further notice:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/first#post3780700

My guess would be that the same goes for Jeweler and Cooking 500, even though i am not sure, if they ever started working on it. Those 2 professions are harder to implement as they are not that easily streamlined as with ascended weapons and armor.

So why not involve the players with a CDI to help implementing a Scavenger Hunt for Pre Cursors and the 2 missing lvl 500 professions?

What do you think, should CDI´s continue?
Did you find any suggestions you made or supported during past CDI´s mentioned to be implemented with the next feature patch?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I was wondering about this, as well. We were supposed to have the next CDI Proposal wrap up kind of thread starting some time ago, I thought. Oh well, guess they got busy.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m still waiting for anything positive to come out from the previous ones.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think the Tempered Spinal back-pack came directly from a CDI. And, I think that was very positive. =)

Wanze.8410

I’m still waiting for anything positive to come out from the previous ones.

Out of the top of my hat, the wardrobe system, pvp rewards and account bound ascended gear, were some of the topics discussed in CDI´s.

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Still eagerly waiting for a Guild CDI o/

Naz ©

Wanze.8410

Still eagerly waiting for a Guild CDI o/

The 3 upcoming blogposts concerning facilitating friendly gameplay might still give you something in regards to guilds.

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi,

There will indeed be more CDI’s. We were thinking of slipping the process evolution phase between topics this time as the new format worked out quite well.

The topic we are thinking about discussing is the Trading Post.

Note: Moving forward we will do 2 CDI topics concurrently at maximum.

Chris

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

I would also like to do a Guild CDI soon.

Chris

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Chris

Guild missions included, I hope? Looking forward to it regardless.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I don’t know that I would do a TP CDI. IF you do, you will end up heavily moderating it because it will quickly devolve into arguments about inflation/manipulation type stuff.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There will indeed be more CDI’s. We were thinking of slipping the process evolution phase between topics this time as the new format worked out quite well.

Interesting. I was thinking Rangers having to endure “I got sick, told no one, and didn’t get someone else at the office to take over for me while I was gone.” Was sort of the opposite to working out well . Contrast it with telling players that “I’ve got some hospital time coming up and will pause participation this thread for a few days.” Flying solo on these is clearly rough. I’m hopeful that more of the CDIs get ‘two hosts who can tag-in’ in the way you and Collin tend to operate.

We definitely learned that the player-contributors benefit from being told “The Pillars” up front so we have grasp on Arena’s perception of the design space. I feel like when threads have received those it really amps up the meaningful conversation.

Beyond those two refinements, it does feel like we’re getting a working rhythm .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Chris

Maybe better stuck like missing guild features, future features we would like to see and guild castles and GvG.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Good lord I’d love a peek behind the curtain at what the odds-makers say about a system seemingly designed so that one explosive evening of player-player drama costs the game 30 solid regular players jumping ship over the next 2 weeks. Guilds must normally do a really good job of enhancing average player retention, because when they implode the resulting crater is spectacular.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Chris

More importantly, guilds actually benefiting LARGE community guilds. And no, this isnt limited to just guilds like TTS (who are, aside from chat ability, completely shafted by how the guild system currently works), but any guild that recruits on multiple servers as a result of how influence and upgrades, which includes guild missions, works.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Chris

Hear that? That’s the sound of a hundred people typing ‘Guild Halls’ and ‘GvG’. :P

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Guild halls are a pointless cosmetic though. The only way I’d see them be- oooh… I’m gonna hang onto that thought.

Anyways, guilds need to benefit multi-server/guild communities before stuff that some people see as “fluff” though.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I don’t bother with CDI—-some peeps take over and the real weakness’, bugs, (like fix the TP sorting/ fix previews/fix cursor etc) and useless things like Guild Halls, houses, pretty costumes ect take over. The ‘fluffernutters’ take over. I really don’t have any confidence in the CDI process.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I guess Anet is busy right now, checking all the feedback towards the feature patch, so they are still implementing changes proposed in former CDI´s.

Personally i would welcome a CDI towards the economy or crafting because those are areas that i am active in.

I would hope that would be the next one as this was one of the biggest problems for many of us legit farmers. Loot for over a year was definitely not equal, they fixed that problem, they didn’t apologize to the public for calling us names while we reported it for over a year, fine let’s move on.

I’d like to know what exactly will be done about the whole gathering gold aspect. Karma was nerfed because people were somehow turning karma into gold (dunno how personally) and so that is something else entirely but I was still curious about why racial armor was still costing gold last I checked, and why Runes and Sigils are only available from crafting itself and not so much crafting but like special event only crafting from what I understand.

There’s like a severe limitation on certain runes that people actually need in PVE and will those become more available? Or will the requirements to craft those not be limited to 1 time events or LS? Will these become available via Karma so that we can access them more easily? (since the announcement of being able to respec came down with no cost from anywhere I would hope so).

Here’s to hoping this forward momentum continues.

I think if things go well, that this title will turn into less of a concern over if someone has enough money to do simple things like changing specs because a balance patch destroyed their build, and return the focus to being able to enjoy the content without the constant need to drop a bag of gold or a wad of cash for something fun.

I’d welcome a CDI focused on the economy and the crafting of necessities.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Chris

What’s a guild in GW2?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Guild halls are a pointless cosmetic though. The only way I’d see them be- oooh… I’m gonna hang onto that thought.

Anyways, guilds need to benefit multi-server/guild communities before stuff that some people see as “fluff” though.

I disagree. Large guilds like mine basically have perma-250 Merits and well over 1 million Influence. Even with non-stop building and queuing of various bonuses and guild missions, we earn merits and influence faster than we can spend them.

Having a guild hall that we can all contribute to and help “build” would go a long way towards building guild camaraderie and giving guildies a convenient place to gather (as well as perhaps doing banking and crafting). Finally, the guild hall would also make an excellent place for GvG, especially if more well-established guilds can build even more elaborate fortresses and defences. (Even if the guild in question never takes part in GvG, it might still be fun for players to see their own castle grow up around them.)

Back on the main topic though, I’d definitely love to know when r500 Jeweler and Chef is coming.

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Hi,

There will indeed be more CDI’s.

Chris

Chris

Y
E
S
!

Naz ©

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Chris

Please don’t.

You already know what people want.

• Guild halls.
  • GW1 style GvG.
  • Guild management tools.

Get to work on those and once those are in, then think about asking for a guild CDI.

NSP Why bother?….

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Hmm,

I wouldn’t expect anything else as an answer ^^
I wait on my Sub Classes CDI, that Chris has proposed in the Progression CDI

Besides those 2 topics, that have been mentioned here now, Trading Post and Guilds, which are some points, that have alot of improvement potential, I’d like to see also as CDI Topic to see:

• Dungeons
  • Character Customization
  • Game Replayability
  • Game Performance
  • Thieves

That are some topics I’d like to see getting discussed in the future.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Hi,

We were thinking of slipping the process evolution phase between topics this time as the new format worked out quite well.

Right …..
And the Ranger CDI ‘worked out quite well’ for you didn’t it ??
No participation on Anet’s part let you get more important work done …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Acaro.4067

Acaro.4067

We need one about Dungeons and how to fight the zerker meta, how to make them not the best answer for everything. And we need one about the creation of actual difficult content.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I think we’re long overdue for a Polymock CDI.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Wanze.8410

Hi,

Chris

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Skipping the process evolution is a sure sign that past process evolution CDIs worked! The proposal format and design philosophy statement help a lot. My only concern with the proposal format is that it doesn’t foster discussion within the thread, which could be seen as both positive and negative. Perhaps splitting discussion off into another sub-thread will continue to work as it did with the Ranger CDI.

I think a TP CDI would generate ideas, which is what the CDI is all about. However, a TP CDI could evolve/devolve into an Economy CDI which would cover just about everything in-game. Perhaps limit the discussion to TP features only?

I vote for a fishing CDI, because fishing.
Or
Mounted fishing!

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Hi,

We were thinking of slipping the process evolution phase between topics this time as the new format worked out quite well.

Right …..
And the Ranger CDI ‘worked out quite well’ for you didn’t it ??
No participation on Anet’s part let you get more important work done …

Perfect!!!! +1
Let start a CDI and ignore it—lol