Will Voice Activation be detected as a cheat?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Barbarka.9362

Barbarka.9362

I just started using windows voice activation software in conjunction with a controller, to issue commands such as “heal” and “loot.” This is simply using your voice to input a key and is not using scripts. By saying “heal” or “talk to” the computer thinks i am pressing w, which is my heal button or my interact button. Will this be detected as a cheat A NET?

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

That’s pretty interesting. And hilarious when you think about it.

Go around tagging in a event, then running around saying “Loot loot loot loot loot loot” constantly. Lmao

Barbarka.9362

Rofl I just tested it out. Didn’t want to do it too much since i have far to much time invested in the game to get banned over something like this. But I see that combat mod is allowed, so I don’t know why something like this would not. Saying “steal” “heal” “vanish” was pretty fun though.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Can it be detected? Yes.
Will they care? Probably not.

It’s basically a macro. It’s okay as long as you don’t do something like: saying “attack” = 1 <wait 1s> 2 <wait 1s> 5 <wait 2s> 3. Complex macros are generally considered a violation. Simple macros, aka 1 key press, are ok.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yeah I don’t see why there would be a problem with it. It’s not automatic or anything, it’s like keybinding your loot function to a new button except this button is… your voice.

Could probably try contacting support or something.

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

I can easily imagine your little brother saying “Hey, Mario, jump!” while playing Gameboy.

And then your character falls off a cliff. (:

No, definitly, desinstall this^^

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

Don’t think it could really be treated as a cheat, it is just an alternative input interface, reminds me actually an accessibility feature, so it would be rather welcome i believe.

What is this program anyway?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Well the rule for mouse buttons is that as long as it’s 1:1 key binds its ok, and I think that goes for all other methods of control as well.

As someone else said it would be a problem if you said ‘attack’ and it then started using a whole chain of skills without any further input from you, because that’s basically botting. But if it’s the equivilent of pushing a button then it’s fine.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Barbarka.9362

Windows speech recognition which is build in past vista. Then there is another one that you have to download from Microsoft called Windows speech recogntion macros. You then can tell it that when i say “heal” it outputs a key."

-WOW THIS is really great. People with handicaps could play the game using these voice commands. While not to the full extent of mouse and keyboard, but you could still do it.

(edited by Barbarka.9362)