Wings hate

Wings hate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I know there is a lot of hate for the gemstore wings, and I fully agree that there could just be a dyeable version of each model of wing released instead,

But that being said…

I actually really like the idea of double wings. Like Thanatos in Smite. Please make it happen!

Wings hate

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Okay, but right after disable backpacks visibility/disable backpacks and weapons when lowest quality of models enabled or something like this opt goes up.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Wings hate

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

The day of the black wings release a friend and I made identical ugly huge Mesmer Charrs, both with identical looking names with changing one i to an í. With all our clones up you couldn’t tell what was going on when fighting on smaller points in pvp. It was all in good fun in hot join but some people really disliked wings that day.

I ended up deleting that character tho for my revenant. Rip “Got Wings”

The end

Wings hate

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I hate Wing Wars 2

Wings hate

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

I was going to suggest the Golden wings the day before they put them in the shop.

Already have hawk wings on one account, the golden ones went on a second.

The one I didn’t like too much were the Valentine’s day one. I was expecting something like the Christmas snowflake glider but with hearts instead of snowflakes.

Wings hate

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Honestly ANet needed to space this last set of wings out over several months, not consecutive two week patches.

And for Gods sake who thought it was a good idea for them to be virtually fully extended as you walk about. It’s like carrying a ladder across your shoulders. I’m expecting players to dodge out of the way when you turn. You do know birds fold them up right?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Wings hate

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well with your wings folded around you will, when wielding any bladed weapon, likely clip your wings, you’ll try to escape combat, jump of the mountain and …… fall to your death as you have damaged all your Feathers either in combat or when you drew your weapon….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Wings hate

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Okay, but right after disable backpacks visibility/disable backpacks and weapons when lowest quality of models enabled or something like this opt goes up.

It shoudn’t be related to the model quality option. Just give us a drop-down menu:

- Show all backpacks
- Hide other players’ backpacks
- Hide all backpacks

(option 3 isn’t really necessary actually as we can already hide our backpack from the equipment window).

Wings hate gone.

Wings hate

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

It shoudn’t be related to the model quality option. Just give us a drop-down menu:

- Show all backpacks
- Hide other players’ backpacks
- Hide all backpacks

(option 3 isn’t really necessary actually as we can already hide our backpack from the equipment window).

Wings hate gone.

Of course, hiding other people’s backpacks includes turning off the SOUND from those backpacks as well. (Yakky Golem packs… grrrr!)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Wings hate

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Only time I hated them was because they were stiff and meh looking. But after physics were applied they were cool. They make more sense now that they’re gliders.
I use them on my Black Mage Ele and Demonish looking Mesmer. I think one reason people like them is they’re the closest things to capes now. Inc Guild Wings.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Wings hate

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

It shoudn’t be related to the model quality option.

I think it should be. It’s kinda useless it I want to bring up my FPS but the default models still wear things that use many different materials, particle and sound effects.

I’d say we need both of these things

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

Wings hate

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I’m kind of glad for no capes. Unless they were the kind that wrap around your body like maeiv in Warcraft it Jon snow. Something other than a super hero style. Lol and it would be nice if they folded up a bit more. The new hawk style isn’t bad though

Wings hate

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Enough wings already,,,, ugh

More plant themed/engineer themed (charr technology) back-packs

Wings hate

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Pfft there’s not that many wings in the game…

Ad Infinitum
The ascension
Spinal blades
Bat wings
Black feather wings
Butterfly wings
Wings of glory
Daydreamer’s wings
Glittering wings
Holographic dragon wings
Holographic shattered dragon wings
Light of dwayna
White feathered wings
Wings of the sunless
Female mantle of the lich
Gold wings
Hawk wings

ok… well… I’m hungry for chicken wings now…

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Wings hate

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

Would like to see my Holo Shattered Wings or Wings of Sunless turned into gliders. They don’t block view/npc’s and they were free for doing event is a plus GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!