Will Molten Pickaxe return? :(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sabelle.2159

Sabelle.2159

Q:

I have to say, I bought the consortium sickle and I absolutely adore it!

I came back to the game about a month ago, but it seems I was a little late for a Molten Alliance Event where people were able to buy a special pickaxe variation.

I am wondering, will the MA Pickaxe ever return? If so, when do you think it will return?

I hope it’s soon, I’d love to collect these unlimited harvesting tools as a complete set! They look wonderful!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Maybe or maybe not, but some other variation on it probably will come out at some point. It might not be the molten pick axe, but some other everlasting pick axe that has some new animation.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’d like it to return as well.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i’d like not….
they should make a different one with different animation <.<

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

I would love the concept of it because I like not having to worry about running out of sickles etc and missed out on the pickaxe, but I agree they should keep the molten pickaxe limited. A different pickaxe with a different animation would be fantastic though.

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Even though the pickaxe was a limited time deal, I wouldn’t mind terribly if it returned as I’d probably buy another one. My preference would be for a new pickaxe with a new animation however.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I would expect that a variation to the Molten Pickaxe with a different animation will be made available in the future… Hopefully!

Now those of you who know me might say, “but Yalora, you said you did NOT like the Molten Pickaxe”, and you would be right.
One: I did not like the animation. Just me but it looked too overtly gaudy and
Two: When you did the math on the cost of the pick, it would have took me about 8 years to justify the cost vs oh so many an Ori Axes.

Since then, I broke down and bought the Consortium Harvesting Sickle (after they fixed the animation) and am glad that I did. I liked the animation and it is faster then using a standard Sickle. Does that justify the cost? Well, no not really but hey, throwing financial caution to the wind, I did it anyway

I have enough Gems in inventory to purchase the soon to be released “Eternal Axe” and I plan on doing so with due haste.

So if they bring back another Eternal Pick, I am buying it no matter what the animation looks like. (Attn ANet, this is not an invitation to slack on the new ones)

And to head off the comments of being a Gem Store Fanboy/girl, the only other item I have bought from the Store were Bank Tabs, of which a cap of 8 is personally NOT enough.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

That’s the thing though. I got mine when they told us that it had a limited supply (limited time to get them) and it kind of defeats that point if you being them back, doesn’t it?

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I vote for a new one with new animation brought back around the same time. So those that have the molten still stand out. (My main has the molten but Id like to get another/different look for an alt.)