Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

So I’m trying to stay calm while I write this………..

My maximum FPS in gw2 is now 18fps………

All other games running on ultra are well above 50fps.

I’ve pretty much done all I can think of short of formatting the bloody primary drive and installing window 7 pro……………

any thoughts ?

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Posted by: Farlo.3642

Farlo.3642

First, you should take some time and calm down, nothing like this ever gets solved when you’re too frustrated to focus.

If other games are running fine, I would run GW2 with the “-repair” command line argument to make sure the game files aren’t broken. If that doesn’t work I would reinstall your video drivers just for kicks, and make sure to reboot afterwards to make sure everything gets applied. Also, you should look at your CPU and GPU usage with Task Manager and something like MSI Afterburner to see where the bottleneck is.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

latinkuro.7304

Almost you said has been tried, except for the -repair command running that now see if it helps.

if there was a general bottleneck, it would show on other games as well not just gw2……
this is likely a gw2 specific issue with my windows 10 system.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

On windows 10 with new drivers, blah blah blah, mine flickers or maybe stutters or skips frames, I’m not sure what you would call it but it is extremely annoying and very prominent.
On windows 7 I could restart the aero process to fix this but windows 10 doesn’t have that so I’m not sure what ‘desktop window manager(dwm)’ process is creating the problem.

gw2 says I’m getting 18-50 frames like normal but the graphics card isn’t rendering them all, it acts like it’s skipping half of them. I’m not sure that previous drivers will even install properly on windows 10 and they had the same problem anyway, it’s just that they could be worked-around…

anyway, waits for 64bit games, can’t believe OS’s still come in 32bit flavor…

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

latinkuro.7304

this has nothing to do with 32 vs 64 bit…..
clearly you do not understand anything about what is going on !

-repair command didn’t do anything btw…..

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Farlo.3642

if there was a general bottleneck, it would show on other games as well not just gw2……

I’m just thinking that something else might be taking up all your CPU, RAM, or GPU in the background causing GW2 to lag. Also Is this a fresh installation of Windows 10 or did you just upgrade from 7/8?

Simply moving from 32-bit to 64-bit doesn’t do anything by itself, all that does is allow the program to use bigger/more precise numbers and more RAM. Also, I believe GW2 is a 32-bit application, so a 64-bit OS wouldn’t really matter.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Farlo.3642

Hmm… Is it hard-locked at 18 fps or just bad performance in general? Does it go higher if you lower the graphics?

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

latinkuro.7304

I’m just thinking that something else might be taking up all your CPU, RAM, or GPU in the background causing GW2 to lag. Also Is this a fresh installation of Windows 10 or did you just upgrade from 7/8?

Simply moving from 32-bit to 64-bit doesn’t do anything by itself, all that does is allow the program to use bigger/more precise numbers and more RAM. Also, I believe GW2 is a 32-bit application, so a 64-bit OS wouldn’t really matter.

I thought so too, been looking at task manager under performance but nothing stands out and my CPU barely hits 25% mem 4/8gb used.

gonna install afterburner see if i can get some more detailed data on the GPU.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

latinkuro.7304

Hmm… Is it hard-locked at 18 fps or just bad performance in general? Does it go higher if you lower the graphics?

if I set it to best performance it will hit 70fps which is nothing compared to the 250fps it used to give me under best performance…..

You’re thinking it might be a GPU issue but if it was, I’d have issues in all games not just gw2.

WS is running fine on ultra settings giving me 55~75fps

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Am i wrong when my crystal ball tells me you have an NVidia card ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

latinkuro.7304

completely wrong.

r9 270x

Love the sig
SG-O so much feels……

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I have the same problem. I just give up.

Make sure you install the latest driver. If you aren’t very good at computer, get some tech person to help you.

If all fail. The best thing you can do is wait for the next driver and hope it fix for you.

I think Nvidia are fixing their drivers now. But I dont’ know if their be able to fix for you. Since they are mostly try to fix their SLI problems. They didn’t talk much about fixing memory leak or Vram problem.

if you are using amd check amd site, if they didn’t address problem about the driver, I’m not sure anyone can fix for you.

if windows 7 works. You can just use it. And wait a while before trying windows 10 again. Consider you have 1 years to upgrade if that is what you are doing now.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

latinkuro.7304

I have the same problem. I just give up.

Make sure you install the latest driver. If you aren’t very good at computer, get some tech person to help you.

If all fail. The best thing you can do is wait for the next driver and hope it fix for you.

I think Nvidia are fixing their drivers now. But I dont’ know if their be able to fix for you. Since they are mostly try to fix their SLI problems. They didn’t talk much about fixing memory leak or Vram problem.

I’ve been troubleshooting pc’s for years now…..
might just ditch windows 10 and return to my trusty windows 7 pro…….
till these issues are resolved….

I should follow my own advice I’ve given to people for years, and NEVER install an OS when it is brand new out of the oven ! it is a recipe for disaster.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

I’d check if you have any software that’s recording game video in the background. I had FPS issues until uninstalling the AMD Evolved client that was recording the last 30 seconds of gameplay all the time. Windows 10 can do this natively, so I wonder if it was conflicting.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Try running the game in compatability mode for Windows 7/8.

There’s a different issue where people get a burst of static right on launching GW2 in Windows 10, and running it in compatibility mode fixes that so maybe it’ll help you.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Posted by: snowgim.6327

snowgim.6327

Not sure what’s causing your problem, but I just thought I should mention that I’m running win10 and I haven’t had any problems. I run everything at max (including the ones that can be set to ‘Ultra’) and I even recently turned supersampling on and didn’t notice any drop in framerate.
Only thing I have set down is ‘Character Model Quality’ to medium which helps when there’s a lot of players around.
Just saying it might not be a win10 specific problem, though I do have an Nvidia card, so I guess it could be a win10/AMD problem.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

completely wrong.

r9 270x

Love the sig
SG-O so much feels……

Ok .. first make sure your GPU is in the slot next to your CPU .. also just remove
and reseat it. If that doesn’t help post a screenshot from CPU-Z and GPU-Z
with GW2 running in the back.

Important is that you see the x16 2.0 and not a lower value, and your CPU
should run at max Speed also of course.

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

latinkuro.7304

completely wrong.

r9 270x

Love the sig
SG-O so much feels……

Ok .. first make sure your GPU is in the slot next to your CPU .. also just remove

Done, done and done.
I give up trying to find the needle in a haystack…..
I’ve just finished fresh installing and upgrading to windows 10 (fingers crossed)
not installing any 3rd party apps yet, gonna DL the new drivers and install the game see if it works fine.

Win 10 FPS issues in gw2

latinkuro.7304

completely wrong.

r9 270x

Love the sig
SG-O so much feels……

Went back and checked gpu-z after fresh install didn’t help and found there is a 2nd 16x at the back……….mine said 4×.

Problem solved, two heads are indeed better than one.

Thank you very much.