Will I ever be able to use these again?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

http://i.imgur.com/aIBYNDh.png

Can I safely trash these or what?

I don’t really expect Found Belongings to make a comeback unless we get a S01 LS remake, but it’s a little frustrating that I can’t even salvage the Blade Shards into sprockets or something if I can’t sell them to people who actually do need them.

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

Unless you’ve made the spinal blades backpacks there is no reason to keep the blade shards. For now, at least. I’m keeping them for now, because who knows what may be coming.

As for the Found Belongings I’m unsure.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

save the blade shards if you want to make ascended back pieces. The other things i don’t remember >.>

Keneth.6490

I’ve already made all three ascended backpieces when they were originally introduced. Those Blade Shards are leftovers, just like the Found Belongings.

It’s become increasingly more annoying moving these things around from one place to another and I’d love to just get rid of them, but it’d be nice to have some official word on the matter.

Not that I’d trade the blade shards in even if they reintroduce the merchant. They promised us some nice things for them and when the merchant was originally introduced, I casually ignored it because it was a complete ripoff and I thought we’d get a better deal in the future.

I don’t know, I keep thinking maybe we’ll get a blade armor at some point or something, and I have a habit of hoarding just about everything, but it’s unlikely and my storage and mules could use a breather once in a while.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I think Anet said they’d add some kind of trader for them, it’s not in at the moment but it’s probably coming in HoT.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The correct answer for Found Belongings is… They’re currency and should be in our wallets instead of taking up inventory space.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Jimmito.1586

Jimmito.1586

You should mail me those blade shards wink wink

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

Blade shards are the cheapest way to get ascended pieces for alts and this useful even if you unlocked the skins.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Blade shard account bound so can’t mail them to another player.

;)

Posted by: Jimmito.1586

Jimmito.1586

Oh duh haha

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

and always be careful with deleting . yeah i know if we dont care we all went to data messies^^
but until few days we also abandon all hope that wvw gear and runes inside will ever become salvageable

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Anet said definitively that found belongings will not make a return. Those are safe to dump.

Reference saved on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/206e9u/spend_your_found_belongings_and_found_heirlooms/

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

@Kumion, the forum mod just repeated what was written on the paper in front of her, I’m not even sure if she still plays the game. The last post of CC Danicia was on July 7, 2014, which is kinda odd when your job is Community Coordinator.

Meaning she just said the event will end and the NPC will be removed. She did not say Living Season 1 will never become replayable forever and ever, thus the found belongings may become exchangeable again, unless they make that episode drop another kind of item instead.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Keneth.6490

I think Anet said they’d add some kind of trader for them, it’s not in at the moment but it’s probably coming in HoT.

That’d be nice, unless it’s the same trader we got before. In which case, no thanks. That merchant was worse than the ability to merch ascended stuff for 5s (at least we’ll get to salvage those in HoT). I don’t particularly enjoy being insulted for my hard work.

Blade shards are the cheapest way to get ascended pieces for alts and this useful even if you unlocked the skins.

True enough, I suppose, but I’ve already got plenty of ascended backpieces.

If I could have given or traded them away, I would have done so a long time ago.

Anet said definitively that found belongings will not make a return. Those are safe to dump.

As near as I can tell, that was just a notice for the event ending, not a guarantee that they won’t be coming back. Granted, it’s not very likely, but I think many of us would still like something more definitive than that.

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Given that blade shards can be obtained from the nodes in our home instance so there are more coming into the game all the time, some use for them would be appreciated.