Will "The Crossing" Be Back?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Hey guys. I need your opinion on something.

So, I’ve wanted “The Crossing” (staff, for those who don’t know it) for quite some time now, and I’m disappointed that it’s now at almost 200g a piece with only 14 available. The lowest I’ve seen it was at around 178g when there was around 38 or so available.

My question: do you think it will be craftable again next Halloween? That would mean that more Crossings would come into the market and lower its price. However, if it doesn’t, then this is it. So should I just break down and buy it of the TP or wait and see if it can be crafted again next Halloween?

P.S. Still waiting on that Tribal armor, just so everyone knows.

Posted by: sternenstaub.8763

sternenstaub.8763

I might be wrong here, but I thought you can craft it even now.
You just need the recipes that are only available during Halloween. Still, I just checked the mats yesterday and they are expensive.

Will check the complete crafting cost at the weekend and come back here, because I think I have those recipes enabled, just never had the money to buy the mats before.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

With the new Wardrobe, I’d be surprised if they didn’t re-release all sorts of skins.

I’m fully expecting the Bazaar to make a come-back soon, with its back skins and helms. (Probably new stuff too.) And the SAB probably in August/September (another “back-to-school” promotion).

Likewise, I’d expect the Halloween stuff to make a comeback.

It gives people more stuff to work towards.

I think ANet has finally acknowledged that they should return to their GW1 roots with horizontal progression.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I might be wrong here, but I thought you can craft it even now.
You just need the recipes that are only available during Halloween. Still, I just checked the mats yesterday and they are expensive.

Will check the complete crafting cost at the weekend and come back here, because I think I have those recipes enabled, just never had the money to buy the mats before.

Yeah, you can craft it, but the recipe for the Gift of Souls is currently 300g with only 4 listed:
http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/36071

The Gift of Souls then costs 70g to craft… (And then you need 20 Superior Sigils of the Night…)

Posted by: Lydia Solace.1348

Lydia Solace.1348

With the new Wardrobe, I’d be surprised if they didn’t re-release all sorts of skins.

I’m fully expecting the Bazaar to make a come-back soon, with its back skins and helms. (Probably new stuff too.) And the SAB probably in August/September (another “back-to-school” promotion).

Likewise, I’d expect the Halloween stuff to make a comeback.

It gives people more stuff to work towards.

I think ANet has finally acknowledged that they should return to their GW1 roots with horizontal progression.

Honestly I hope you are correct but I have to say I doubt it. Last year during Halloween many skins didn’t make their return..Nor did the Winters day black lion clam ticket weapons go back on sale either. It is pretty solid bet that items like the Shattered Holographic dragon wings or the Fervid Censor meta achievements from past living worlds will never make a come back either… I really hope this year they will make their return though. At this point those skins are more rare then a Legendary because they can no longer be acquired…

(edited by Lydia Solace.1348)

Seabreeze.8437

Alright, so I guess I’ll just wait it out and hopefully we’ll see a lot more Crossings come Halloween. I just wasn’t sure if I should buy or wait.

Edit: Was the Crossing a Halloween item, or a Mad King item? Because actually that might give us a hint as to whether the recipe will come back or not this October.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

The Crossing was around for both Halloween events. I see no reason to think it won’t be craftable during the next one.

Hell, it’s craftable now, it’s just hard to do.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

The crossing is a Mystic forge weapon. You need a recipe to craft the gift wich is overpriced. and the staff itself is cheap at 175 and fairly priced at 200 due to the mats.

Gift of souls (need recipe 300 gold or just buy it: 115 gold)
for crafting you’ll need
(recipe: 300 gold)
1 gift of knowledge (500 coe tokens)
100 Crystal lodestones (32gold)
50 ecto (16 gold)
250 ori ingots (25-28 gold)

Then mystic forge:

gift of souls
Eldritch scroll (50 skillpoints)
20 sigils of night (40 gold)
100 mystic coins (well 100 dailies or 1 gold)

For The Crossing

so making it cheap: buy gift and mats and throw in the forge = 150-160 gold.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Seabreeze.8437

So with the wardrobe system in place, can players who have the mats (or most of them) craft the crossing for the skin, then put it up on the trading post and make their money back? Because that would make it a good time to craft this bad boy for those who can. Not to mention it would raise the supply on the TP.

Posted by: kanarek.8025

kanarek.8025

So with the wardrobe system in place, can players who have the mats (or most of them) craft the crossing for the skin, then put it up on the trading post and make their money back? Because that would make it a good time to craft this bad boy for those who can. Not to mention it would raise the supply on the TP.

No you can’t do this. Unlock skin = soul bound/account bound.

Seabreeze.8437

No you can’t do this. Unlock skin = soul bound/account bound.

Right, I forgot about this. My bad. Still, it’s nice to see players still crafting it and putting it up on the TP. Still wondering if it’ll be easier to craft come Halloween though, what with all the candy corn ores and such… hmmm.