Will We Ever Get a 'Last Logged in Function'?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

It’s been one year now and amazingly we still don’t have the ability to know the last time a member logged in. This seems like a basic function for an MMO and I have no idea why it hasn’t been implemented. It creates a lot of unnecessary misery and time wasted for guild leaders and officers.

For guilds that have come close to 500 members it means long and tedious methods to figure out who you have to kick to make room for active players. Most of the time I’m unable to even access the Guild Leaderboards, right now the only way to see the last time a member logged in by way of a achievement point.

I know this topic has been brought up again and again. I would rather pass on several months of Living Story content to just get the guild administration panel up to date, or at least bring it to the level of Guild Wars 1.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

What you may have is the “last represented” time. The last login is to be known only between a player and A.net.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

As Colin Johanson said:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/colin-johanson-talks-dungeons-dragons-and-chairs

“I would say that guild features in general are all really important to us. But people who can work on those features are the same people who are involved in a couple other very specific projects and so we only have a few of ‘em who really can work on the player and guild account databases. We’re waiting for them to finish other stuff before we can do a lot of guild-related projects. So we do have a few things in the pipeline already for guilds that are coming. As I’ve outlined in my blog post last week, I think that there’s a lot of the high level stuff that we need to finish to get the core of the game where we really want it to be. When that’s done, I think we’ll turn our eye to sort of the next round of features and a lot of those certainly are guild related things among, you know, other types of content and expanding out experiences for players and looking beyond the regions we have.”

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

In Guild Wars 1 and most other games you know if someone last logged in 1 day ago or 3 months ago; it’s right there in the guild panel. It’s not something that should be a big secret. However, I’d settle for a “last represented”.

Does it make sense to have a 500 cap in your guild and not know if someone stopped playing 5 months ago? In large guilds it is impossible to remember who may have been online in the last month or so.

I don’t think they are getting enough grief for this. I suppose it’s mainly because only guild leaders and officers in big guilds are burdened with it.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

After so many years in development, (5 years wasn’t it?), they probably had to release the game without all the bells and whistles. As you said, it’s mostly officers in big guilds that are burdened with it. Which means its a niche problem. Since they have to prioritize the improvements for the game, they are going first for the ones that impact the most people. And as Colin said, they know its a problem but the ones that can fix it are busy with other projects.