Wings of Love [Feedback]

Wings of Love [Feedback]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Candy.6835

Candy.6835

I saw this logging in and it was the first time in a while I was freaking out and trying to log in. I’ve been waiting for a pair of pink backwings for my main.

Once I log in though I find out that it’s glider only and now I’m crushed…

Why anet can’t you make a pair of pink backpack wings to go along with that glider skin?

(edited by Moderator)

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: owlslovetrees.4051

owlslovetrees.4051

I bought the wings of love and I think they’re very pretty but I’m quite annoyed with the sound effects. I didn’t expect that and likely won’t use them because of it.

Please please please consider adding an option to turn off sound effects on items like wings. They open constantly and it will become very grating.

-owlslovetrees

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There have been a few gliders I’ve passed on because I figured I’d be annoyed by the sound effects based on videos I watched of the gliders in action (the snowflake glider as well as the phoenix glider).

I’d prefer if they just toned the sound effects down personally, as I’d rather not have them gone entirely, but if that’s not an option then I’d settle for a toggle, sure.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m going to agree that they need to be turned down some, at least.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Same here, lol. So bummed out.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’ve been checking g general off and on expecting this to be a thread sooner or later. :P such a strange decision, given they Re so similar to the hawk wings…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Personally I think there are too many wings running around, what is it with people wanting wings?

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Ya this would have been one of those things that would have been nice as a back item and glider combo (like the bat wings were at halloween).

Personally for me, I can’t justify buying a glider only skin. Now a glider/back combo, I wouldn’t think twice before buying it.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Personally, I find the wing back items pointless, having ones as gliders makes sense, since you at least do something with them (not quite flying, but it works).

I find it a little petty to not want an item just because there’s no back item version of it, but to each their own…

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: veniatulip.3905

veniatulip.3905

I was totally bummed out to see this wasn’t a combo. The mesh is exactly the same as the hawk wings so…why anet why? If the issue is with the hearts that fall from the glider, the back item is a separate item anyway! Just don’t have them. :P

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Retoree.7853

Retoree.7853

you can make it semi perm… I found a nifty little trick to keep the glider wings active for a while (at leasty until you fall/jump) by mashing the glider button when you like bump into the ground~

woops… forgot to mention you need one of those launch pads to make it work… or at least sufficient height somehow

Attachments:

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Im glad there are no more backpack wings from this update. I hope they will never share any again.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Starfall Leyline.2481

Starfall Leyline.2481

There are people who hate the wings, that’s fine. They don’t have to buy them.

I, however, love them, and I was very disappointed that this wasn’t included as a back item. The sad thing is, I don’t really expect Anet to change it. Once it’s done, it’s done. That’s kind of their way. If you had made this a backpack item, you could have gotten even more money out of me.

If you do change it? Well, I’ll be pleased.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Piejoe.7268

Piejoe.7268

Please, no more backpack wings. It makes this game look like all these cliché free to play MMO’s. They’re hideous, obnoxious, cheap, generic, childish and they don’t fit into the lore and the game. My friends came back to this game after a long break and the wings were one of the reasons that they quit within one day.
Enough is enough.

I am glad that these wings are glider-only like all wings should be.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

In my opinion Wings of Love is not something new, because this item looks exactly like Hawk Wings, with a different dye (pink).

You can buy Hawk Wings if you desire, but I am not sure if you can change their dyes.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: veniatulip.3905

veniatulip.3905

I don’t understand why people feel the need to interject their negativity. You can’t make a game look like a free to play generic crappy MMO because guess what…..its not.

Also, all you wing haters, just about anything can fit the lore in a magical world such as the GW2 universe. And why does Anet make wings? Hmm….gliding. Your toons can now fly, why not fly on wings. Its a natural progression and people like it. There are things I don’t like about the game too that I don’t whine about here.

So for the majority of people that do enjoy the wings. Yes. Backpack please.

BTW I have seen Golden Eagle wings in data-mined information, so you guys all have fun whining about that too. I’m going to go back to enjoying the game now.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I don’t understand why people feel the need to interject their negativity.

Simple – certain types of people are miserable when other people have things that they personally don’t like.

I find these types of people rather amusing, and will generally make it a point to wear whatever it is that has got them all riled up. In this case, I’ll being wearing wings on my back more often now. Just because.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

The color of these wings is exactly what I have been waiting for since the first winged back piece went on sale. I love the color so much but I HATE the dropping hearts and that is only in glider form. Makes me so sad.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Candy.6835

Candy.6835

In my opinion Wings of Love is not something new, because this item looks exactly like Hawk Wings, with a different dye (pink).

You can buy Hawk Wings if you desire, but I am not sure if you can change their dyes.

You cannot change they’re dyes and if I wanted hawk wings (which are brown) I would have gotten hawk wings. I want pink wings.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m personally not a fan of wings either. I find them oversized and rather silly looking overall. Like, yah, a lot of the back items don’t really serve a purpose or anything and many would actually be awkward, but the wings in particular have always stuck out to me as a “cosplay” item more than something anyone would seriously wear, lore-wise.

But that’s just my personal opinion, and I accept that they’re here to stay and there are going to be more and more of them going forward, especially now that gliding is a thing and making a glider / backpack pair is an easy sell for the many people who do seem to like the wings. And there are a lot of them, which is why wings aren’t going anywhere. Like capes, people have been asking for wings for a long time, and unlike capes there aren’t technical issues to work around, so they’re going to be a thing from now on. And I can live with that as long as they make a few more non-wing back items along the way.

While I personally couldn’t care less about the wings of love not getting a backpack equivalent, it does strike me as odd that they don’t have one. Given that the glider seems like a recolor of the existing wings more or less, doing the same for a backpiece would have been a no brainer.

The only “reason” I can come up with for there not being on is that they specifically said that there’d be a new glider every week in February, and so they are focused specifically on that aspect and either overlooked a backpack equivalent or it just didn’t fit the theme. Not a great reason, but its the best I’ve got.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

I don’t understand why people feel the need to interject their negativity. You can’t make a game look like a free to play generic crappy MMO because guess what…..its not.

Also, all you wing haters, just about anything can fit the lore in a magical world such as the GW2 universe. And why does Anet make wings? Hmm….gliding. Your toons can now fly, why not fly on wings. Its a natural progression and people like it. There are things I don’t like about the game too that I don’t whine about here.

So for the majority of people that do enjoy the wings. Yes. Backpack please.

BTW I have seen Golden Eagle wings in data-mined information, so you guys all have fun whining about that too. I’m going to go back to enjoying the game now.

Because the entire wings trend is repetitive and almost unimaginative. ArenaNet could’ve created entirely different and unique types of gliders, yet they prefer to stick to similar styled gliders with different colors and effects. Jetpacks, balloons, Cthulhu-esque, rocket boosters, etc. There’s an enormous array of possibilities yet the gem store is consistently filled with wings (not the entire gem store but the gliders department).

“… just about anything can fit the lore in a magical world such as the GW2 universe.” backfires on you because that means anything else can fit. I understand you’re most likely directing that statement towards those who uses lore as support to oppose the glider wings, but it’s hardly a valid reasoning for your preference of wings considering the various other skins that fits gliding.

Your toons can’t necessarily fly in the avian sense, your toons can glide. “… and people like it.” Speak for yourself (and others that may agree of course).

The forums is a tool for the community, especially the more vocal part, to express their preferences, concerns, or discuss matters pertaining to the content of the game. Your inaction is irrelevant.

Have fun enjoying the game.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Please, no more backpack wings. It makes this game look like all these cliché free to play MMO’s. They’re hideous, obnoxious, cheap, generic, childish and they don’t fit into the lore and the game. My friends came back to this game after a long break and the wings were one of the reasons that they quit within one day.
Enough is enough.

There’s a million things in the game that don’t fit into the lore, that’s something we have always dealt with. As for no more backpack wings, I agree, but sadly it seems it’s the only thing the devs are able to do. Could someone be interested to tell the devs that there was this garment people in the olden days used to use, called a cape?

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

They’re really nice.

I like that they (and the hawk wings) look more like anatomically correct wings than the black/white ones.

I even like the music – especially as I have lag/graphics issues, so it tells me that the glider has redeployed successfully, even if I can’t see it yet.

So, it’s actually of practical help to me.

Would be nice if they were also a backpack, I totally agree.

There are people who hate the wings, that’s fine. They don’t have to buy them.

I, however, love them, and I was very disappointed that this wasn’t included as a back item. The sad thing is, I don’t really expect Anet to change it. Once it’s done, it’s done. That’s kind of their way. If you had made this a backpack item, you could have gotten even more money out of me.

If you do change it? Well, I’ll be pleased.

They may do…

After all, they made the black/white wings, which were originally just a backpack, into a glider, due to popular demand.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Khyan.7039

I’m personally not a fan of wings either. I find them oversized and rather silly looking overall. Like, yah, a lot of the back items don’t really serve a purpose or anything and many would actually be awkward, but the wings in particular have always stuck out to me as a “cosplay” item more than something anyone would seriously wear, lore-wise.

But that’s just my personal opinion, and I accept that they’re here to stay and there are going to be more and more of them going forward, especially now that gliding is a thing and making a glider / backpack pair is an easy sell for the many people who do seem to like the wings. And there are a lot of them, which is why wings aren’t going anywhere. Like capes, people have been asking for wings for a long time, and unlike capes there aren’t technical issues to work around, so they’re going to be a thing from now on. And I can live with that as long as they make a few more non-wing back items along the way.

While I personally couldn’t care less about the wings of love not getting a backpack equivalent, it does strike me as odd that they don’t have one. Given that the glider seems like a recolor of the existing wings more or less, doing the same for a backpiece would have been a no brainer.

The only “reason” I can come up with for there not being on is that they specifically said that there’d be a new glider every week in February, and so they are focused specifically on that aspect and either overlooked a backpack equivalent or it just didn’t fit the theme. Not a great reason, but its the best I’ve got.

Black/white wings are the ugliest. Looks like angel/demon fetich to me. Eeeeew.

It’s fine some people like them, matter of waste.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Khyan.7039

Enough is enough.

There’s a million things in the game that don’t fit into the lore, that’s something we have always dealt with. As for no more backpack wings, I agree, but sadly it seems it’s the only thing the devs are able to do. Could someone be interested to tell the devs that there was this garment people in the olden days used to use, called a cape?

Cape with nice physics (move well when… moving of course) would be really appreciated.

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

I would love a cape, red cape.
Superman to the rescue!

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: Eggshells.1748

Eggshells.1748

I never liked the new physics of the white and black wings. But I do understand why many people are a fan of them..

Since capes got mention I felt the need to post this GIF!

Attachments:

Wings of Love [Feedback]

Posted by: understoryglory.6480

understoryglory.6480

Please give us the backpack for our pretty pink wings!!