Winter Wonderland needs a serious polish.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

I understand since it’s not expansion content, E-sports or gem store related that you don’t care but maybe you should take the time to polish it a bit for the community. Just because it works doesn’t mean you should ignore it. Most, if not all, of these problems have existed since its release and because it’s seasonal they’ve not been touched yet. Before the “I don’t know what you’re talking about” or “Just git gud” start, I have no problems playing around these issues but it doesn’t change the fact they are still there. I’m always see these happen and there is always others who experience these.

• Getting stuck inside gifts/snowflakes.
    Just kill the player immediately when this happens or you’ll be stuck inside it until someone else comes along and breaks it up.
  • Player skills still active sometimes at start.
    Looks like you attempted to fix this but failed.
  • Missing Area of Effect from mortar shots.
    This affects mainly the very last shot at the end heading up to the exit.
  • Stutter jumping.
    What is this? You jump holding forward and it seems something pulls on you make your jump short.
  • Failing to read “jump” command input.
    I hear this often and experience it myself. You’re running, press jump then nothing. You run right off the edges. This is not player side lag because I sit between 50-60 ping and still get it.
  • Completely wrong hit-boxes for the Giant Snowballs.
    How it feels they are versus how they should be:

Attachments:

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

• Failing to read “jump” command input.
    I hear this often and experience it myself. You’re running, press jump then nothing. You run right off the edges. This is not player side lag because I sit between 50-60 ping and still get it.

I’ve seen this throughout the game, not just in Winter Wonderland. Often when I’m close to or up against a wall while holding down the move forward key, if I press jump nothing happens and my character just keeps running. I have to let go of the move forward key, press jump, and then press and hold move forward again.

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

MAKE: A winters-Boss appears in EACH City.

you have to kill every Boss in the City to get meta archievement.

If u have the archievement u become a key. the key is 1/5 .

You have to Group up to 5 ppls and everyone have to use the key with a window of 10 seconds.

The Group gets portet to the WIntersday big Boss.

You have to kill him and as reward you will get an Special Infusion.

Posted by: CedarDog.9723

CedarDog.9723

I’ve experienced all of those except getting stuck in a gift. Jumps sometimes falling short of what they should be, false starts on forward movement where you have to release “W” and press it again to start moving…these happen everywhere though. And I’m sick of the snowballs looking much smaller than their hitboxes. I often get caught by the snowballs after they’ve passed and then somehow end up in front of them. Oh yeah, and the camera zooming in and out because of snowflakes above me… And also, how snowman path takes sooooo many left turns. I mean, ANet DOES realize how a computer mouse works, right? It’s so lame to have to physically pick up my mouse and move it to the right of the desk every couple of runs.

(edited by CedarDog.9723)

Posted by: ron.6157

ron.6157

I have spent countless hours trying to master this jp and when I say countless its due to
the fact the first day this jp opened on the first winters day to date I have never been able to finish it for a lot of the same stuff I see here snow balls grabbing you when your no where near them jumps just suddenly stopping mid air I have averaged 4 to 5 hours a day trying to get this I love a challenge and thought winters day was all about having fun but some where the fun went out the window with this event you all need to re think winters day its events not just make mild changes and add new things to grind for soo the lucky few get while others like my self learn to hate this event

CedarDog.9723

Seriously, these false/slow starts are effin’ annoying. Additionally, why does it keep facing me towards the interior of the box in the reward room? Also effin’ annoying.

CedarDog.9723

And in the reward room, why does the portal require ANY sort of dialogue to return to the start when the little leave instance door icon is present THROUGHOUT the whole puzzle? Seriously, ANet needs to learn UI design from a company that knows how to do it. As much as I dislike Apple, I’m sure some of your employees have an iPhone or a Mac running OSX…take a good hard look at what they do right.