Will we ever see more "ethnic" hair options?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I see there are a couple that exist for male humans and other races, but there are virtually none for human females.

Attachments:

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

noun, plural ethnicities.
1. an ethnic group; a social group that shares a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like:

you mean black. also dreadlocks, frizzy hair, curly hair, posy craziness etc are not racially exclusive

(edited by poisonality.8972)

Lambent.6375

/shrug, that’s why I put it in quotes, knew someone would probably bring that up, lol.

Human females don’t have access to dreadlocks, orhair of that type from what I see.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Eh, more options are more options. I wouldn’t mind seeing some of the stuff from Factions and Nightfall (the latter would cater to this particular thread quite well).

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

2mainstream for too much ethnicity.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

Because they don’t exist in this universe maybe?

Most of the hair styles exist because it has to do with the races in game cultures. I don’t see why people want everything in the real world pushed into the game world event though it doesn’t exist there.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Most of the hair styles exist because it has to do with the races in game cultures. I don’t see why people want everything in the real world pushed into the game world event though it doesn’t exist there.

EDIT: also I’d pay gems to have a sassy afro on my female elonian mesmer

Attachments:

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

/shrug, that’s why I put it in quotes, knew someone would probably bring that up, lol.

Human females don’t have access to dreadlocks, orhair of that type from what I see.

hehe I was mostly just givin ya hell, but yeah more options for character customization period are ALWAYS nice.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

But it does exist in this games.universe, check gw1.

Posted by: Mustbeghosts.7043

Mustbeghosts.7043

Yes, natural hairstyles would be awesome!

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

Most of the Humans in game are of either Ascalonian or Krytan decent. So mostly mid to more northern Europe for the Ascalonians and more Spanish or Greek looking for Krytans. Most of the more “ethnic” as you call them hair styles and what not were not introduced into Guild Wars 1 until Nightfall which is very obviously a mixture of African and Arab for the most part. I have no issue with them adding hairstyles that fit that more but to me at least lore wise it makes more sense to me to have more European hair styles since majority of the humans are from Kryta and Ascalon.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

This ^^

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Plenty of real world stuff has already been pushed into the game. The OP is just asking for this real world stuff to be pushed in, too. And we already have afros, so it’s clear that non-straight hair exists in the universe. But only men get afros, and there are only a couple other options for non-straight hair for either gender.

And yeah, some Krytans had hairstyles that are now not available to humans (though maybe this just reflects the fact that so few Krytan npcs look like Krytans from gw1? and that’s a whole different conversation).

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: Mustbeghosts.7043

Mustbeghosts.7043

Kormir exists in the game. She is one of the human gods so I think it’s safe to say natural black hair is part of the culture. Not to mention the Ossan Quarter of DR.

Lambent.6375

Some have mentioned this already but..

1. forms of this hair already exist in game, the options are just fairly limited.

2. I don’t see why they wouldn’t exist in the Gw2 universe, if some of the player characters are Elonian descendants.