Will player housing ever be implemented?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brando.7904

Brando.7904

I don’t know about you guy, but I’ve always been a sucker for personal housing in MMOs. Being GW2 is such a casual game, I’m greatly surprised that they haven’t added any feature of the sort.

There’s a few ways it could work. LotRO style, where they have instanced neighborhoods with about 30+ houses or so, giving you the opportunity to buy houses next to guildies/friends/etc. OR just singular instanced homes.

Key Features:

- Bosses in dungeons drop “trophies” that you can display in your house to show your accomplishment. This will give you more incentive to run dungeons.

- Unlock furniture/paintings/misc. through completing achievements.

- Put up holiday/event specific items in the BLTC (Mad King Thorn replica, Christmas Tree, SAB sofa). Profit for Anet.

- World bosses drop “pelts” that you can take to a taxidermist to display in your house.

- Garden where you can spawn ore, crops, food, etc.

- More storage.

- Display your armor sets.

The list could go on really. It is a daunting feature to add, but I would have hoped that one year into the game we would have at least some word.

Your thoughts?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

We have our private instances, and we get stuff for there, it is a start.

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Its something I believe players would really get a kick out of, and something that would allow the developers to add meaningful loot to enemies/bosses and to add something we might actually want from the gem shop. It’s a win for everyone.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Posted by: Brando.7904

Brando.7904

Yeah, but when I think of housing, I think of total customization.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Yeah, but when I think of housing, I think of total customization.

It’s been discussed many times before. No one knows what the devs will do.
All you can do is post it in the suggestions forum where they move all discussions like this. If enough players ask, you never know.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

We have personal home instances, and judging by the ‘trophies’ in the story pane, I’m guessing there were a lot more plans for our ‘homes’. Sadly, they got cut from the game.

I’d rather have personal home instances than Living Story (read: Scarlet) though. Which is why I’m so happy with the nodes and the Omnomberry Masters. It’s not much, but at least it’s something.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

… Key Features:

- Put up holiday/event specific items in the BLTC (Mad King Thorn replica, Christmas Tree, SAB sofa). Profit for Anet.
….

.. and all our minis.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

2018 probably and by then every MMO on the market will have it, the big difference here is ours will be “super duper different than other MMO player housing” which means 10x less features.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I believe the player housing idea became the home instance.

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

I’ve still holding out hope that they’ll implement some form of personal housing, although I’m not too thrilled about the idea of being stuck in our home instance. On my human character the Salma district is nice, but I’d much rather have a more forested area for a home instance.

I always thought the fractals of the mist created a good enough way to implement some form of instanced housing with some way backing up why. Just have Dessa figure out a way to create personal instances to an area of our choosing to create a home in.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I honestly have never gotten the point of or want for player housing in any MMO. It seems like an RP’er only thing due to how useless they always are compared with the rest of the game world.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

In many of the dev interviews this question has been ask and the answer has been at some point in time we will get personal housing but no date has been set for it.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Lunaire.5827

Lunaire.5827

Even though the rest of the game was pretty terrible, I really loved the player housing system in Runescape and think it would be awesome and great fun if they could do something similar in guild wars.