Will The Mastery System Have Impact on WvW?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I was wondering that. Masteries will have impact/effect on skills that can be used in WvW (unlock new class skills/traits)? There is no info about this here:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/reimagining-progression-the-mastery-system

Only says that will have some tracking similar to WvW skills. Also, can you get masteries on WvW?

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

From what has been released so far, it’s been said that Masteries will be PVE only. WVW has its own set of masteries.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

It would be a bit funny to experience a zerg on gliders swooping down on an enemy zerg and on TS someone screaming “DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!”

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

From what has been released so far, it’s been said that Masteries will be PVE only. WVW has its own set of masteries.

Thanks for the info ^^

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

It would be a bit funny to experience a zerg on gliders swooping down on an enemy zerg and on TS someone screaming “DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!”

Funny yes, but trying to imagine it in a wvw sense is kinda epic sounding too lol

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I thought they were gonna re-invent the WvW mastery system based on this new PvE thingy.

Because they quoted before:“We’ve had a taken a look at the WvW system, and improved it” or something like that

So I wouldn’t be surprised if they gonna reinvent your WvW masteries and make them “Better”.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Azrael.4960

Like that scene in Godzilla 2014 when they parachuted into Las Vegas. Adding a 3rd dimension to WvW would definitely liven things up, but would require proper depth in the map design, not to mention anti “aircraft” mechanics. Siege tracking mechanics would be a nightmare. I could see barrage rangers being handy for defending towers

It would make attacking certain points in the existing borderlands impossible, though, as the BL owners could just fly out of the Citadel and land inside the towers nearby or dive bomb into the camps with high enough gliding.

I’d imagine blobs would completely avoid fighting near cliffs for fear of being hit by “paratroopers”. Also, I could also imagine an aerial assault by players with high enough Gliding from Garrison to Bay or aerial reconnaissance from Stonemist. Stonemist would take on a new significance as it’s the highest point in EBG and from there you could launch paradrops into any of the nearby towers. If you could take and hold SMC, you’d basically own EBG. Imagine the fights!….and the frame drops XD

All. These. Possibilities!

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Like that scene in Godzilla 2014 when they parachuted into Las Vegas. Adding a 3rd dimension to WvW would definitely liven things up, but would require proper depth in the map design, not to mention anti “aircraft” mechanics. Siege tracking mechanics would be a nightmare. I could see barrage rangers being handy for defending towers

It would make attacking certain points in the existing borderlands impossible, though, as the BL owners could just fly out of the Citadel and land inside the towers nearby or dive bomb into the camps with high enough gliding.

I’d imagine blobs would completely avoid fighting near cliffs for fear of being hit by “paratroopers”. Also, I could also imagine an aerial assault by players with high enough Gliding from Garrison to Bay or aerial reconnaissance from Stonemist. Stonemist would take on a new significance as it’s the highest point in EBG and from there you could launch paradrops into any of the nearby towers. If you could take and hold SMC, you’d basically own EBG. Imagine the fights!….and the frame drops XD

The scenarios you just presented would make me actually WANT to play WvW. I would hop in just to join a paratrooper group and rain hell with my Engi’s grenades and things like that.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The scenarios you just presented would make me actually WANT to play WvW. I would hop in just to join a paratrooper group and rain hell with my Engi’s grenades and things like that.

I bet you’d also love to see enemies glide from SM top floor to your home keep and capture it before the crosses would even pop?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think Anet are missing a trick by not having hang gliding in WvW.

They could have just added it to the new WvW map only.

It would have added a whole new level of strategy/tactics to WvW, with offensive/defensive airforces needed.

Also, we could have posted youtube/twitch videos showing groups of players flying in formation to take keeps etc with obviously wings of the valkirye music playing. Or with music from queen, recreating the scene from Flash Gordon the movie, where the hawkmen are gathered to descend on Ming the Merciless palace.

Really, Anet have some imagination…

Doing something like that would have hordes of players returning to WvW.

Azrael.4960

Anyone old enough to remember this
http://youtu.be/mzAQu23t19A

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I didn’t think the gliding even worked in pve outside of the new zone……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

nope the mastery system is zone bound / fractal bound

u cant take 1 mastery to another zone. u gain the mastery for that zone.

also WvW already has “mastery” its what u spend your WvW points on for increased effectiveness on abilitys you use the most in WvW like arrow cart MASTERY

learning to read text properly is a very awesome skill to use

taken directly from the front page of gw2 about the masteries

Each Mastery track is tied to a region of Tyria-they must be unlocked with Mastery points gained in that region and can only be trained in that region. With the launch of Heart of Thorns, there will be two Mastery regions: the Heart of Maguuma, encompassing all PvE zones that are part of the Heart of Thorns expansion, and the core Guild Wars 2 world, encompassing all PvE zones currently available in the game today. Since Mastery tracks can only be trained in their respective regions, the Mastery training bar will automatically change the Mastery track slotted when you change regions, reverting to the last Mastery track you had selected for that region. Some Mastery points will come from content that existing players may have already completed, and these Mastery points will be automatically awarded to you with the release of Heart of Thorns, allowing you to get started on your Mastery journey right away.

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I think Anet are missing a trick by not having hang gliding in WvW.

They could have just added it to the new WvW map only.

It would have added a whole new level of strategy/tactics to WvW, with offensive/defensive airforces needed.

Also, we could have posted youtube/twitch videos showing groups of players flying in formation to take keeps etc with obviously wings of the valkirye music playing. Or with music from queen, recreating the scene from Flash Gordon the movie, where the hawkmen are gathered to descend on Ming the Merciless palace.

Really, Anet have some imagination…

Doing something like that would have hordes of players returning to WvW.

I’m much happier that they chose to make moving around the battlefield in the new WvW map harder, rather than easier like it would be with gliders.

What would be the purpose of having walls at all if everyone could just bypass them completely by flying over them?

I’m sure the new BL map will have enough interesting mechanics without flying.

And how would a “defensive air force” even work? Do you think Anet will build yet another form of combat (aerial combat) when they can’t even balance Underwater Combat?

I don’t think you really thought your post through…

One – Piken Square