Will not touch game for a long time.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Decided I was going to go for legendary GS for my tank. Started farming pent/shelt event in Orr (most efficient way i know) for money to fund the sword. The farm was going great, lots of rare drop to sell and each gold coin I made I felt closer to my goal; until Nov 15. update. BOOM!!, rare drop now become porous bone and lots of it. I don’t know if this was intentional or a bug, but now something that I calculated was going to take me about 6 months to get, has now been extended by 3x if not longer. nty anet nty, I’m a 8 to 4 guy, and only got about 2hr a day to play. FYI everyone in my guild has stop playing the game a month ago, but I told myself its going to be great, and I think its great! but if you going to make it so that it require people to put more time into it, I bit you farewell - Loyal fan of GW1, 6 years.

Let the flame begin!!

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

But it’s character progression not grinding! That little tid bit of knowledge makes it all OK. I have decided to start calling my dog a cat. I’ve always wanted a cat.

Posted by: LeoXearo.3641

LeoXearo.3641

Character progression in this game sucks.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Deleted by me for being off topic.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Just as with every other person, if every time someone thought an update nerfed drops, no one would be getting anything.

I’m sorry you had some bad luck. I’m also sorry that that’s all it takes for you to decide a game isn’t worth it.

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Its not bad luck on my part. I have confirm this fact with other player in game who notice the same thing so it isnt just me. After completing. 602 renowned heart and all that other map relate achievement i wouldnt say thats all it took. It was already hard enought making money in game. This new patch just made it harder. I dont feel like grinding for long hour with little result. Oh well thats just me. Have fun to all those who still enjoy the game or believe they still enjoy the game.

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

I agree they ruined drop rates. Hopefully it is a bug… in patch it says nothing about lowering the overall rates – only increasing at certain stuff.

I’m a farmer with almost 1000 hours played and i know people same as me we all agree the drop rates are ridicliously low – not only rares but everything really..you get lots of empty mobs now so be sure it is not just you being unlucky

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Tifa, what was your nick in GW?

Posted by: Cutterslaine.2689

Cutterslaine.2689

Drop rates definitely reduced from today.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Drop rates in this game are absolute garbage, I make most money from selling the garbage bags, whatever they are called (In Orr).

Orr is the definition of what gamers think of as absolute torture, never once have I been to Orr and thought – FUN!

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Yeh there was nothing mention in the patch notes. If anything they say more rare and exotic drops. Certainly don’t feel that way.

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Tifa, what was your nick in GW?

Lenneth Valkyrie

Posted by: Flysofar.3182

Flysofar.3182

i notice drop rate decrese also
so now i don’t know where to farm

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

I think that I’m going to have to take some time off to reflect – if I come back to the game or not.. only time will tell.. Will probably be gone a week to a month – if I come back at all..

Posted by: EpIc.6139

EpIc.6139

The drop rate was supposed to increase according to patch. Instead it decreased by an enormous amount. Nothing has been said about it.
I was going for my legendary, but this is way to much. I feel like I need to take a break from the game as well if not just out of pure frustration.
I love guild wars and the lore. I don’t mind a grind for gear mmo or a grind for looks mmo. MMO’s will have grinding you do not have to but they will have it period.
Guild Wars 1 had a lot of grinding in it thats a fact. Obsidian you had to devote a crazy amount of time to get. More so before the expansions. As well as others canthan and luxon 15k. I played from day 1 of guild wars 1 release and loved it.
On to the economy of guild wars 2! Punishing the players it seems is the way your handling things.
Bots come in the game you put DR in it. It does absolutely nothing to the bots as seen on the TP and more evident after the wide bot bans when prices went crazy for T6 mats.
One thing on DR take it out. There is absolutely no reason unless your wanting to keep casual players from making gold so they lean more towards buying gems to exchange for gold. If thats the case then simply say DR is apart of the game deal with it of course in nicer words for PR purposes.
Drop rates where fine pre patch. The only thing that needed changing was a buff to Magic find. I read a post on massively I believe on how Magic find worked and the system seemed good. If people aren’t getting enough exotics or rares to level out the prices it’s simple boost Magic Find in those higher tiers. That is the whole reason Magic Find is in the game is it not? For players who want to take a stat loss to boost their chances to make gold or get that rare exotic they’ve been wanting ex: legendary.
Taking DR out will allow players to go to said area where said material drops and farm them for w/e means they want them. Whether it be to craft their 80 exotic gear or that mid tier item they’ve been wanting.
That will help stabilize the market more than anything. Actual supply and demand not a oh hey i want this i geuss i’ll go farm it oh no 20-30 mins later DR hit i’m not getting that item anymore or any drops. I better go to this zone and keep farming items so I can make enough silver to sustain myself. This is where you get a million of said item on TP that won’t sell. Not including holiday events(candy corn).
All that said i’ve read from john smith i believe the market isn’t being manipulated. It is and these things I believe is what allows it. I’m one of the ones that manipulates it to flip a little gold. Maybe it isn’t considered manipulation by others but I believe it is. You manipulate buy orders and sell order to create a far inflated or ghost price on an item. It works best during peak WvW times as the majority of the I geuss more hard core players aren’t watching the TP to effect it. The causual player comes a long just see’s a buy order and sell order has no historical knowledge of what that item was 10 mins or days ago so he just sells to it. There are several videos on how to do this as well as podcast that show it. Tales Of Tyria being one of them its in a past episode if others want to know how to do it.
Sorry for the long post guys.. I’ve been reading the forums everyday and holding back frustration and judgement but I finally had to say something. It was killing me seeing a game I love be what seems torn apart.
While my ideas may need tweaking or other may have different opinions I believe they are steps in the right direction. I also believe others have very good opinions and should be heard. Even if they are exact opposite of mine its how we as people get better and make things better!

Anet take a slice of humble pie!!! Relax a bit think about everything don’t be in such a rush pushing all this new content. Fix the content is there. I promise you you do that and players will be happy those happy players will gossip bring more happy players the players who drop in hey whats changed will see happy players and come back to a happy game. So much happy in that sentence its scary :P lol!

And for gods sake you got pro PvPers/Farmers/Dungeon Grinders right at your finger tips to use an excuse like only 2 man balance team is a cop out. Sit down with the top pvpers or equivalent have a talk with them how to fix things make things better etc. It’s free and I promise they won’t bite if they do well then you got other problems lol.

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

But it’s character progression not grinding! That little tid bit of knowledge makes it all OK. I have decided to start calling my dog a cat. I’ve always wanted a cat.

Made me laugh, thank you. This is exactly my feeling. All grinding activities (which are pretty much the only things you can do at level 80) have been called other names (gear treadmill = item progression) or labeled as optional (such as the “you don’t need to farm gold unless you want cosmetics” cliche) by ArenaNet with some players being quick to believe them and attacking anyone who didn’t.

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.

Posted by: mangoskin.4852

mangoskin.4852

I also feel like the drop rate got worse. Before the patch, I used to get 2-5 rares an hour farming at Cursed Shore. I did Cursed Shore events for about 5 hours today (spread out through the day just in case of DR), and only 1 rare dropped for me. I got nothing special from veterans or champions. I’m trying to save up for Tier 3 armor, and this is tough!

Posted by: Hellmood.2097

Hellmood.2097

Two words: Official Goldselling.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

now something that I calculated was going to take me about 6 months to get, has now been extended by 3x if not longer.

Did you remember to take into account the time you would spend grinding the Fractal Dungeon for Ascended gear ?

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They nerfed it so you would get out of Orr and go play in the new dungeon instead….

Well ok probably the same guy that messed up the dye drop rates at it again. Seriously, they already added DR, made Plinx into like a 30 min event, didn’t need to nerf the drops too, Orr will turn into a ghost town now.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Gauradan.8361

Two words: Official Goldselling.

Obviously. How would they sell gems if gold were easy to come by?

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Couldn’t agree with the OP more. Been kicking kitten in Orr and getting tons of drops and I felt it was time well spent.

November 15th hit and its been nothing but porous bone fest since. I have the same setup, buffs and food pre patch. So dont tell me its bad luck.

Why in the world would a MMO company destroy farming we as players want or nerf drop rates Is beyond me.

If you dont like farming dont do it. I love farming for that chance my MF will drop that awesome item. I play for loot and coin. To me thats progress snd someday all my farming that I chose to do would give me a legendary.

Me and OP have the same issue. I work third shift 10 hour days and the weekend. I dont have hours on end to dump into the game.

I enjoyed logging on for a few hours a day and magic finding.

So thanks again ti Anet for taking away what I enjoy. Amazing.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Mil.3562

Mil.3562

Did this patch buff mob attack too? Seems like my hp is going down twice as fast after this patch. Thank you Anet.

Posted by: Mira.4071

Mira.4071

Maybe you should stop trying to grind Orr for 6 months straight and check out the fun stuff that was added to the game instead. Dungeons have much better loot, Fractals are a great challenge with great rewards, and all 55+ zones drop max level items.

Yet you’re sitting in Cursed Shore trying to do Shelter/Penintent for the trillionth time, tagging as many monsters as possible in a brainless zerg for hours on end and all for what? A shiny weapon skin? Wouldn’t you rather… play the game? Have fun, make friends, do dungeons, explore the world?

I honestly cannot get behind the mentality it takes to actually want to sit at the same 2 events and do them hundreds of times a day every day for 6 months. It’s unhealthy and I am glad that ArenaNet is taking measures to prevent that kind of play (and to provide alternatives).

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

They want people out of orr and into the dungeons. They are doing that in order to satisfy 2 types of players, those who like dungeons and those who like easy farming, with 1 blow.

Posted by: Evil Geek.6904

Evil Geek.6904

Maybe you should stop trying to grind Orr for 6 months straight and check out the fun stuff that was added to the game instead. Dungeons have much better loot, Fractals are a great challenge with great rewards, and all 55+ zones drop max level items.

Yet you’re sitting in Cursed Shore trying to do Shelter/Penintent for the trillionth time, tagging as many monsters as possible in a brainless zerg for hours on end and all for what? A shiny weapon skin? Wouldn’t you rather… play the game? Have fun, make friends, do dungeons, explore the world?

I honestly cannot get behind the mentality it takes to actually want to sit at the same 2 events and do them hundreds of times a day every day for 6 months. It’s unhealthy and I am glad that ArenaNet is taking measures to prevent that kind of play (and to provide alternatives).

If people wanted to grind the same spots what is the problem when it doesn’t effect you? Taking away options instead of adding them is not the best way to go about it, give people other things to do that provide the same risk vs reward. I’m hoping that this is a bug and not another example of making content redundant.

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Nice one. Yeah that’s exactly how it feels like.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: Lazarus.1083

Lazarus.1083

I think the idea being that “if” you want the skin for cosmetic reasons you may run the same content over the span of hours/weeks/months to achieve your goal (gold, mats, etc.) that is “your/their/our” choice and not obligatory to improve your character just personal preference. The implementation of “Improved gear” make this a requirement and no longer a personal cosmetic choice it also makes it a grind of a specific area chosen by the devs not the players.

If drop rates were lowered in other areas to force the populous to play the new content or dungeon run for item drops, that wouldn’t be ethical at all. Agreed that high level drops do happen in other areas and seeing other areas is a nice change of pace at any level but not everyone plays the same.

Exploration, making friends is an awesome idea ,I think ,maybe nobody thought of that before?
As for running dungeons……Do you mean running the same dungeon(fractals)for hundreds of hours to get ascended items, just because they decided to make things better (see fun) for everyone (more grindy) ???

Dungeon running isn’t everyone’s idea of fun, especially with the new (requirements) I’ve been seeing when peeps put up requests, no at level players, know the content, no this/that or the other professions.
I feel like I’m playing one of those OTHER games that a few of my friends played while I watched them and read the game chat. This is (was) supposed to be different from all the rest.. so far with current changes it’s become more like those others

I can’t run the same content over and over again just for rewards that I will need in the future so I get the other rewards coming, I did that else where got bored and quit (DDO). I like this game, I’m hoping things will change for the better. If it becomes more of a required grind fest to remain viable at 80 I’ll be playing less and probably play more alts to 80 if I do play, I’m glad that the game has no sub and I won’t be losing any more money, I got my money’s worth (almost) in the past month’s.

Fun (Anet definition) = Obligatory running of same content to get max item stats to stay competitive and be able to run higher level content with those who decide you must have max stats to be viable.

Grindy/ Grinding = Fun character progression to improve upon your gaming experience a byproduct of the “fun” element in this game

Posted by: Lifelike.5862

Lifelike.5862

I hope you didn’t bother gathering, crafting, leveling, doing any event quests or anything at all in this game, because all of that could be considered grinding.

Better just make a lv 1 character and take them to HoTM and stay there forever doing PVP. Oh wait, that’s also grinding, because you’re just fighting other players again and again for points.

Better just make a lv 1 character and put them in Lion’s arch and do nothing, forever.

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

Hope they fix this or at least say it is intended :/ They reply every silly thread and not this.

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Ah, I knew I wasn’t alone. I farm veterans and I’ve haven’t been getting any luck compared to before patch.

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Did this patch buff mob attack too? Seems like my hp is going down twice as fast after this patch. Thank you Anet.

Agreed on that. Died multiple time at pent. Never had that before.

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Just as with every other person, if every time someone thought an update nerfed drops, no one would be getting anything.

I’m sorry you had some bad luck.

I used to get a couple of powerful blood drops a day. I haven’t seen a single one over the past week. Most high-level crafting materials have increased in price at the TP by 600% in the last week. Did everyone suddenly get “unlucky” ?

Please do some basic research before accusing people of just whining.

Drops rates for several materials have changed. Whether this was a bug or deliberate (to make people buy more gold at the gem exchange?) I have no idea, but there has clearly been a change.

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: Krighton.2138

Krighton.2138

LOL.. BEST POST EVER. I guess I have a dog now. I hate dogs.

Posted by: Eddie Van Grog.7095

Eddie Van Grog.7095

Ahhhh… bye!?
It is sickening the amount of threads like this!!!
“I don’t have my goldies and shinies… I want them!!! And I want everything to be easy and for me to have it all!”

Look, I played GW1 for 6 years and never managed to have enough money to buy an obsidian armor! AND??? Are we all imature spoiled brats here? Yes, as you say… Let the flaming begin!

Because with all this pointless threads, this game will not improve!!!

Posted by: mordred.4610

mordred.4610

if you played for 6 yrs and never had enough money,then you are bad and should feel bad.

it makes your opinion on gameplay invalid as you obviously don’t understand game mechanics very well.

But by all means,return to sticking your head back in the sandpile and going LALALALA everything is awesome.

Posted by: Merthax.5172

Merthax.5172

Ahhhh… bye!?
“I don’t have my goldies and shinies… I want them!!! And I want everything to be easy and for me to have it all!”

Look, I played GW1 for 6 years and never managed to have enough money to buy an obsidian armor! AND??? Are we all imature spoiled brats here? Yes, as you say… Let the flaming begin!

False comparison. Obsidian armor didn’t give you a performance/stat upgrade over basic max lvl armor. It was a choice for cosmetics, prestige, and (IIRC) Hall of Monuments.

I don’t think ANYONE on here is complaining about things like that.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

With the latest patch Anet made sure of this. Game isn’t gonna improve. Period. Has nothing to do with number of these or those threads.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

my problems with MF started a month ago. so far nothing has ever dropped for my engi accept twice in a month and a half.

I’ve requested they look into it. I’ve requested they give a public statement on why they suddenly changed it I’ve asked them if it’s DR. I’ve yet to receive a single response to my questions.

There’s definitely something wrong. And now, it looks like it will be easier to get the dungeon crawling stuff they swore to us they would never add. BAM lied to the public in their manifesto.

We deserve an explanation for both.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ahhhh… bye!?

Actually it will (well, as Anet is smart I guess). Not just ‘some whiners’ are whining. They hit there core playerbase. I played GW1 six years, and played gw2 from day 1. But this update just.. Sucks!

They don’t want to make geindy games, and what do they do? They put in uterly grinding-needy weapons which have higher stats.
They still didn’t fixed alot of bugs in my class, about 4 traits still broken, and 2 weaponskills are buged (engineer has 12 weaponskills).

What on earthe are they doing?!

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Farmers are so sad. C’mon guys it’s a game! Go farm RL for real $$, it’s a lot more profitable! I’m sure your time would be much better invested in business ventures or in the financial market.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Orr is the definition of what gamers think of as absolute torture, never once have I been to Orr and thought – FUN!

So many things in this game needs to be fixed, and Orr should be no.1 on that list.

The other part is fun gear. Blizzard has proved with D3 that numbers on gear isn’t fun either. Who wants to look at their numbers go up. Sure, your tiers need to improve, but on top of that it’s the other things on your gear that should make it interesting.
I think ANet still needs to learn that.

Posted by: DegoLocc.5976

DegoLocc.5976

Can I have your stuff?

Gauradan.8361

Farmers are so sad. C’mon guys it’s a game! Go farm RL for real $$, it’s a lot more profitable! I’m sure your time would be much better invested in business ventures or in the financial market.

They probably can’t even get off the chair in front of their computer in real life. The only way they can get any sense of achievement is by having a bigger integer attached to their virtual character.

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Ahhhh… bye!?

FYI GW1 for 6 year I have 8 char and each one with FOW armor + 14 stack of ectos in storage, but thats not the point. The point is that I’ve support the game for that long, it was a great thing. And yes I do buy in game costume with real money to support arenanet. What they are doing now with this hidden nerf and the new content update, well all the posted thread speaks for themself.