Will there ever be player vehicles?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fipmip.7219

Fipmip.7219

Im talking about ships, airships, carts, etc. not sure how many time this topic has come up before, but the thing about guild wars for me is that wherever you go, the whole overworld is this menagerie of bosses, puzzles, dungeons, monsters, quests, etc etc. Everything you’d expect to find in an MMO. And that’s fine.

For me though, this new expansion looks to be bringing more of that. My question is, will guild wars ever bring something that that completely branches off from what we’ve come to expect from it? I’ve always wanted to see more than the on-foot/mounted combat going from attraction to attraction that guild wars revolves around, and see something that can really add on to this solid foundation.

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Maybe in a vehicle world in the likes of super adventure box…

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Well, there’s aerial combat in BF, so who knows? One day we might see mounts with weapons… dinosaur mounts… with lasers.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

We’ve had golems for 5 years. They are technically vehicles. Also Charr cars for 2 years.

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

cant wait to fly a spitfire

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

I’d like to drive the Deathstar. One day, I will…

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Im talking about ships, airships, carts, etc. not sure how many time this topic has come up before, but the thing about guild wars for me is that wherever you go, the whole overworld is this menagerie of bosses, puzzles, dungeons, monsters, quests, etc etc. Everything you’d expect to find in an MMO. And that’s fine.

A few vehicles are already in the game.

And for the rest: Wait for expansion 3 “RoD” (Race of Dragons) where vehicles will be the next big way of travelling in Cantha.

(edited by Zok.4956)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

A few vehicles are already in the game.

And for the rest: Wait for expansion 3 “RoD” (Race of Dragons) where vehicles will be the next big way of travelling in Cantha.

We’ll be piloting teams of giant golems, fighting bubble’s enormous mutant minions as they rampage through Cantha’s coastal cities.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Submarines. Because the next dragon war will take place… under the sea! Cue snorks song.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

^ Are you just going from thread to thread today being a wet blanket? Why bother? People are having fun suggesting ideas. If you have one, bring it.

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

They’ve already used this mechanic with a few items and I absolutely can’t stand any of them. They’re too different from normal toon play. If they were more fluid like your toon it would be alright, but most are painfully slow to react and control. This is the reason I never use the golum suit elite for asura.

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

Purchase Breachmaker from Gemstore. Own pocket raptors. Nuff said.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Posted by: Fipmip.7219

Fipmip.7219

I should be more clear: I’m talking about controllable moving platforms we can stand on. I’ve never been satisfied with having these cool looking airships just being an explanation as to why you teleported from one zone to another. I’d like to stand on one as it moves around, and partake in the teamwork based combat of platform-to-platform warfare.
Of course, the problem i see with this is that with guild wars being what it is, the instanced zones would limit the movement. I’m thinking that in a future expansion there could be one or more massive open area zones that allow for this kind of gameplay.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I should be more clear: I’m talking about controllable moving platforms we can stand on. I’ve never been satisfied with having these cool looking airships just being an explanation as to why you teleported from one zone to another. I’d like to stand on one as it moves around, and partake in the teamwork based combat of platform-to-platform warfare.
Of course, the problem i see with this is that with guild wars being what it is, the instanced zones would limit the movement. I’m thinking that in a future expansion there could be one or more massive open area zones that allow for this kind of gameplay.

WvW

Who wouldn’t like to stand on the deck of an airship, barraging a hilltop fort into rubble? Or air-ship to air-ship combat, players leaping from deck to deck or pushing each other off the sides? Sigh. Maybe in a future expansion… Guild Wars 2: Black Flag.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

awesome, now that mounts are confirmed, ppl are jumping on the next “I want this for no reason” train.

how bout they fix some things before adding anymore useless gadgets?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE