Will anet milk the gem store now game is f2p?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jake.5017

Jake.5017

Now the game is f2p I fear anet will release new armour purely through the gem store and not as quest/dungeon/fractal/event rewards even more so now, I do purchase some now and then so I am not entirely against gem store goods, but I fear they will surely milk it now they have taken the games price tag off.

If you make compelling gameplay and reward those play, you will always have people playing your game. Happy players will support you when you bring out a sale on a mini or something special. Don’t forget this anet.

Just my 2 cents

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Business as usual then?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Now the game is f2p I fear anet will release new armour purely through the gem store and not as quest/dungeon/fractal/event rewards even more so now, I do purchase some now and then so I am not entirely against gem store goods, but I fear they will surely milk it now they have taken the games price tag off.

If you make compelling gameplay and reward those play, you will always have people playing your game. Happy players will support you when you bring out a sale on a mini or something special. Don’t forget this anet.

Just my 2 cents

There will be no armor on the gem store, only outfits. Armor will come from gameplay only. They didn’t take the price tag off, the game is not like other f2p games, you still need to pay to play HoT content and the whole idea of making this f2p is to show the game to players so they buy HoT

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

While I disagree with it going to F2P the free accounts have heavy restrictions, essentially making them permanent trial accounts.

As for the gem store I believe there was enough fuss about a lot of armor showing up for sale and not in game, so going forward if I understood it correctly Outfits will be gemstore, and armor will be in game, with the possible exception of armor already released on the gem store previously, such as the primeval and zodiac sets (which I’m really really hoping make the same discounted appearance they made last year, as i want all 3 sets but can only afford that if they’re discounted a bit)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: ErickDntn.1847

ErickDntn.1847

From what I can imply from their PAX presentation, they seem to have a commitment not to monetize hard from the gemstore, though cosmetics and convenience items are still the main feature of the store basically

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

How about putting Laurels in Gem Shop?
And nerfing it’s income from login rewards?

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Of course they will. They don’t seem to give a care about players’ satisfaction.

This anniversary thing is a plot to milk players through the gemstore. We can’t grind enough gold in time, so some of us resort to buying gems using real money -_-, and possibly influence veterans to buy the $100 HoT that comes with 4000gems.

I see through you, ANET.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Why nerf them? F2P can’t get them other than achievement chests as they are locked out of login rewards.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Why nerf them? F2P can’t get them other than achievement chests as they are locked out of login rewards.

I know that f2p players can’t get them from login rewards.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.