Will there ever be an achieve/title for...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Q:

Those that may own either all of the Legendaries or all of the Fractal weapons? To me these two things would probably be the hardest to achieve in this game aside from some of the ludicrous WvW ones and yet there is no reward for them

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

Maybe they’ll do this with the next set of legendary weapons, since they’ll have to be crafted instead of possibly bought. If I had the coin, I might buy one, so far I’ve only been able to make a now-flatulent Howler >.<
Which I guess is what I get for using the Mystic Toilet so much.
Anyway, having all the legendary items is kind of a big deal, my vote for the title: I Am Legend. (Would have to have the armor too)

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

You have a huge collection of awesome skins? The skins are the reward for putting in the effort, why would you need something more than that?

And I was told Howler had its own sounds so didn’t suffer the same malady as the rest?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Maybe? But isn’t the reward of having all of the legendaries simply…having all the legendaries? If they add anything, they would add a title akin to GWAMM with no AP attached.

I can see them adding a collection achieve for the fractal weapons though for sure. Especially since getting specific fractal weapons will be possible with the HoT update.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I’m pretty sure there will be a fractal weapon collection. But with the new system, it won’t be that hard to get all skins. For legendary, I don’t know. It would be nice, even if I doudt i’ll do it lol. I’m crazy, but not that crazy.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

You have a huge collection of awesome skins? The skins are the reward for putting in the effort, why would you need something more than that?

And I was told Howler had its own sounds so didn’t suffer the same malady as the rest?

Howler has the wet fart sound of normal warhorn with the added bonus of a very silent wolf howl making it even worse than normal warhorns.

I’m pretty sure there will be a fractal weapon collection. But with the new system, it won’t be that hard to get all skins. For legendary, I don’t know. It would be nice, even if I doudt i’ll do it lol. I’m crazy, but not that crazy.

The fractal weapon collection already exists but it is bugged and doesn’t work for 99.99% of the people who have every skin.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

99% sure there’s a fractal weapon achievement incoming. Some accounts can already view it!

As for the legendary weapons, I’m sure that the precursor hunts will have attached achievements.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I would like to see a title for crafting all of the Ambrite weapons before I’d want to see one for having all legendaries. Ambrite weapons require you to spend time playing specific content, hour upon hour. It’s one of the only collections I felt proud to complete because it can’t be bought.

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

He wants a title for having one of every legendary and yet I’ve been here three years and haven’t even come across a single precursor yet #Tyriaproblems

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I would like to see a title for crafting all of the Ambrite weapons before I’d want to see one for having all legendaries. Ambrite weapons require you to spend time playing specific content, hour upon hour. It’s one of the only collections I felt proud to complete because it can’t be bought.

One can easily finish the Ambrite collection with just 1 visit to a t6 dry top. I completed my collection by doing dry top reward track in pvp while grinding champion titles and only times I went to DT was for recipes.

And besides Ambrite collection already rewards with an ascended armor chest which is worth over 200g if you pick a light chestpiece whereas fractal weapons don’t even have a functioning collection

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I dont see titles as rewards, but as a form of recognition. Like the nobel prize is not just a bunch of money, but a symbol of the respect earned through hard work.

In this case, having all the legendaries is not just about having a bunch of items, but about being able to do something to the last consequences. “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts”.

I think titles should be also given for a bunch of things people actually do that go unnoticed. Like doing all the jumping puzzles, or connecting to the game daily without exception for a long time, or eating all the types of food disponible in the game, or using every ambiental bundle… etc.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Solomon Darkfury.3729

I ask because I saw someone with the title “Twice Told Legend” (One I had completely forgotten about as it is quite rare) and I thought to myself, this person got 25 ap and a title for making two of one legendary… seems like a much smaller achievement than all the Legendaries or Fractal skins…

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I ask because I saw someone with the title “Twice Told Legend” (One I had completely forgotten about as it is quite rare) and I thought to myself, this person got 25 ap and a title for making two of one legendary… seems like a much smaller achievement than all the Legendaries or Fractal skins…

That was to stop all the complaining about they made 2 legendaries before the wardrobe. Had they known they could have made something else. I still find that title annoying as heck as if someone MADE them create two identical weapons.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

That was to stop all the complaining about they made 2 legendaries before the wardrobe. Had they known they could have made something else. I still find that title annoying as heck as if someone MADE them create two identical weapons.

I know why it was done… I’ve played since launch… My point is if they get AP and a title then so should those who have all legendaries or fractal skins bc those are significantly harder achievements.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Those that may own either all of the Legendaries or all of the Fractal weapons? To me these two things would probably be the hardest to achieve in this game aside from some of the ludicrous WvW ones and yet there is no reward for them

Seems pointless to me. I can see a collection for either, but really, with the game populace majority being antagonized over never getting a single precursor, adding further rewards to those that have the resources is just salt in the wound.

Posted by: StrangerDanger.3496

StrangerDanger.3496

Pointless for some, but motivation for others.

Certainly something I don’t see myself ever doing, but I don’t see the harm in adding titles for people who have, and it might give others motives to get the last few items ect.

How much effort does it take Anet to put a new title in? Would be an easy way to add some content for endgamers I guess…so why not?

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

we can note that you dont have a life with your skins and kitten , you dont need a title

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

That’s a massive undertaking. Seems worthy of a title IMO. Sure why not.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

I don’t think there should be tbh, maybe an achievement for havin all gear on a toon ascended, and then when it’s possible one for having all gear on a toon legendary.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

I don’t think there should be tbh, maybe an achievement for havin all gear on a toon ascended, and then when it’s possible one for having all gear on a toon legendary.

There is an achieve and title for having crafted all ascended gear as part of collections.

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

there are not title for slayers… mainly giant slayer

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

One can easily finish the Ambrite collection with just 1 visit to a t6 dry top. I completed my collection by doing dry top reward track in pvp while grinding champion titles and only times I went to DT was for recipes.

And besides Ambrite collection already rewards with an ascended armor chest which is worth over 200g if you pick a light chestpiece whereas fractal weapons don’t even have a functioning collection

You must have done loads of pvp because although completing one track does reward a fossil, you do not get enough geodes to craft a weapon. I alternated between pvp and going to Dry Top.

Ascended armor piece reward or not, I’d rather have a ‘buggy’ title.

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Probably not, since people get offended by such things these days.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Fractal weapons wont be rare anymore since you can buy them with pristine relics with HoT.

Anet make Rev great again.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Fractal weapons wont be rare anymore since you can buy them with pristine relics with HoT.

Yeah but isn’t it supposed to be a ridiculous amount for one?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

+1 give us a title for owning all Legendary Weapons

It’s something to work towards. Who doesn’t like extra incentives?

The same could be asked in regards to completing a massive collection – would you like to be rewarded with a title or not? I am sure a title would be appreciated at the least, better than nothing for what we currently have no titles for:

- unlocking all dyes
- owning all legendary weapons
- owning all colors of ascended weapons
- ecto gambling merchant (Mystic Forge Conduit thing)
- different stages/levels of titles for WvW related content
- Spirit Smith Back Piece achievement should come with a title
- having X amount of ‘Siege Commander Spoon’ as well for something fun, gimmicky to work towards

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Most people I know have an insane amount saved up since once you have 2 rings (which you’ll probably get as drops anyways) there’s nothing worth using your relics on.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

One thing to remember, back then if you wanted matching weapons such as 2 axes that matched or the same weapon skin on two different chars, you had to get the same weapon twice because of the way the transmutation system was set up. So they went to all the cost and trouble to get 2 Legendaries to get matching weapons or another char to also have that weapon and then all that work was duplicated by anyone with only one weapon.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

There will be most likely a title for the fractal collection and it will be worth nothing at all.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Most people I know have an insane amount saved up since once you have 2 rings (which you’ll probably get as drops anyways) there’s nothing worth using your relics on.

Unless you made a fractal backpack

Solomon Darkfury.3729

One thing to remember, back then if you wanted matching weapons such as 2 axes that matched or the same weapon skin on two different chars, you had to get the same weapon twice because of the way the transmutation system was set up. So they went to all the cost and trouble to get 2 Legendaries to get matching weapons or another char to also have that weapon and then all that work was duplicated by anyone with only one weapon.

And I get why that was done but does that make having all legendaries or fractal weps any less of an achievement?

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Fractal Backpacks use normal relics, not pristine.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

I know that but given can convert to regulars and rings drop like candy… it accelerates getting the backpack substantially

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

you can create a character with name “I have all Legendaries”. Or find one with similar names.

Good luck!

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

At least they wont be RNG anymore if you get the one you want or not…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I know that but given can convert to regulars and rings drop like candy… it accelerates getting the backpack substantially

Even still. Most people who frequently do fractals have a ton of relics saved up even if they bought 1 or more backpacks. I’ve bought 2, 1 for my mesmer and 1 for my thief, I still have over 100 saved up.

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

+1 for a title for owning all legendary items.

Maybe ’Legendary Lunatic’ or ’Legendary Victim Walking Amongst Mere Mortals’?

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

there are not title for slayers… mainly giant slayer

Giant Slayer should totally have a title, simply “Jack”
Now that would be a cool title.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon