Will they ever fix "Giver's" armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Currently Giver’s Armor in game gives 1% boon duration instead of a proper equivalent of X expertise when compared to the new sets. Each piece giving 15 expertise? Really? No. An oversight to be sure… ?

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Currently Giver’s Armor in game gives 1% boon duration instead of a proper equivalent of X expertise when compared to the new sets. Each piece giving 15 expertise? Really? No. An oversight to be sure… ?

Things like that require a combination of management competence and resources that Anet is clearly struggling with.

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

Considering we are likely going to be waiting 3 months for them to fix the “bug” where they removed the multiple fractal key purchase option I would count on them getting to this sometime in 2116.

Seriously though there are tons of stuff like this, celestial armor saying it’s stats to “all” which is no longer true. They obviously didn’t want to take the development resources to fix these issues when they were introduced so I would assume that won’t change in the future.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I was hoping it’d be changed when Expertise was added to the game. When it wasn’t, I was then hoping it’d be changed at Wintersday.

With both of those milestones come and gone, I’m not expecting it to ever be fixed any more. It’ll remain a crap stat combination for all time.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Giver’s armor would have concentration not expertise.
Giver’s weapon would have expertise.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Well, since the stats have been rebalanced they should just do concentration for both the weapon and armor and create a new set for expertise.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Okay, okay, that’s true … but still!

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Bit late to reply to this, but I’m going to explain why this won’t happen. Basically, they cannot update non-HoT content with HoT statistics. Unfortunately, as unfair as it may be, the Giver’s and Celestial sets were in widespread use before HoT. Afterall, Giver’s was the only way to get boon duration on your gear outside of runes and doubloons. This means they can’t “backport” the new stats onto the old sets because they are not HoT gear, and it would give core game players access to those stats, which is something that they seem to’ve gone to great lengths to avoid.

There is another minor issue, boon duration and condition duration are not the same as concentration and expertise. The former give a fixed bonus that is not affected by downscaling, while the later are affected by downscaling.

Giver’s would be more powerful than the new stats in maps below level 80.

My personal wish would be for them to re-introduce these two sets as HoT content but crafted entirely from separate components. This way we could have for example true Celestial all-stat gear with concentration and expertise added, but those wearing the classic Celestial gear from the core game would be unaffected.

For Giver’s, the downscaling issue could be mitigated by taking the average.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)