Will pay real $ for inventory manager

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Anet,

If you want some quick cash, you don’t need to make an expansion or design some sparkly outfit of glider skin, just give me a way to put my inventory on autopilot. I am the kind of player who doesn’t care enough about skins or shinies to ever buy gems to make gem store purchases, but I do regularly spend gems on quality of life items. An inventory manager would be a huge improvement in that regard, and I would be willing to pay quite a bit for it.

I love gw2 and have been playing it pretty much exclusively since launch, but the one thing I think would really improve my experience is a way to manage my inventory with minimal attention. Let’s face it, 99% of the loot I pick up in wvw or pve or whatever is not worth a second glance. It’s either a crafting mat which goes straight to my collections, or a piece of junk white, blue or green gear which gets salvaged without a second thought. Once salvaged, all the mats get whisked away to my collections too. For 5 minutes every hour in wvw or at the completion of a HoT zone meta event, I open my bags and mindlessly salvage and sell, open loot bags, etc. It’s boring and annoying at the best of times. At the worst of times, like when that “unable to pick up X” message pops up in the middle of a fight, it is downright frustrating.

Here’s my suggestion. Sell us a little golem dude who sits in our bags and performs any and all inventory management functions we decide to give him. I would want him to AT LEAST perform the following things:

1) Automatically send any looted mats to collections.
2) Automatically salvage looted gear with my choice of salvage kit. I would want him to be customizable in that I could adjust settings to salvage white gear with X salvage kits, blues with Y kits, or just salvage everything with a salvage-o-matic if I prefer.
3) Automatically sell junk as soon as I interact with a merchant (has anyone EVER not sold junk immediately?)
4) Automatically sell green runes and sigils left over from all that auto-salvaging. This would have to be a toggle as I’m sure lots of people love to gamble them away in the MF.
5) Automatically buy harvesting tools (picks and axes) from merchants if my inventory of said tools falls below a specific number of stacks AND equip those tools when I run out.
6) Automatically use luck

I’m sure others can think of other features they would love to see in an inventory manager, but these are main things on my wish list. I have asked members of my guild about their thoughts on this and most were quite enthusiastic. I am sure it would be a big hit in the gem store.

Sincerely,
Osu

P.S. I have never played that clicking game that shares my name, so STOP bringing it up.

Osu

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Since HoT release I have considered something similar. Something to auto-salvage-sell-away all the junk I gather up in HoT maps. I would pay gems for that.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

1) Automatically send any looted mats to collections.

This is a QoL that should be done without your golem idea.

2) Automatically salvage looted gear with my choice of salvage kit. I would want him to be customizable in that I could adjust settings to salvage white gear with X salvage kits, blues with Y kits, or just salvage everything with a salvage-o-matic if I prefer.

The logic is clear, but the time required to program and test this would be far more than you think. Also, it would increase the number of support tickets they already have because people will invariably misuse it.

3) Automatically sell junk as soon as I interact with a merchant (has anyone EVER not sold junk immediately?)

This is a QoL that could be done without your golem idea.

4) Automatically sell green runes and sigils left over from all that auto-salvaging. This would have to be a toggle as I’m sure lots of people love to gamble them away in the MF.

I’d prefer they put a tick box users can check to “opt in” within the F11 panel to determine whether or not to consider the lowest level runes/sigils/crests as Junk. This would go quite well with your 3rd suggestion above.

5) Automatically buy harvesting tools (picks and axes) from merchants if my inventory of said tools falls below a specific number of stacks AND equip those tools when I run out.

The logic is clear, but the time required to program and test this would be far more than you think. Also, there isn’t any ROI for Anet. It takes virtually no time to maintain these tools.

6) Automatically use luck

I’d prefer they put a tick box users can check to “opt in” within the F11 panel to determine whether or not this function is active. I’m specifically thinking about individuals that are either already at 300% and/or those that are using luck for crafting.

TLDR: I don’t want a game that plays for me. However, you have some interesting QoL ideas, but they need refining.

Edits: formatting and grammar

(edited by SonOfJacob.7396)

Posted by: LordSaa.8357

LordSaa.8357

Sounds more like a bot while reading some of a parts of what it should be doing and it would give ’’unfair’’ advantage againts them who doesnt buy it/have it.
..also violate ANET own rules about third party programmings etc… in my mind.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

It ain’t third party programming if Anet releases it.

There’s already ‘unfair’ advantages in the gem store. TP and bank summons. extra bag slots and the collection expander.

At this point, most players would happily spend money on a permanent solution to these issues. Even though Anet designed them specifically to keep us busy with drudgery.

Posted by: LordSaa.8357

LordSaa.8357

It ain’t third party programming if Anet releases it.

There’s already ‘unfair’ advantages in the gem store. TP and bank summons. extra bag slots and the collection expander.

At this point, most players would happily spend money on a permanent solution to these issues. Even though Anet designed them specifically to keep us busy with drudgery.

Those summons doesnt still do autom. ‘’a things’’ for you unlike mentioned in this topic. What comes to a bag slots yeah you could farm longer thats it unlike having this kind of a thing in your inventory to do ‘’things for you’’ without stop a gameplay. Its a differend in my mind.
Well this is my problem with ANET as i see they request a stuff but cannot hold a rules themselves if they let a item like these in a gem store for avaitable. Bad reputation for sure. Yep also its a decision of ANET but as a customer i have a rights to see have get a excatly a game excample what they are advertise with they rules and how content is playable as they do release and advertise it. These kind of a games are already wich are called pay to win games if things like those will be able to bough from a store with a real money wich would give ’’unfair’’ advantages over a others etc…

(edited by LordSaa.8357)