Will there EVER be....

Will there EVER be....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

…more options to Character Customization added?

Yes I know its’s another thread on this, but we never get any aswer.

With GW1’s expansions there were a lot added in this sector for every expansion. Here, nothing.

I really would like to get some new horns for my charr and the ability to choose among some colors on my horns. Some new fur patterns would also be really nice. Also a ton of more colors could be added to hair acsessories as it is hard to create a good match with the tiny pool of colors there is today.

This would be especially nice since Charr often are neglected when it comes to armors with clipping and stretching issues (like ALL the new medium armours added in HoT) and the lack of ability to get gender specific armor.

I guess other races would apriciate this too. Asuras share many problems with charr. Asuras would probably like more ear options and body patterns, maybe ears with piercings and jewelery.
Sylvari would probably want more glow colors or pulsating pattenrs in witch the glow.
Norn’s would probably want more beard and tattoo options.
And Humans would probably be happy for some more beard optiosn too, maybe faces with piercings, and tattoos on the body, maybe with a different style compared to norn.

What customizations options would YOU like to have for YOUR race??

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Christina.7926

Christina.7926

This is a song I will never stop singing.

I’m tired of having boy-band male humans and crappy customization options, but nothing will be done.

Bump fixing the Monk Outfit?

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

I’ve mentioned in another similar thread the I’d love the option to have a long bushy beard for my Asura. It’d be really cool if my lil Asuran necro looked like grandpa Smurf.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Gonna start a firestorm here but..
Option for upright stance on Charr.
/smokebomb

Not to say I’m a proponent/opponent either way, but some players have asked for it in the past.

That aside: More custom colors for head accessories!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

/smokebomb

Not to say I’m a proponent/opponent either way, but some players have asked for it in the past.

This, please.
All my charr are gonna have awful back problems.

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

/smokebomb

Was so looking forward to the stance selection being added on GW2’s release. Didn’t happen for some reason. Barely play my Charr now.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Just NO for uppright charr… Enough with cat-heads-slapped-onto-a-human body in other games already. And besides, only flamelegion shamans walked upright.

Just my opinion.

Kima & Co

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

If we can’t get sittable chairs , I don’t think any new animations are going to be happening on such a large scale.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’d also love more body types available for humanoids, in addition to the things you already mentioned in the OP.

The accessory color options are probably one of the more baffling things I’ve encountered in this game, though.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

…more options to Character Customization added?

Yes I know its’s another thread on this, but we never get any aswer.

With GW1’s expansions there were a lot added in this sector for every expansion. Here, nothing.

I really would like to get some new horns for my charr and the ability to choose among some colors on my horns. Some new fur patterns would also be really nice. Also a ton of more colors could be added to hair acsessories as it is hard to create a good match with the tiny pool of colors there is today.

This would be especially nice since Charr often are neglected when it comes to armors with clipping and stretching issues (like ALL the new medium armours added in HoT) and the lack of ability to get gender specific armor.

I guess other races would apriciate this too. Asuras share many problems with charr. Asuras would probably like more ear options and body patterns, maybe ears with piercings and jewelery.
Sylvari would probably want more glow colors or pulsating pattenrs in witch the glow.
Norn’s would probably want more beard and tattoo options.
And Humans would probably be happy for some more beard optiosn too, maybe faces with piercings, and tattoos on the body, maybe with a different style compared to norn.

What customizations options would YOU like to have for YOUR race??

i’d like some medium armors for Female Asura that AREN’T TRENCHCOATS.

i’m not asking for underboob human or skimpy crap.

i’m asking for something that either DOESNT have a trenchcoat.

or, if it DOES have a trenchcoat. make it so its back is unique. not a flat fat piece of cloth.

and in other news, can i have a tail for my asura (could be a back piece)
cause i’m a furry ^^

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

sadly no. this development team has proven they can’t develop very much in a year and a half. hoping for improvements much less new content from this group is a pipe dream.

they will milk holiday events (possibly new hat or something small) but they are incapable of developing qol improvements/armor skins/new content in a timely fashion (or even an untimely fashion).

what little we got with hot is all they have. nothing else in the pipeline. dev team is prob split (5% trying to fix hot bugs, 50% designing systems to impoverish players -john smith’s team, and 45% working on next expansion to be delivered in next year and a half or so).

edit-john smith’s team is actually probably split itself…20% player impoverishment and 30% gem store outfits.

(edited by Selkirk.4218)

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Just NO for uppright charr… Enough with cat-heads-slapped-onto-a-human body in other games already. And besides, only flamelegion shamans walked upright.

Just my opinion.

Lol agreed. If I wan’t that I’ll play a khajiit in Skyrim.

But yes, more charr horns please. Elk, deer, ram inspired designs would be indescribably awesome.

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Just my opinion.

You being against it will never matter since it’s already a part of the lore and exist in GW1. Anet simply didn’t wanna waste time/money/manpower adding both types of Charr to GW2 since Charr aren’t as popular as the other races. But one reason they aren’t is because of the neglect so it’s an endless cycle of sadness. More neglect is on the way with the new Bandit Sniper costume that isn’t tweaked for Charr, unless they fix it now. The feet being impaled with knives shall disappoint.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

I agree with all of you. (Including tails backpack, but not just for Asura please )
I can’t deny I was expecting at least a new set of faces and hair per each gender and race, coming with the expansion. Nothing felt really like a slap on the face. I still keep hoping for a big characters creation rework, one day…

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

I’m still waiting for an option to have Charr characters not hold rifles like sticks, and either hold them like:
http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/special-reaction-team/swat-usmc.jpg
or if they can’t be bothered, at least like this:
http://www.firstlegionltd.com/images/products/detail/RUSSTAL008_1.jpg
(Notice how he’s holding the gun at the front of the receiver, where the centre of gravity is. Not the rear like the Charr currently do)

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

sadly no. this development team has proven they can’t develop very much in a year and a half. hoping for improvements much less new content from this group is a pipe dream.

they will milk holiday events (possibly new hat or something small) but they are incapable of developing qol improvements/armor skins/new content in a timely fashion (or even an untimely fashion).

what little we got with hot is all they have. nothing else in the pipeline. dev team is prob split (5% trying to fix hot bugs, 50% designing systems to impoverish players -john smith’s team, and 45% working on next expansion to be delivered in next year and a half or so).

edit-john smith’s team is actually probably split itself…20% player impoverishment and 30% gem store outfits.

And the playerbase has proven they haven’t a clue how much work went into the zones that were delivered with HoT which are far more complex than any other zone in the game. Just the addition of gliding itself was huge. But you know, underestimating what’s delivered is what a part of this playerbase does.

Because they ignore stuff like camera changes and combat mode and other QoL things. They ignore the adventure. They ignore zone complexity. They ignore the redesign of Lion’s Arch.

Apparently if it’s not a dungeon, it’s ignored by some people. New borderedlands. Edge of the Mists. New PvP type…ignored.

Changes to the trait system, major changes at that….ignored. New commander tag UI system and new raids. Yes, we’ve gotten nothing. There aren’t more than a dozen adventures in the new areas. There aren’t boss fights. There aren’t meta events. Of course not.

Honestly I don’t think you have a clue how long programming takes.

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

As an effort in designer vanity (albeit limited even as that) hot still fails…none of their ideas have any appeal. But as an expansion to the core game (which is very good) hot is surely exposed as a thin reed…a corner cutting cheap to the bone flop.
And it is widely recognized as just that.

I dont say these things to be mean (although i am saddened by how tiny and pathetic hot is) i say them because this is the honest state of things.

The talent just isn’t there to make any meaningful additions to the game. Could you imagine colin and this dev team adding a new race to the game? How long would it take? This team is stuck..they have nothing else. 4 tiny jumping puzzles (with textures and creatures reused on each ‘map’).

I would sincerely love if colin and his team proved me wrong-if they had numerous armor skins…new content…a new race on the horizon. But they have nothing. You can carry water for them but i won’t.

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Paralux.6714

Paralux.6714

I agree with you so much regarding charr customization. I would especially like some new horns to be introduced. There are only one or two nice horns for female charr. I don’t really see why not some of the male ones can be choices for females also(?)

I don’t agree with the “upright” stance on charr. It would take away the charm. They’re supposed to be beastlike “mutations”. I do not want too cute anime charrs with humanlike bodies aka girls with cat ears like in some asian MMOs (ok, I may be over-interpreting this, but I just don’t like the idea.)

I also don’t understand why some people want gender specific armor for them. The new outfits for female charr that were made into “female” ones because people complained about the lack of feminine armor for them look absolutely AWFUL. Charr looks best in neutral armor and the sad fact is that “manly” armor/outfits generally look more neutral (to me at least.) I mean, just look at the variations for the other races. Especially norn/human/sylvari. The female armor is as it seems in 80% the cases not made to look good but to SHOW more. Most ironic is the whispers light pants/skirt. Because they look exactly the same for male and female EXCEPT that the men get to have pants underneath the skirt while women are bare. Why not just include two choices instead?

For human female/norn female some long hair without any accessories would be nice. I love the curly long hair with bangs that’s available for human female. Some similar choice with more symmetrical bangs and no diadem would be an awesome add. Also some sort of curly hair ponytail option. Ohhh and a hairbun for humans. Preferably the bun would be placed on top of the head OR a ponytail where the “tail” is on top of the head. That’s cute.

Another thing that would be awesome is if hair were visible under helmets/hats.

m e s m e r <3

(edited by Paralux.6714)

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

More beards and non-european facial bone structures and hairstyles for humans please.

We have clearly established that humans have largely gravitated to the “melting pot” of modern kryta, yet there are very few canthan facial designs, and no elonian ones at all, not to mention the only elonian hairstyles are “afro” and “well if you squint a little maybe these braids and buzzcuts”

It’s especially disappointing considering how extremely well they handled elonian faces and hair in nightfall. There was an amazing and beautiful diversity of african facial structure and hair textures there.

I mean all the other races have these wild options like tattoos, horns, glowy bits, cool ears, guess I just assumed what was to be unique about humans was how diverse just their faces are coming from such varied cultural and ethnic backgrounds. In stead we got MMO standard white people with a few asian faces and some sliders and skin tones thrown in so you can try and fake it because anet was too lazy to build real options.

You built a whole race of plant people. You couldn’t design a few believable black people?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: SpaceCowKing.4658

SpaceCowKing.4658

I would like more fat, beer-belly character models.

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I would like more fat, beer-belly character models.

Same.

I wanna roleplay myself.

Will there EVER be....

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

pretty please to any and all of the above with tons of sweet bean buns piled on top. I was totally expecting some new customization with HoT and am very sad we got nothing at all. My sylvari dervish . . . I mean revenant, still can’t find the right look for channeling her legends and I am running out of style kits trying. >.<

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .