Will I enjoy this game?

Will I enjoy this game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dahveed.2684

Dahveed.2684

Basically i just purchased the game and am about 54% done with the install. I come onto the forums and the second topic I see is “Should I ask for a refund now?”. That worries me a little bit. Also this is a bit of topic but does anyone have any recommended servers I join or is there anyone else out there new that would like to begin playing with me? Im looking to make a few friends in this new community.

Will I enjoy this game?

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

Just ignore the refund threads. In every MMO game there are lots of whining and complaining in the forums. You just gotta ignore them and play the game yourself, then make your mind if you enjoy it or not.

Depends if you want busy server or one with smaller comminty, also EU or US…

Will I enjoy this game?

Posted by: Venom.2650

Venom.2650

It mainly depends on you, some of the people who are leaving the game it is mainly cause the game isn’t for them. I played GW1 since it came out and played all the expansions was a great game for me, now with GW2 playing since release and the game is still keeping me interested.

The game is not gonna be for everyone.

Will I enjoy this game?

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

If you made the purchase, play it for yourself and see if you enjoy it.

Will I enjoy this game?

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

Basically i just purchased the game and am about 54% done with the install. I come onto the forums and the second topic I see is “Should I ask for a refund now?”. That worries me a little bit. Also this is a bit of topic but does anyone have any recommended servers I join or is there anyone else out there new that would like to begin playing with me? Im looking to make a few friends in this new community.

Ignore the forums. My advice is to play the game for a few weeks, and decide for yourself whether you will enjoy it or not. It’s likely that some of the posts here will influence your decision if you let them.

Will I enjoy this game?

Dahveed.2684

It mainly depends on you, some of the people who are leaving the game it is mainly cause the game isn’t for them. I played GW1 since it came out and played all the expansions was a great game for me, now with GW2 playing since release and the game is still keeping me interested.

Yes I definitely know that coming into it but its like I don’t really enjoy the “Traditional MMORPG” anymore. Coming into it I actually believed I would enjoy the game because of how different it is. for example when I was younger I like a game called Runescape(what 12 year old didn’t play that) simply because it was different and not like every other MMORPG out.

Will I enjoy this game?

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Actually, you’re better off ignoring the entire General Discussions forum as it has devolved into the absolute worst forum that I’ve ever experienced in my 30+ years of gaming. Just leave and don’t come back…you’ll thank me for it later.

Then, do what others have suggested…play the game and decide for yourself based on your personal desires, expectations, and experiences. Chances are that you’ll enjoy yourself but only you can tell.

Also, I’d suggest Tarnished Coast since it’s always busy. But then again…I’m a bit biased.

This sentence is false.

Will I enjoy this game?

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Yes I definitely know that coming into it but its like I don’t really enjoy the “Traditional MMORPG” anymore. Coming into it I actually believed I would enjoy the game because of how different it is. for example when I was younger I like a game called Runescape(what 12 year old didn’t play that) simply because it was different and not like every other MMORPG out.

I’ll stop you right here. GW2 is like every other typical MMORPG except more boring and hundreds of bugs. So if you get bored I’d suggest getting a refund, it will only get worse.

Post like this is why you should avoid the forums and just play, and decide yourself. Above it only that poster’s personal opinion. Don’t let it influence you, because there’s a huge spectrum of people wanting to shove their opinions down your throats, ranging from the “this game is the worst ever” to the “this game is best ever.”

Just…play yourself, and decide if you like the game or not. If it’s different enough from other MMORPGs for you.

Will I enjoy this game?

Dahveed.2684

I’ll stop you right here. GW2 is like every other typical MMORPG except more boring and hundreds of bugs. So if you get bored I’d suggest getting a refund, it will only get worse.

Post like this is why you should avoid the forums and just play, and decide yourself. Above it only that poster’s personal opinion. Don’t let it influence you, because there’s a huge spectrum of people wanting to shove their opinions down your throats, ranging from the “this game is the worst ever” to the “this game is best ever.”

Just…play yourself, and decide if you like the game or not. If it’s different enough from other MMORPGs for you.

Will do thank you, thanks guys im saying bye for now I wont be on the forums for a couple weeks. Im going to play the game and form an opinion of my own.

Will I enjoy this game?

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Excellent decision. I hope that you enjoy yourself and if you make it onto TC and need any assistance please feel free to contact me in-game and I’ll do what I can for you. Peace.

This sentence is false.

Will I enjoy this game?

Posted by: AsariMabari.6425

AsariMabari.6425

Yes, I think you will enjoy this game. Let me just say that I’ve been looking for an MMORPG that I would actually stick with for YEARS, and I’ve tried countless ones. I’ve been disappointed with them all. I always played free MMOs because the thought of paying monthly sucked all the fun out of gaming. I picked up this game because 1) no monthly fees and 2) it seemed awesome. And it is.

I am so obsessed with this game! I started two days ago or so, after doing tons of research before buying. This game is amazing.

I recommend you join the Dragonbrand world so you can come chill with me I’m looking for someone amiable to hang with and go hunting with. I, too, am new, so I might not be the best source of information but we can figure it all out together (plus I bought the game guide so… yeah )

In case you decide to meet up, my character is a human (so I start out in and around Queensdale) named Saffron Elnora.

Welcome to Thessia, Commander.

Will I enjoy this game?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Just play it. Hang out in PHP forum to ask questions. Other than “OMG stop calling them toons!” (which doesn’t seem like much of a question), there isn’t too much agro going on there. And most people have helped answer all sorts of questions I’ve had.

I should take my own advice, but I’m pretty good about separating my enjoyment of the game and my fascination with MMO game forum archaeology.

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

Will I enjoy this game?

Posted by: don ring.2793

don ring.2793

Exactly what many have said. Ignore the forums. The game is going through a rough spot right now with different tiers of gear being released which wouldn’t be a problem if they hadn’t said from the get go that they wouldn’t introduce a gear treadmill. I personally have stopped playing for the most part out of sheer disappointment in a company who’s word means nothing but this really is nothing new to the genre as whole. Besides these complaints the game is pretty amazing. Wonderful art, the action is fun and there is quite a large amount of content that is accessible at any level. Have fun and don’t listen to these negative neds that do nothing but bring out the worst in this game because in actuality, this is one of the most high quality mmorpg’s on the market.