Will we need to salvage asc armor/weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

From today blogpost:
“salvaging each type of item, like gloves or weapons, will yield different results, but all will provide a chance at the new ball of dark energy salvage item that will be used for crafting new legendary items in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns and beyond. Salvaging ascended rings will also grant players stabilizing matrices, a necessary component for legendary crafting.”

Will these new materials be strictdely rewarded trough ascended salvage, or can we obtain trough other means? I don’t care salvage a bunch of rings, since they are pretty easy to get, but seens like that the rings gives a different sort of material than armors or weapons.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Im ready to salvage all my sets cuz im going back to scho.. exo!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

It sounds like you will get different materials in different amounts from ascended armor and weapons, but all will have a chance at dark matter, and it sounds like matrices will be exclusive to ascended rings.

Atleast thats how I read it.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

MauricioCezar.2673

It sounds like you will get different materials in different amounts from ascended armor and weapons, but all will have a chance at dark matter, and it sounds like matrices will be exclusive to ascended rings.

Dark Matter is the actual Exotic-only salvaged material. They are stating that armor and weapons can wield ball of dark energy.

If they follow the formula of glob of dark matter, this means that in order to get the new legendarys, we will need to salvage ascended weapons and armor, for a chance to get the needed ball of dark energy.

This, is what I have fear. For serious, salvage a 100g worth piece of equipment for a chance at a needed material seens very dangerous. Even if I dropped that piece of equipment.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Dark Matter is the actual Exotic-only salvaged material. They are stating that armor and weapons can wield ball of dark energy.

If they follow the formula of glob of dark matter, this means that in order to get the new legendarys, we will need to salvage ascended weapons and armor, for a chance to get the needed ball of dark energy.

This, is what I have fear. For serious, salvage a 100g worth piece of equipment for a chance at a needed material seens very dangerous. Even if I dropped that piece of equipment.

Having salvaged dozens of exotics to get just the ten globs of dark matter for an ascended weapon, I dread how little chance these will have and how much you’ll have to salvage to get enough. Especially given that the game simply doesn’t want to give me anything ascended as a drop in the first place.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

Salvaging ascended rings purchased with pristine fractal relics seems like it’s going to be the cheapest and quickest way to get the new mats.

As someone who has been hording all the useless ascended rings obtained from fractals, it’s great, but I can see it being potentially painful for people who don’t normally do fractals.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Salvaging ascended rings purchased with pristine fractal relics seems like it’s going to be the cheapest and quickest way to get the new mats.

As someone who has been hording all the useless ascended rings obtained from fractals, it’s great, but I can see it being potentially painful for people who don’t normally do fractals.

I read it as only armor and weapons produce the ball of dark energy, and rings only produce stabilizing matrices- so we will need to salvage both?

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Makes sense to me.

Salvage Exotics for Dark Matter to craft Ascended items.

Salvage Ascended for Dark Energy to craft Legendary items.

If the NEW Legendary items are worth it, then why not? I had a hard time salvaging some of my exotics for Dark Matter when it was introduced (not so much these days, but back when exotics were worth something it was hard). Now to craft these insane Legendary items, I’ll have to make the difficult choice of salvaging my ascended gear or not.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

This just doesn’t make sense. Crafting Ascended weapons and armor is ridiculously expensive and now they expect us to salvage them? For a CHANCE at a ball of dark energy? I can see giving us something to do with the piles of Ascended rings we all have, but not armor and weapons. Most of my tunes only have one set of Ascended gear, if that and I am not giving them up.

Posted by: SindeeCyanide.9687

SindeeCyanide.9687

This just doesn’t make sense. Crafting Ascended weapons and armor is ridiculously expensive and now they expect us to salvage them? For a CHANCE at a ball of dark energy? I can see giving us something to do with the piles of Ascended rings we all have, but not armor and weapons. Most of my tunes only have one set of Ascended gear, if that and I am not giving them up.

I just wouldn’t salvage the crafted weapons/armor and instead just wait for an ascended chest drop from a world boss. Though I think I may have used up all my luck…

Though it sounds like maybe you’ll be able to salvage ascended accessories/rings and have the dark energy drop, too.

1111122333wwwwwwssssssssdddddddddddaaaaaasdddddwhy aren’t my skills wor—oh.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It is a LEGENDARY item… it is supposed to be hard to get. If every lookyloo with 20g could get a legendary item it wouldn’t be very legendary would it?

I already bought the mats needed to make/salvage 100 ascended items with this news. If you can’t do the same then you probably aren’t to the point where you should be pursuing a LEGENDARY item.

MauricioCezar.2673

It is a LEGENDARY item… it is supposed to be hard to get. If every lookyloo with 20g could get a legendary item it wouldn’t be very legendary would it?

I already bought the mats needed to make/salvage 100 ascended items with this news. If you can’t do the same then you probably aren’t to the point where you should be pursuing a LEGENDARY item.

The whole talk about the new legendarys, is that they are not meant to be a gold pay to get, but a legendary journey instead. So, where is the point if need to sunk hundreds of golds for a chance of a dark energy? This is not a legendary journey, just another grind for gold to geit it.

Of course, we have no info if there is another way to get dark energy yet, and thats why I brought this topic up, To see if we can get some clarification on it.

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

You do know you can get a ton of ascended chests from fractals. 0g needed. Also, if you failed to notice, the current Legendaries are ALL gold grinds. No difference. No one’s forcing to to farm for them. If you wan’t a legendary get it. If not, then don’t. The farming + grind required is part of the acquisition process.

Posted by: Tashigi.3159

Tashigi.3159

I just want to know if we can salvage all this kittenty Dragonite Ore/Stars/Dust, etc.
I don’t think putting some random gimmick toy to eat it is a solution.

MauricioCezar.2673

You do know you can get a ton of ascended chests from fractals. 0g needed. Also, if you failed to notice, the current Legendaries are ALL gold grinds. No difference. No one’s forcing to to farm for them. If you wan’t a legendary get it. If not, then don’t. The farming + grind required is part of the acquisition process.

I run daily fractas 40 and 50 every day, the average of ascended box drop is still 1 every 8 dailys. I have 8 + 1 (Revenant) toons to gear up with ascended, I have right now 4 complete sets, and 7 spare pieces (Boots/shoulders). Yes, thankx for the useless info, I know that we can get “Free” ascendeds at fractals.

My real questioning here is : Why someone would toss onto trash a 100g worth armor piece, for a “Chance” of a craft mat? I know I would probably end up doing , but it don’t seens rightly designed if that is the case. Either way, I am passing up troll comments such of yours from now on. This is not a rant thread, it is meant to be a questioning for clarification.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

If we have to farm tons of gold to craft Ascended to salvage for a chance at Dark Energy this is really no different from having to do the same thing for exotics/rares to throw in the Mystic toilet in hopes of a precursor. At least with precursors you could just spend the gold and buy one, but now you can’t even do that. Grinding for a Legendary is one thing but gambling as well is BS.

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

I’m afraid ascended will be handed out like candy the way exotics are now is my biggest concern.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

I’m afraid ascended will be handed out like candy the way exotics are now is my biggest concern.

They couldn’t really afford to do that, ascended crafting is the biggest sink of ba-sic materials in the game. If people stopped crafting damask, deldrimor, and spiritwood all the t1 – t4 materials would flood the market again and drop back down to double digit copper values. Not likely to happen.

The rings will definitely provide only a partial component, and salvaging armor and weapons will be required. So really, this isn’t a sink for people like me with over 150 rings banked at all, because you’re limited by the extreme comparative cost of ascended armor and weapons. We’ll still be overflowing with rings, even more so with the new fractal updates that will bring a temporary influx of players/participation.

Unless, the stabilizing matrices will be tradable. But I assume they’ll be account bound like dark matter.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

From today blogpost:
“salvaging each type of item, like gloves or weapons, will yield different results, but all *will provide a chance at the new *ball of dark energy salvage item that will be used for crafting new legendary items in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns and beyond. Salvaging ascended rings will also grant players stabilizing matrices, a necessary component for legendary crafting.”

Will these new materials be strictly rewarded trough ascended salvage, or can we obtain trough other means? I don’t care salvage a bunch of rings, since they are pretty easy to get, but seems like that the rings gives a different sort of material than armors or weapons.

Fixed that quote, As you can read, ALL accended items will have chance to give you a ball of dark energy salvage item that will be used for crafting new legendary items. Rings are accended items thus they will drop it too. Different results will likely mean that you can get more if you salvage an accended armor piece or weapon which seems logical as they are much harder to get then rings.

IN addition (so next to this) only rings will be able to give you stabilizing matrices. which are also needed in new legendary crafting.

This means that we WILL need to savage accended rings as they are the only items that give us the stabilizing matrices. Next to that you can salvage ANY accended item (including rings) to get the ball of dark energy. This it might even be possible to get both an ball of dark energy and a stabilizing matrice from 1 ring salvage if your RNG is lucky.

Salvaging of other accended items is not required, but optional for those of us that want to get rid of some for some reason (i would re-stat them in the mystic force but thats just my idea… ) So if you want you will be able to smash them. They will probably have an higher drop rate of dark energy then rings (though the higher drop rate is speculation but it seems likely given that they are much harder to come by then rings) they could also drop other items but so far there is no mention that any of those will be required for legendaries.

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The whole talk about the new legendarys, is that they are not meant to be a gold pay to get, but a legendary journey instead. So, where is the point if need to sunk hundreds of golds for a chance of a dark energy? This is not a legendary journey, just another grind for gold to geit it.

Good point it was meant to be far more quest based not another grind which it looks like being. Anet being disingenuous yet again.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It sounds as if at the very least, you need to salvage ascended to create the new legendaries and the fractal skins.

That being said: Good riddance. If we could permanently salvage ascended gear off the servers, would be much better.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

“… just wait for an ascended chest drop from a world boss. "

You’re joking, right?

Salvaged 10 rares today- got 3 ectos. Not very common, but it happens. Also salvaged 3 exotics for the sigils, and got zero globs of dark matter. Can you imagine the tears from people who DON’T do level 50 fractals daily, nor have a storage bin full of unneeded rings, spending their hard earned laurels on rings to salvage and get nothing? And now they’re at zero laurels? This helps retain players how?

Sorry if I’m sounding like a cynical jerk, but I’m primarily a WvW player and my fractal level is 9 or 10. I REALLY don’t want to grind fractals while some server is eating my home borderland. Can we get some WvW love for legendary crafting? Oh, wait- you can ignore WvW completely if you want a legendary. So much for “It is a LEGENDARY item… it is supposed to be hard to get.” Would that that were still true!

(edited by Sinbold.8723)

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

I wouldn’t take the verbiage in the blog post literally, it would make little sense for rings, the most common and plentiful ascended drops in the game, to salvage into both dark energy and matrices, while weapon and armor chests, which drop something like 1/10th as often as rings, only salvage into dark energy.

I’m willing to bet you’ll be required to salvage both armor/weapons for energy, and rings for matrices. It’s ArenaNet.

The “all” term can infer all non trinket equipment, gloves, boots, shoulders, bows, swords, etc. While the “also” in the rings line can mean, in addition to dark energy from equipment, you can also get matrices from rings.

We all know they’re terrible at clearly communicating ideas, so you can’t just pick out a few key words and assume some sort of firm intent. The language used can go both ways, we’ll just have to wait and see.

But based on their track record, my money is on rings exclusively salvaging into matrices and not dark energy.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

Good point it was meant to be far more quest based not another grind which it looks like being. Anet being disingenuous yet again.

It’s a grind if you make it a grind. I got full ascended heavy and light armor just by playing along and gathering materials from drops and salvaging. Now working towards my medium ascended armor. People nowadays tend to have the urge to own everything immediately. Patience is a virtue.

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Of course, we have no info if there is another way to get dark energy yet, and thats why I brought this topic up, To see if we can get some clarification on it.

People always make the mistake to think just because there is the journey they
will remove the paywall .. but in the end you will have to grind more for the
journey and pay even more for the item.

This is again the best example .. oh yeah the precurser hunt .. that will maybe take
time where you could have farmed the money for a precurser .. and now we add
on top that you have to salvage ascended stuff thats worth the price of another
precurser on top of it.

But hey .. the old methods where you could buy everything for gold and don’t
had to grind 1000 fractals was soooo bad.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

My wager is they’re releasing 500 Jeweler and players will be creating some ascended jewelry that will then be available to salvage.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Savaging ascended weapons and armour sounds like a bad system to me. These either take a lot of gold (and time-gating) to make or are very rare drops. This is the current top tier of gear we are talking about salvaging. Presumably this is to encourage people to do fractals for a higher chance of ascended rewards, but it seems a bit wrong to me that this primarily locked behind a particular game mode relatively few people are playing. Hopefully the changes they are making to fractals actually does make it more appealing, otherwise I don’t think it will diversify the population that much.

MauricioCezar.2673

From today blogpost:
“salvaging each type of item, like gloves or weapons, will yield different results, but all *will provide a chance at the new *ball of dark energy salvage item that will be used for crafting new legendary items in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns and beyond. Salvaging ascended rings will also grant players stabilizing matrices, a necessary component for legendary crafting.”

Will these new materials be strictly rewarded trough ascended salvage, or can we obtain trough other means? I don’t care salvage a bunch of rings, since they are pretty easy to get, but seems like that the rings gives a different sort of material than armors or weapons.

Fixed that quote, As you can read, ALL accended items will have chance to give you a ball of dark energy salvage item that will be used for crafting new legendary items. Rings are accended items thus they will drop it too. Different results will likely mean that you can get more if you salvage an accended armor piece or weapon which seems logical as they are much harder to get then rings.

IN addition (so next to this) only rings will be able to give you stabilizing matrices. which are also needed in new legendary crafting.

This means that we WILL need to savage accended rings as they are the only items that give us the stabilizing matrices. Next to that you can salvage ANY accended item (including rings) to get the ball of dark energy. This it might even be possible to get both an ball of dark energy and a stabilizing matrice from 1 ring salvage if your RNG is lucky.

Salvaging of other accended items is not required, but optional for those of us that want to get rid of some for some reason (i would re-stat them in the mystic force but thats just my idea… ) So if you want you will be able to smash them. They will probably have an higher drop rate of dark energy then rings (though the higher drop rate is speculation but it seems likely given that they are much harder to come by then rings) they could also drop other items but so far there is no mention that any of those will be required for legendaries.

If you read carefully, you notice that they give examples of Armors or weapons, both will give chances for dark energy. A little further, they state that rings will give chance for stabilizing matrices, wich is a different material.

Now, of course this could only be a fail in comunication by the blogpost writer, and the rings could indeedly gives dark energy too. And thats the reason I have put this topic up, for clarification, since the blopost is very misleading in a lot of aspects.

Posted by: doc.9162

doc.9162

just salvage 20 odd ascended rings.. no balls of dark matter, just the stabilizing matrices .. so yeah haven’t been keen to try my luck with ascended armor and weapons yet, but its certainly looking like you will have to, in order to craft the legendary back piece

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I would have no problems with this if it wasn’t for the RNG. If you got a guaranteed mat from it, then it would’ve been fine.

just salvage 20 odd ascended rings.. no balls of dark matter, just the stabilizing matrices .. so yeah haven’t been keen to try my luck with ascended armor and weapons yet, but its certainly looking like you will have to, in order to craft the legendary back piece

Rings are the only ones that don’t drop Balls of Dark Matter.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom