Will we ever see the Queensdale Docks?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hofulu.7325

Hofulu.7325

In a recent WoodenPotatos video, we were shown a version of the Queensdale Map from beta. WP scrolls up to Divinity’s Reach to click on a waypoint, and we see something there that isn’t there now: an entire water district, similar to the Imperial city one in oblivion, or the city of Riften in Skyrim.

I’m curious as to why the area was scrapped out before release?

The video, skip to 11:15 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Wn4wAOZmQ

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Thanks for the link.
Watching the video was fun.

Fire Water Air
FA

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Dang I miss that login screen, why did they even change that? Also I had no idea about this area, and I played during beta. Perhaps I just don’t remember.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I never played the beta so I never understood why it happened. But assuming Anet plans on getting back to it at some point, it would be smashing Divinity’s Reach through a disaster of some sort and rebuilding it from the ground up a la Lion’s Arch.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Dang I miss that login screen, why did they even change that?

They did something when they changed how the game loads, for I think security purposes? It’s been a while. I’m sure a red name may come in and clarify it in an hour or two.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Since the video says 4 Years Ago, I’m guessing that was from before beta, which is why we would not have seen it.

Sure were a lot of graphical map changes. The Hearts, the Waypoints, etc. I seem to barely remember some of those things, but maybe it was just from videos we watched way back when.

Thanks for the link. =)

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I would buy all the lore books about the enemies in the world in a heartbeat. bring those back, anet!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I would buy all the lore books about the enemies in the world in a heartbeat. bring those back, anet!

I would love them to return. Why did those go away? Seriously. What was the biggest factor in the decision, time to really proof over them or just trying to pare down content so it could be ready for release time?

Please realize this sort of item? Could be extraordinary for people to work on who like to find stuff out about the world, even for all the people who would sneer and go “oh look, more grindy to fill a collection box”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The location/lore loading screens, the lore books….

Wow, would have loved to have those around.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Nice watch, thanks. Kinda sad, most of those features are decent ones, especially attribute one, the fact that you needed to explore to unlock skills and lore ones, like manual books and loading screens. Too bad all this was scrapped.