Will Cooking and Jeweler ever be 500?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

It’s has been over a year now since Ascended Weapon and Armor crafting were announced and put into the game.

Will Jeweler and Cooking ever be upgraded to 500?

It seems like a long period to have these not on par with the reset of the crafting system.

With Sous Chef in the game promoting bloodstone food maybe he will finally hit it big and develop recipes that won’t kill you. I am hopeful when I see this that this is the lead in to 500 cooking.

Ascended food can be any variation of increased potency, duration, or even more buffs with food. They certainly have alot they could do with ascended food.

Jeweler the materials have existed in the game for a long time. You can view them in the ascended material section of your bank. Which means at one time they did plan to move it up to 500. Many player think we don’t really need this since ascended trinkets are rewarded in other areas of the game. I think there is alot that can be done.

Infused Jewels could be added to the game to give us a bit more variety of things to put into infusion slots. There has even been rumors and ideas floated around that legendary trinkets may become a thing. As it stands right now there is really no reason to have Jewel crafting as a profession right now. It really needs something to give it purpose.

I know that Anet and devs are not keen on setting dates or making promises. But, it would be nice to know if this is even something they are still looking at or is on the agenda at all.

What are the players thoughts on what these two professions can do at 500?

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I found this post on another thread. I copied it to look at in map chat so I didn’t get the name of the poster or the thread but here it what they posted.

“Here are the amulet data mines showing they are working on legendary amulets:
Test Amulet Elementalist lvl 1337: [&AgEQWQAA]
Test Amulet Engineer lvl 1337: [&AgERWQAA]
Test Amulet Mesmer lvl 1337: [&AgESWQAA]
Test Amulet Necromancer lvl 1337: [&AgETWQAA]
Test Amulet Ranger lvl 1337: [&AgEUWQAA]
Test Amulet Guardian lvl 1337: [&AgEVWQAA]
Test Amulet Thief lvl 1337: [&AgEWWQAA]
Test Amulet Warrior lvl 1337: [&AgEXWQAA]”

I haven’t had time to preview them so I don’t know what they look like.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

There are no culinary applications suitable for Bloodstone Dust.

None.

If Cooking goes beyond 400 I would expect it to be a matter of combining ingredients in different ways for much more exotic-seeming meals.

. . . either that or someone learns how to start cooking Mordrem corpses.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well if you did the Graunk “quest”, you’d be very wary of wanting cooking 500, with bloodstone/empyreal/etc.

But yeah, jewelry needs to be upped too. We still have 2 (maybe 3?) unused ascended material (crystalline ingots/ores), which most likely go with jewelry, if we ever get that…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Since Ascended jewelry can be purchased from the Vendors for Laurels and coin I doubt increasing Jeweler to 500 is a priority. As for Chef considering some of the imbalances produced by current food buffs cooking is going to have to be adjusted from the bottom up. I would be surprised if by the time cooking is increased to 500 that the final product is not much more powerful then what is currently available at level 400.

Theftwind (HoD)

Mireles Lore.5942

Well if you did the Graunk “quest”, you’d be very wary of wanting cooking 500, with bloodstone/empyreal/etc.

But yeah, jewelry needs to be upped too. We still have 2 (maybe 3?) unused ascended material (crystalline ingots/ores), which most likely go with jewelry, if we ever get that…

Yeah we still got this.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Electrum_Ingot

Which made me think they had something in mind that never got off the ground for whatever reason.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah we still got this.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Electrum_Ingot

Which made me think they had something in mind that never got off the ground for whatever reason.

It hasn’t been removed?

. . . Cantha confirmed

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Just throwing a few ideas out there (or, in some cases, just agreeing with what has been said)

Jeweler 400 – 500 could give some advanced infusions. At 500, perhaps it could also create a one-use item that would allow you to reselect the stats for any Ascended item.

Chef 400 – 500 could create sera, consumables for a third buff slot that works similar to infusions in that the ordinary PvE benefits aren’t too powerful, but it provides agony resistance or some other elite-content-specific boost.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I find crafting above 400 in this game to be a massive pain. I’d prefer no more emphasis on crafting for BiS. If this request were at the very bottom of ANet’s priorities and stayed there, I’d be happy.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

ascended trinkets are absolutely kittenedly absurd to obtain so yes jeweling needs to happen

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

I don’t think there are ascended earrings anywhere yet, so that would be one definite thing for Jewelry 500 to do.

For food, I imagine either 3rd minor buffs per food, unusual or coveted stat combinations (similar to the toxic utilities), or extended durations (similar to the Potent Master Maintenance Oil).

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

If they ever are you should start saving up for them now by purchasing stacks of snowflakes. Both are super cheap at the moment and both can be used in cooking and jewelcrafting.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I don’t think there are ascended earrings anywhere yet, so that would be one definite thing for Jewelry 500 to do.

For food, I imagine either 3rd minor buffs per food, unusual or coveted stat combinations (similar to the toxic utilities), or extended durations (similar to the Potent Master Maintenance Oil).

Actually there are ascended earrings. For some reason they are called accessories, not earrings. /shrug. They can be bought from a Laurel merchant for 40 laurels and 50 ectos or from a Guild Commendation Trader for 5 gold and 12 Guild Commendations.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_ascended_trinkets#Accessories

Mireles Lore.5942

It hasn’t been removed?

. . . Cantha confirmed

Xunlai was not something that was Cantha exclusive or came with Factions. They are an NPC guild that ran the tournament and bank services of Guild Wars 1 since the beginning and still continue to provide the games current banking system.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Guild

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It hasn’t been removed?

. . . Cantha confirmed

Xunlai was not something that was Cantha exclusive or came with Factions. They are an NPC guild that ran the tournament and bank services of Guild Wars 1 since the beginning and still continue to provide the games current banking system.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Guild

Oh hush you and your common sense, the meme must go on!

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Actually there are ascended earrings. For some reason they are called accessories, not earrings. /shrug. They can be bought from a Laurel merchant for 40 laurels and 50 ectos or from a Guild Commendation Trader for 5 gold and 12 Guild Commendations.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_ascended_trinkets#Accessories

They called accessories because that’s what their slot is labeled as and includes things such as books, spoons, frogs in a jar, flowers, and other strange things. Calling it the earring slot wouldn’t really be accurate.

I do really think it’d be awesome to have a legendary amulet that consolidates the stats of all 5 pieces of jewelry and has selectable stats. Seeing that jewelry makes up the bulk of stats, this would be a great step toward easier build swapping and would drastically reduce wasted inventory space just to carry multiple sets. Having a power set and a condi set takes up almost an entire 20 slot bag. It would also make it more useful as an account wide piece of equipment.

(edited by Tman.6349)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

ascended trinkets are absolutely kittenedly absurd to obtain so yes jeweling needs to happen

Laurels arent hard to get, and you only need to spend 25 for an amulet. Quit being lazy. You only need 10 pristine fractal relics for rings, and most players are lucky enough to drop at least 1 by then. Quit being lazy. Accessories you can get by running guild missions, which takes at most 3 weeks and 1 day. Quit. Being. Lazy. It takes ONE MONTH. To accumulate ascended trinkets. That aint absurd.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Laurels arent hard to get, and you only need to spend 25 for an amulet. Quit being lazy. You only need 10 pristine fractal relics for rings, and most players are lucky enough to drop at least 1 by then. Quit being lazy. Accessories you can get by running guild missions, which takes at most 3 weeks and 1 day. Quit. Being. Lazy. It takes ONE MONTH. To accumulate ascended trinkets. That aint absurd.

And how about if you have 8 lvl 80s? 10 80s? 13 80s? 15 80s? 20 80s? Your assumptions and conclusions are both silly. Telling people to ‘quit being lazy’ when you’re ignorant of what their constraints/intentions are is pretty silly as well. Also note that laurels are spent for things other than just jewelry, ie. Ascended crafting.

(edited by Tman.6349)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And how about if you have 8 lvl 80s? 10 80s? 13 80s? 15 80s? 20 80s? Your assumptions and conclusions are both silly. Telling people to ‘quit being lazy’ when you’re ignorant of what their constraints/intentions are is pretty silly as well. Also note that laurels are spent for things other than just jewelry, ie. Ascended crafting.

Eh, it is silly.

Also as silly as being able to make Doric’s Signet Ring or a Mursaat Token (Still think those should be more earned/found than just bought off a curio shop . . . )

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I got 27 characters. Simply put them in the bank, Ascended Gear are account bound.

With HOTM having a bank, I can easily switch ascended gear for WvW easily.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant