Will GW2 become retroactively improved?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Q:

By this, I mean with eventually the older zones of GW2 use this new form of progression being introduced in Heart of Thorns?

(See: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/how-guild-wars-2s-mastery-system-could-change-mmos-forever?+main+twitter)

Will there be a way for the developers to make places like Queensdale or Fields of Ruin a place to just go as an 80 and feel needed?

Will the older, original zones of GW2 become what they originally told us about? the mythical ideal that the entire game is actually end-game? and was fun, challenging, and rewarding for every level?

Perhaps new areas will be opened above or below these zones using mastery points, unlocking “hard-mode” content for veteran players, while the fresh newcomers merrily push along completing events and leveling up?

Could…it…be!

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

They have said that we can get masteries from the whole game. Their application in terms of hang gliders and the mushrooms is limited to Magumma though.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

They’ve already said the masteries will be added to the whole game.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

They have said that we can get masteries from the whole game. Their application in terms of hang gliders and the mushrooms is limited to Magumma though.

You have it backwards, bro-han. A lot of the masteries are usable in the whole world but earning the points for the masteries to be unlocked is only available in the expansion areas.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You have it backwards, bro-han. A lot of the masteries are usable in the whole world but earning the points for the masteries to be unlocked is only available in the expansion areas.

This is incorrect. You unlock certain masteries in the expansion but you also unlock other masteries in the old world. In fact, the day the expansion releases some of us will have mastery points already, as we’ve already done some of the stuff required to get them. They will be rewarded retroactively.

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

I agree with Leo G.
Pretty much had the same situation with ascended gear. They still haven’t got the ability to gain it “across the world” and it’s locked off to select things like Laurels, or very high crafting levels, and still fractals.

Posted by: Minae Iss.7054

Minae Iss.7054

I agree with KngGilgamesh and Vayne, as it was stated directly by Colin in an interview. Masteries can come from world bosses that are already in game, some collections that we already have and other stuff that is in the current game. We can only glide in the new maps though because it will pretty much break the current maps.

(edited by Minae Iss.7054)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I agree with Leo G.
Pretty much had the same situation with ascended gear. They still haven’t got the ability to gain it “across the world” and it’s locked off to select things like Laurels, or very high crafting levels, and still fractals.

Leo G is factually wrong, you can agree with him all you like. What I said was taken directly from an interview with Colin.