Will these PC specs support ultra settings?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rytsarev.3198

Rytsarev.3198

I just purchased guild wars 2 on sale for 30 bucks and i was curious to whether or not the pc i’m going to buy could support high-ultra settings. can someone help me out? here are the specs.

HP 17.3" Pavilion 17-e049wm Laptop PC:
Silver 17-e049wm HP Pavilion 17.3" Laptop with AMD Elite Quad-Core A10-5750M Accelerated Processor Key Features and Benefits:

AMD Elite Quad-Core A10-5750M accelerated processor
3.50GHz, 4MB L2 Cache
8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
750GB SATA hard drive
Store 500,000 photos, 214,000 songs or 395 hours of HD video and more on the HP Pavilion Laptop PC with Windows 8 Operating System
10/100Base-T Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your Silver 17-e049wm HP Pavilion 17.3" Laptop with AMD Elite Quad-Core A10-5750M Accelerated Processor
17.3" HD+ BrightView LED-backlit display
AMD Radeon HD 8650G Discrete-Class Graphics with up to 4206MB total graphics memory

Posted by: Rytsarev.3198

Rytsarev.3198

Because i’m new to the forums please pm me with the answer. or on here and i’ll eventually find my way back to this.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

GW2 doesn’t play nicely with AMD processors.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Works fine with my AMD stuff. Mine isn’t a laptop though.
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black 3.2ghz +
8gb ram
1gb AMD Radeon HD 5800 graphics

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

The CPU he listed won’t even come close to a 1090T. It has a higher clock rate, but its bogged down by modern “features” and has less cores. I can’t say that the game runs spectacularly on my 1100 T, in fact I can’t even say that it runs great.

This game is way too CPU dependant in comparison to other games, it barely touches the GPU even on the highest possible settings, so you’re better off with Intel. Their processors can auto-overclock by over 2-3x as much as the AMD ones.

If you compare my SO’s Core i7 @ 1.75Ghz to my Phenom II X6 1100 T BE 3.3GHz, she gets about the same frame rate despite having a worse graphics card. The Intel processors just seem far more efficient at a given clock rate, the Turbo mode kicks in more often (its less finicky), and the boost is far greater.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Short answer, no. While it is a “high end” mobile APU (combo CPU + GPU) from AMD, it’s overall performance is somewhat middling. It’ll play the game and as long as you run it at medium to high (but not ultra) settings and don’t expect much above 30 fps in the world and less in cities and dense player conditions, the usual caveats.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Arenion.9603

Arenion.9603

No,gw 2 depends on single threaded performance (i think it only supports 1 or 2 cores,kinda ironic since the game is heavily CPU dependant),so intel is in a much better position(ex. a 8350 and an i5 4670k are normally quite equal in games,but in Gw 2,the system with the 8350 would run much worse).If you plan on playing gw 2 for most of the time i’d recommend that you get a laptop with an i7.

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

The other question to ask… what OS are you running? I am still questioning whether Guild Wars 2 even plays on Windows 8 or not due to the new features that OS has when it comes to it’s games software.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

Posted by: The Master.2893

The Master.2893

The other question to ask… what OS are you running? I am still questioning whether Guild Wars 2 even plays on Windows 8 or not due to the new features that OS has when it comes to it’s games software.

The post indicates Windows 8 if you read it… its hidden no doubt.

And for the record… Windows 8 is the “Future of Awesome!” Works just fine: In fact I built my computer at Windows 8 release for the purpose of playing GW2 and is most epic.

Indeed it is so…

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

so the game does work with Windows 8? Is Guild Wars 2 in the Windows 8 App Store, or do you have to use the install disk or something?

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, if ultra settings are possible with an AMD rig, then it’s only with a really beastly one. I have an 8320 overclocked and the game runs decently at high.

If you want to see serious performance, go with an intel system of i5 or greater.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I just wanted to point out to the op that playing the game on Ultra settings is a crapshoot.

The game is so poorly optimized that having the best setup money can buy does not guarantee the performance.

my current setup is a beast

I5 2500k @ 4.6ghz
16gigs DDR3 XMP Memory
Z77 motherboard
Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Nivida GTX 770 4gig

Them are pretty beastly specs and my computer still lags like crazy in Lions Arch. This is because the optimization in the game is so poor. That’s why you will see people who say the game runs fine on there lower end system while others will say it runs terrible on there high end system.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

On my nVidia system, the game plays flawlessly and in practice, gives me a frame rate of double (or more) I was getting under windows 7, pre-upgrade.

I’m using a dual GTX 770 4GB cards with an i7 at 4.325GHz.