Will we ever get something worthwhile added?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rampage.6489

Rampage.6489

Im fairly new to this game (couple of months) but I got this game because I heard it was free after purchase and we would get updates on a regular basis keeping the game alive etc.

All I noticed some far are horrible storylines for living world and too much stuff for maxed out people, I know its an old game and they have to add new stuff to do for people who did everything but it should be more 50/50, 50% new stuff for maxed players and 50% new content even for people who joined a week ago.

By the time I ever get to the new stuff nobody will be playing it anymore since they’ll be in some kind of new gimmick zone for that living story (I really hated a couple of areas in the living story as well, and besides level design the writing was really weak as well)

So what I wanted to ask was: will we ever get new races / classes / areas without gimmicks / improved WvWvW / new well written story content etc etc?

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Even if we are getting anything, they won’t tell you. Its their policy.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

Why don’t you first finish exploring/playing the whole map and then start complaining that you want new stuff?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

For people who joined a week ago, it’s all new content.

Posted by: Rampage.6489

Rampage.6489

I dont want new stuff, I want good stuff…
Quality > Quantity for me anyways

The question might seem a bit dumb and trollish but Im really on the fence if I should invest time in this game after hating my first lvl 80 I wouldnt mind restarting if the future had some improvements for this game.

As it stands new every new update just makes the game worse (in my opinion of course)
I still need to grind for inventory space etc etc so dont think Im complaining about not enough stuff to do, there is plenty but that is all old content. What I see added doesnt excite me at all.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

one 80 I remember those days my little asura ranger, now all I got left is my sylvari engineer to get to 80 and Im in the minority it seems

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Good thread title and final words, but poorly articulated middle. With megaservers and level scaling this is the last game to have “nobody at lower level maps” problem. That’s part of why gw2 could get away with last two years lacking new professions and serious expansions of PvE maps.

But that said it’s been two years and while dry top and silverwastes are nice, this is too slow. I mean look at FFXIV and their content updates. That’s how you get the job done.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Your thread doesn’t make sense. You are new player but you are complaining that there is no content? you just started but you want new professions and races? you are rather new but you want new areas?

While the complaints make sense, the context doesn’t.. including you being a new player and complaining about lack of content. The game has enough for you to explore for hundreds of hours. If you can’t do that when having a game that you haven’t explored yet, then you probably need to forget about the game and move on, cause it is not for you.