Will karma consumables go away on the 3rd?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

With the wallet and the removal of boosts on consumables, what’s the point in even having them in the game anymore? Please just add it into the wallet, take them out of bags and boxes, and just add the karam to the wallet. Saves time and space, and will help draw attention away from getting shafted with the boost change.

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

No, and I am tired of reiterating this point but here we go.

Karma consumables were introduced earlier in the year when daily and monthly achievements began to give tangible rewards. This was because people were having a tough time getting the substantial amount of karma that they needed to buy elements necessary to the creation of legendary weapons. The effect that boosters had on the karma consumables WAS AN UNINTENDED SIDE EFFECT of the way the gain was handled. Since Anet is giving an inherent 50% boost to the consumables at the same time that they are removing this function from the game, I can hardly sympathize with anyone kvetching about the update or caterwauling about how the karma consumables are pointless without the boosters.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Karma consumables were introduced earlier in the year when daily and monthly achievements began to give tangible rewards. This was because people were having a tough time getting the substantial amount of karma that they needed to buy elements necessary to the creation of legendary weapons. The effect that boosters had on the karma consumables WAS AN UNINTENDED SIDE EFFECT of the way the gain was handled. Since Anet is giving an inherent 50% boost to the consumables at the same time that they are removing this function from the game, I can hardly sympathize with anyone kvetching about the update or caterwauling about how the karma consumables are pointless without the boosters.

I don’t think you understand what OP is saying.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

They could just grant karma directly, not in a bottle. They don’t give you a bag of coins for your daily. There use to be no way to transfer karma to other characters besides the bottles, but now it’s all account bound so I really don’t see the point.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Welcome to my topic. I invite you to actually read it!

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

speaking of which, why do we even have bags of coins? I understand the tradable ones you get form the BL chest but I don’t get why we have those soulbound ones

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

speaking of which, why do we even have bags of coins? I understand the tradable ones you get form the BL chest but I don’t get why we have those soulbound ones

I always thought it was a flavor thing for dungeon loot, like your character is coming out of a dungeon with a bag full of coins. I agree though I can’t see a practical purpose and its more annoying than anything.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

I did read it, but not as well as I ought to have; I apparently missed a key word or two, and for that I apologize. You do make a fair point. With Karma now being account wide, direct delivery seems like the reasonable step. Karma bottles are somewhat of a nuisance, taking up inventory and bank space if not immediately consumed (which will be the usual practice since boosters will have no effect).

Perhaps part of a future update, because I saw no mention of this anywhere and they have obviously planned to keep them around for a while longer.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I was wondering the same. With the wallet and the non-booster changes, the karma vessels have become antiquated…

On the other hand, there have been karma vessels you could find in the world (for example at the Flame & Frost dungeon). Or that child’s drawing we got from the Karka event.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

When karma comes in a chest, or some other vessel of distribution, how should we be notified that we have earned this karma upon opening said vessel? Would a little icon to the side be enough? Same with coin bags. Do we pay enough attention to that little scroll on the right side? (Which I wish they would either move, or speed back up a bit.)
I am not championing to keep the vessels, I am wondering if ArenaNet is considering delivery methods, and that is why they (coin bags and karma vessels) are still in-game.

Posted by: Vaugh.7193

Vaugh.7193

I can think of one reason the karma bottles has to be in the game: When you get RNG of karma bottles, as from Orrian Boxes. It would be really hard to understand why an Orrian Box sometimes give 600 karma back and other times 1500 karma for someone without any insight.

Guild leader of As Stars We Belong [STAR]
WvW Commander of Blacktide.
@RaugoolGW2 on Twitter

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

That would be a nice quality of life thing. Get rid of some meaningless clicking.