Will there be more Elite-Specs in HoT?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nyel.1843

Nyel.1843

The title say it all:

Will there be more Elite-Specs in HoT? Did ANet tell us something about that topic?

Elite-Specs are fun but not that special or surprising, as I thought. So, more to come in HoT?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Well no, that would be a huge undertaking to add another set so soon. Expect more, but at the earliest for the next expac in a few years time

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Early on when they announced elite specs they said they would be adding more and that they WONT only be released in expansions

Pluss im pretty sure during the twitchcon live streams on of the devs said their goal was to have at least 3 elite specs for each class in total BEFORE the next expansion

Nyel.1843

Pluss im pretty sure during the twitchcon live streams on of the devs said their goal was to have at least 3 elite specs for each class in total BEFORE the next expansion

Oh, that sounds great.

Imho I think HoT is not going to last for 2 years. The whole topic is of the expansion is not that big to fill 2 years of story content.

I really would love to see new Elite specs in a reasonable amount of time.

Posted by: Herschie.6380

Herschie.6380

Yeah I’m sure they will come out with the Living Story at some point. Or another feature pack

Midian Wright [Guardian]
[Maki]
Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Yeah, they basically said that all the new systems (masteries, elite specs, raid wings, guild decorations/features, new fractals) are intended to be paced out in live updates just like LS episodes and new maps, and the ability to do that was a big part of why they built all these new systems, so that it was easier to add progression and content at a more rapid pace within that framework.

Expect this stuff to operate on the model that HoT has established, basically, as HoT is their “foundation” release for how they want to expand the game from here on out. Less meta rewards, more collections, more map currencies, more masteries, more hero challenges, more elite specs, more episodes with challenge achievements, etc.

Elite specs, specifically, were built the way they are so that they’re easier to develop and balance, since each one doesn’t have to account for all previous elite specs in terms of making sure they’re all balanced since they can’t stack. That was the big problem they had in the GW1 model. Each skill added made it progressively harder to balance new skills because the number of interactions increased. Elite specs have a flat number of interactions, since they only ever interact with the core specs.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I HOPE they add a set of new Elite Specs every 6 months.
I EXPECT them to add a set of new Elite Specs every year.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Nyel.1843

Lets hope that will happen.