Will we be able to explore all of the map?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kururu.8140

Kururu.8140

Probably a stupid question because I think GW1 covered some areas GW2 didn’t.

But… will we ever be able to discover the over parts of the map?

What about these Elder dragons Primordus and the Deep sea dragon? Have they not been awakened yet?

GW3? Expansions like HoT?

(edited by Kururu.8140)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

maybe

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

GW2 as it stands, literally “Lives and dies by its community”, so the short answer is: we will get to see the whole world and beyond if the playerbase is steady (and growing, for we’ll have a pretty kitten large map to fill out with group metas), but won’t even get to see all the dragons if population dies out instead.

What was done in GW1 was that, after population started to diminish, they made it so we could take allied NPCs around with us to do all of the content by ourselves if we wished to. The way GW2 works, I don’t see it happening. could Dragon’s Stand be done with a single person and NPCs? And, more importantly, would it even feel like the same content? GW1 certainly did feel the same with NPCs or players, minus the fun dialogues and versality of builds.

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Soon* trademark pending by Evon Gnashblade

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

GW3? Expansions like HoT?

I hope not!!!!!!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

What about these Elder dragons Primordus and the Deep sea dragon? Have they not been awakened yet?

Primordus was the first to awaken, back in 1120 AE (The year is now 1329 AE). The Deep Sea Dragon is somewhere in the Undending Ocean.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

GW1 didn’t cover all of the areas implied by its maps; I don’t expect GW2 to cover them all either. There’s just too much acreage (hectarage?) to cover and too few resources.

Plus, there’s possibly as much demand to push into new areas as there are to cover the implied spaces.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’d love the game to go back the all of the maps from GW1. There are places I would love to see with GW2 graphics. I don’t think we ever will though.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

What was done in GW1 was that, after population started to diminish, they made it so we could take allied NPCs around with us to do all of the content by ourselves if we wished to.

I believe GW1 was made from bottom up to be played in parties. Each class had a specific role they were good at. Henchmen were there from the start too.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

GW1 did cover some areas that aren’t in GW2 yet, but equally GW2 covers some areas that were never in GW1. There’s various maps available online that compare the two.

My hope is that eventually we’ll be able to re-visit all of the GW1 locations, and more. I’d love to be able to fully explore all of Tyria. But it depends a lot on how long the game lasts.

As for the other dragons both Primordius and the DSD are awake (Primordius was actually the first), but they’re the furthest from us – deep under ground fighting the remaining dwarves and far out in the ocean fighting Gods only know what lives there, things stranger than the karka apparently.

GW2 as it stands, literally “Lives and dies by its community”, so the short answer is: we will get to see the whole world and beyond if the playerbase is steady (and growing, for we’ll have a pretty kitten large map to fill out with group metas), but won’t even get to see all the dragons if population dies out instead.

What was done in GW1 was that, after population started to diminish, they made it so we could take allied NPCs around with us to do all of the content by ourselves if we wished to. The way GW2 works, I don’t see it happening. could Dragon’s Stand be done with a single person and NPCs? And, more importantly, would it even feel like the same content? GW1 certainly did feel the same with NPCs or players, minus the fun dialogues and versality of builds.

Actually the option to take allied NPC henchmen was in GW1 right from the start, and the option to take heroes (same idea, but you could customise their skills) was added with Nightfall when the game was still going strong.

I’m sure some people said it was dying when that feature was announced and that’s why they did it. I’m equally sure some people said it was dying when Nightfall was first announced, and Factions and every major update before and after because that’s how some people react to absolutely everything a developer does.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”