Will level cap raise?

Will level cap raise?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moradon.9670

Moradon.9670

I read some contrastanting posts about the possible intent by developers of raising level cap in the future. Does someone know the actual situation? Are there news? Thanks for replying

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I really hope so, that’s probably the only way to retain veteran players, beside new content.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I read some contrastanting posts about the possible intent by developers of raising level cap in the future. Does someone know the actual situation? Are there news? Thanks for replying

Not likely. There’s no reason to.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

It would make no sense whatsoever to raise the level cap with the current game mechanics. Infact I am happy to play a game that is not about grinding levels for half a year.

A clear NO. No plans, no news, wont happen anytime soon. Hopefully never.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

I would hope not. That would just ruin the game.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Mugiwara Luffy.1087

Mugiwara Luffy.1087

I don’t hope so either, it basically adds nothing more to the game. Since you will be level 90 or so, everything in pve will be even more easy than it currently is.

All current regions shoud be updated to match the higher levels, or new maps should be added.. New gear should be put into the game.. Way to much work.

Whats wrong with level 80 max anyway?

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

God no, this ‘fresh start’ garbage already made levelling alts a lot more tedious. We don’t need more levels on top of that..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

so make people’s investment in ascended armor a waste?

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I don’t want them to do it, so they probably will. They do almost everything I don’t want them to do, even before I know that I don’t want them to do it. So. Yeah.

The table is a fable.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

I really hope so, that’s probably the only way to retain veteran players, beside new content.

really? all of the players I know hate the idea of raising the level cap

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

No thanks.

Keep that artifical illusion of accomplishment and progression out of my game.

80 levels is more than enough.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Tharomir.6985

Tharomir.6985

I almost feel like they should lower the cap for the current content, and if they add an expansion pack increase that cap.

It was a terrible design choice to make the cap at 80 when you plateau at 30. That results in 50 empty levels even though every designer knows that players want to be rewarded as they progress.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I almost hope they do it. Months, over a year ago even, I said that if they ever raised the cap I would instantaneously delete this mess from my computer. GW1 didn’t need a level cap increase, this game certainly didn’t need a cap of 80, and it sure as hell doesn’t need an increase.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I hope they absolutely never raise the level cap. If I wanted that type of game, I’d just go play WoW, which seems to always be raising it’s cap. (last time I played it was 80, whats it at now?)

I enjoyed GW1 partly because once I got to 20, I knew I wouldn’t have to deal with that. I also knew that once I got the few armor sets I wanted, that that was it for stats. I am hoping they do much the same in GW2. No more stat increases. No level increases.

I’m all for new content though.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Raising the level cap without content to go along with it is utterly pointless..

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Highly unlikely.

The closest thing they could do is “epic levels” like in D&D. Extra leveling up for profession specializations without increasing effective levels. So being level 100 would actually be level 80 + 20 specialized levels, and max gear level would stay level 80.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Please no. That would be the point where I leave the game.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

It would only be the level number raising, I doubt very much they would want to increase stats any more within the game. It would require way too much rebalancing of the game. So I would say Logically the answer would be: No!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

The only reason people want more levels is for the bigger number. GW1 was a shining example of you don’t need a large level number for the game to work.

I vote for a level squish. 20 Seems about right for cap.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Cyvien.8049

Cyvien.8049

Let say, if Anet is going to raise the level cap to 90, the following would happen:
- zone expansion to accommodate level 80-90 game play
- introduce level 90 gears and that includes tier 7 mats for crafting level 90 gears

That will not happen until expansion of the game happen. Anet probably wouldn’t do it until the majority of the population got their full ascended.

I’m a scholar, thus I don’t take stance.

Will level cap raise?

Shen Slayer.3058

And all the players in-game I know love the idea of a level increase. Let’s get some thing straight here, the people here constitute a very very very small minority of players.

Anet, please don’t listen to a handful of players. Keeping it the same is keeping the status quo, the game needs a change, either level increase or content.

Will level cap raise?

Morsus.5106

And all the players in-game I know love the idea of a level increase. Let’s get some thing straight here, the people here constitute a very very very small minority of players.

Anet, please don’t listen to a handful of players. Keeping it the same is keeping the status quo, the game needs a change, either level increase or content.

All of the players I know in game hate the idea. Anet, please don’t listen to one player.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

If that ever happens, it will be the day i will log of. No brainless level grind please (and gear grind, because it will destroy the worth of all the gear etc.). There are already to many asian grinders out there (and the well named game i shall not call its name).
But i dont think that will happen. Who brings in the cash? Not the grinders, but the people who combine gaming with a thing called life.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Quote from Mike O’Brien

“we’ve always expected that we will someday raise the level cap in GW2”

Will level cap raise?

Morsus.5106

Quote from Mike O’Brien

Someday, I will leave GW2.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: SeuRafinha.5924

SeuRafinha.5924

Please no. That would be the point where I leave the game. (2)

Will level cap raise?

Shen Slayer.3058

All of the players I know in game hate the idea. Anet, please don’t listen to one player.

And who should they listen to? The people that demand all these changes, then when Anet does make it happen…those same people turn around and criticize for making the change they requested.

If I was Anet, the forum people is the last place I would take advise from, please make an in-game poll for players. They’ll see the majority differs from the few on this site that “claims” they representing the majority.

Will level cap raise?

Morsus.5106

And who should they listen to? The people that demand all these changes, then when Anet does make it happen…those same people turn around and criticize for making the change they requested.

If I was Anet, the forum people are the last I would take advise from, please make an in-game poll for players. They’ll see the majority differs from the few on this site that “claims” they representing the majority.

…I just want to point out that you claimed to represent the majority. You don’t. Afaik the first Guild Wars never included a level cap change, and still had players playing.

Will level cap raise?

Shen Slayer.3058

If I was Anet, the forum people are the last I would take advise from, please make an in-game poll for players. They’ll see the majority differs from the few on this site that “claims” they representing the majority.

…I just want to point out that you claimed to represent the majority. You don’t. Afaik the first Guild Wars never included a level cap change, and still had players playing.

I didn’t claim it, all these people that don’t want a level increase claims to rep the whole. I’m here to say that they don’t, and the people that I do talk to in-game all wants a level increase.

And to those that say they will leave…I call BS, that what they always say when they don’t get their way, like a child, but they always end up staying.

Will level cap raise?

Morsus.5106

And all the players in-game I know love the idea of a level increase.

the majority differs from the few on this site that “claims” they representing the majority.

You claim to know what the people want, and then say people on the forums don’t know what the people want. Make up your mind lol.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Raising the level cap usually means gear treadmill. Since they got into enough trouble with ascended, probably not.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

So you think adding more levels will retain players? I doubt it. Especially with the sheer cost of ascended crafting.

I know it’d pretty much be the end for me. They’d need to put out some amazing content to justify a level cap increase.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

Quote from Mike O’Brien

Someday, I will leave GW2.

Yeah pretty much. I’m already irritated by the “NGE” with this feature patch. Raising the level cap would essentially turn this game into a real treadmill game

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I don’t understand this, what do you think that a level cap increase will actually achieve? How do you think it will change the status quo? Imagine in the morning they increase the level cap to 100. So everyone will have to level up to, lets say, level 100 and then get exotic gear? And then what?

We’re all right back where we are now, apart from the people with level 80 ascended items.

How would anything be different just because we’re at level 100?

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

I don’t understand this, what do you think that a level cap increase will actually achieve? How do you think it will change the status quo? Imagine in the morning they increase the level cap to 100. So everyone will have to level up to, lets say, level 100 and then get exotic gear? And then what?

We’re all right back where we are now, apart from the people with level 80 ascended items.

How would anything be different just because we’re at level 100?

“But… it goes to 11!”
—Spinal Tap

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Raising the level cap usually means gear treadmill. Since they got into enough trouble with ascended, probably not.

Pretty much, but it wouldn’t add a new tier of armor. Instead, it will require new armor in the level 80-90 for each tier (including potentially Ascended armor) which will create an artificial treadmill for players to get level 90 equivalents of their equipment. The only way to avoid this would be to rebalance all armors for the new max level, automatically making all current level 80 gear into level 90 gear, then adding more armors to fill in the gaps.

A lot more work than simply sticking to horizontal progression. Add more content at different level ranges including level 80 and expand horizontally. Add more variety at each level instead.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Anet doesn’t need to raise the level of your characters just raise the level of new content. I don’t think raising levels is viable, heck look at the new WoW expansion they are offering a scroll that instantly raises you to 90 so you can enjoy the new content.
When you think of all the unnecessary programming that would have to go along with a new cap you’ll see just how much of a waste it is and how that time could be better spent adding skills and classes and new bloody lands.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m sure they will, someday. The fact is that ANet has been very inconsistent in their apparent goals for this game, to the point that a lot of us have decided that they don’t have any real long term plans to follow.

It’s only a matter of time before “let’s raise the level cap” becomes the next move on Guild Wars 2’s slow march to becoming World of Guildwarcraft 2. I’m not saying it like that to be mean, just bluntly honest. They’re measuring themselves against other games, including World of Warcraft. With NCSoft and Nexon pulling the “make more money” chain, I’m sure a level cap increase is inevitable.

What I hope they do is to keep the real level cap at 80, then introduce some kind of secondary levels, perhaps as a secondary class. Telling someone “Your level 80 elementalist is no longer max level. Go gain more levels and then re-earn all your gear” is bad. Telling them “Your level 80 elementalist can now gain some levels as a ranger, and you’ll have the option of equipping medium armor and a long bow, if you care to gain the levels and earn the gear” is a LOT better from a player satisfaction point of view.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Quote from Mike O’Brien

Fortunately, since that time they seem to have realized it’s not something the majority of players want or possibly even is willing to overlook. the same with gear progression, which got stopped after ascended tier resulted in heavily negative reactions.

So no, hopefully they are no longer planning to do anything like that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

What’s the point of raising levl cap. Level is nothing more than a mere number. Suppose that you now have reached the new level cap, then what? more new level cap? Or perhaps you mean you want your natural stats to be increased? That can cause some turmoil in pve balancing.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

To be fair, Ascended was poorly introduced and even obtaining materials was unbalanced.

Also, I’m one of those that doesn’t care wether they add more levels or not, what I do care is they left us dry of content for 2-3 months of pure nothingness and that current content is not very challenging.

Edit: I did what anyone would do, stop logging in and play something else. Hopefully tomorrow’s content will be interesting.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

Raising the level cap would do absolutely nothing, but give more work for anet. Because they would have to then raise the level of any lvl 80 dungeons/boss/mobs/areas. If they were to raise the level cap, they would have to introduce completely new content to compensate for the raise. Such as higher level fractals, higher level areas to explore. A new dragon, so before theyre going to do that, theyre most likely going to release new content before they raise the level cap.

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

It would be the day I quit. It’s one thing to add an absurdly overpriced stat-progression gear tier. It’s another thing entirely to make every set of said gear pointless by then raising the level cap – punishing altoholics even more.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

No. Thank. You.

Raising the level cap just to raise it is pointless. There is nothing that anyone can’t do at level 90 or level 200 that they can’t do at level 80, besides get over that meaningless level hurdle.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

The only purpose level cap increase would serve in this game would be artificial longevity. The day that happens, I’m gone for good. Increasing the level cap would be un-content, the exact opposite from what the focus should be.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: AngryCat.4825

AngryCat.4825

Please no. That would be the point where I leave the game.

I must decline to improve on this statement.

Koia
Fort Aspenwood
“Oil down.” “Mortar down.” “Stupid arrow cart.”

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Quote from Mike O’Brien

Fortunately, since that time they seem to have realized it’s not something the majority of players want or possibly even is willing to overlook. the same with gear progression, which got stopped after ascended tier resulted in heavily negative reactions.

So no, hopefully they are no longer planning to do anything like that.

I think that quote is from the time before Ascended, which explains a lot. If exotic gear was still the best in-game, raising the level cap wouldn’t be a big deal and wouldn’t kitten people off as badly.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve been making a set of ascended weapons for all the 8 chars I play. I’ve been working on this since they put ascended gear in the game. I’m still not done and it has cost literally hundreds of golds. If they raise the level cap and make this worthless I’d be really kittened about it.

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

if this was any other mmo and involved all the wonderful things that make mmo’s great, yeah i’d say raise the level cap.. but this is gw2, so no

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Will level cap raise?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Another voice crying in the wilderness. The game needs new stuff to do. This does not have to come with a level cap increase. All a level cap increase would do is make people re-do all their max level gear, and make down-leveling even more OP than it already is.

And all the people I talk to in-game don’t want a level cap increase. See what I did there?