Winter's Presence Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

The shinies are not made to be easily obtainable for casuals… that’s the bottomline… or people who dont’ care to grind.

I would say i’m pretty hardcore player, but i dont care much for these grindfests. Rather be doing something i love doing.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s a premium skin with a premium effect and a premium cost to match it. As with any expensive skin, it’s up to you if it’s worth spending the time or spending the coin.

Queen Bee, a trinket upgrade with a similar effect that works on exotics but not ascended gear ran at 800-1600 gold until HoT came out (today, it’s running 500-800g or so). Winter’s Presence costs about 1,000g purchasing everything at insta-buy prices
(3g recipe, 29g mischief, 37g snowfall, 15g obsidian, 800g drinks, 75g sweets).

(The original prices for the poly-lumi effects during Halloween were similar.)

The biggest difference is that it is possible for people to farm their own Winter’s Presence, but it was impossible to do so for Queen Bee or Poly-Lumi; those have only been available via the TP or RNG.

tl;dr the price for this premium skin is comparable to that of other, similar premium skins.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

You want cool, shiny item, you buckle down and pay. I have 40g, went broke ‘cause of raids, couldn’t afford the skin even if I wanted it, didn’t get it. /shrug
Suck it up.

Im not complaining, I don’t mind a grind. Im making the statement youre better of buying the drinks with gold farmed elsewere. It’s simply faster.

Edit- The only complaint I do have is that they want you to do the same jp 1200 times, or play the same 6 songs for 100 hours. Wich by then you could probably do them blindfolded.

They don’t want you to do it. YOU want to do it. It’s different.

Well, no because anet decided upon 10.000 drinks NOT ME. And the only way to get those is trough gifts that they give out at a moderatly slow rate (compared to the 12.000 youll need for 10.000 drinks). Or, and this is the real reason they set it so high, buy them of the TP.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmm interesting that everyone just assumes this is about Winter’s Presence and using it as a justification.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

You want cool, shiny item, you buckle down and pay. I have 40g, went broke ‘cause of raids, couldn’t afford the skin even if I wanted it, didn’t get it. /shrug
Suck it up.

Im not complaining, I don’t mind a grind. Im making the statement youre better of buying the drinks with gold farmed elsewere. It’s simply faster.

Edit- The only complaint I do have is that they want you to do the same jp 1200 times, or play the same 6 songs for 100 hours. Wich by then you could probably do them blindfolded.

Well, no because anet decided upon 10.000 drinks NOT ME. And the only way to get those is trough gifts that they give out at a moderatly slow rate (compared to the 12.000 youll need for 10.000 drinks). Or, and this is the real reason they set it so high, buy them of the TP.

No YOU. You want it now so you said you have to do jp 1200 times but it’s because you want it fast and this year. The skin can be a long term goal, you know. You can still have it later. It’s a skin with shiny and good looking effect like legendary weapon.
What did you expect? Have it day one doing easy stuff?

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

I think the design is genius, most people won’t understand tho.
10K drinks will guarantee constant demand on them, so instead of injecting gold to the game (liquid gold on gifts) they fixed the distribution of the gold currently existing in the game (people with lots of gold buying the drinks) from those that sell and are in need of it. Add to it karma conversion to gold without generating more gold.. basically a karma sink.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

It doesn’t matter ANet if you drink 10k or sell some k.
This is RNG via Items. If it would be made via RNG then the drop rates would be that 1-5% of the player get that useless skin.
Now we have it via collection. In principle this divides the population into

• 5% that spend solid amounts of gold to get that skin
  • 95% that earn good gold buy selling the drinks.

This is completely fine and I like that much more than RNG. And it’s a real X-Mas action to distribute Gold from the rich to the poor

Unfortunately there seem to be a not small third category

• Trying to get it without Gold spending, as you drink what you farm you do not earn Gold, as you aren’t willing or able to spend the Gold you do not get the skin, so you cry in the forum
Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

I think the design is genius, most people won’t understand tho.
10K drinks will guarantee constant demand on them, so instead of injecting gold to the game (liquid gold on gifts) they fixed the distribution of the gold currently existing in the game (people with lots of gold buying the drinks) from those that sell and are in need of it. Add to it karma conversion to gold without generating more gold.. basically a karma sink.

Correct. It looks like ANet has decided to use Wintersday to try to rehabilitate Karma as a viable currency by draining off the excess from players. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see new uses for Karma in the future after this event is over.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

2) “Have yourself a gindy little wintersday”’ is not what I signed up for. Festival skins should be a diversion that says “YES” I did do wintersday 2015, not “YES” I have no life!

That’s what the meta title is for, which is not quite a grind. The grindiest thing you have to do is Toypocalypse 3 times maybe. The titles are always what have been the figurative “I was there” T-shirt from the event. Winter’s Presence is exactly for those that go above and beyond simply participating.

That’s been my thought anyway. I’m not getting the shoulder because it’s too much effort for what you’re getting, but I have the title, and I certainly didn’t feel I had to grind for it. Pretty much did it in between everything else I normally do.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

It is an expensive item but it’s expected. Where it fails though is the constant “world is full” messages you get with the 2 main farming spots: bell choir and JP. Yes the bell choir can get that message all the time (at least I do).

I’ve heard these shoulders are a gold sink, but they really aren’t. Were just moving gold from one player to another. If this is to truly be a gold sink, the drinks should be account bound, while we have the option to just buy the shoulders outright for say 800g.

I am one of those 10% that can farm the JP, but I know doing that till the end of the event isn’t feasible. I am sitting on 10.5 million karma as well and I don’t see buying the gifts as a viable way to spend it. There must be a better way to convert it to gold.

LastHope.8127

Hmm interesting that everyone just assumes this is about Winter’s Presence and using it as a justification.

OP here, it’s about Winter’s Presence.

LastHope.8127

Suck it up.

No YOU. You want it now so you said you have to do jp 1200 times but it’s because you want it fast and this year. The skin can be a long term goal, you know. You can still have it later. It’s a skin with shiny and good looking effect like legendary weapon.
What did you expect? Have it day one doing easy stuff?

Never did I state anywere that I want it day one, or at all for that mather. I titled this Lets do the math, because that is all I did. And concluded that if you wanted the skin, youre better off farming 800 gold elsewere.

To go off topic and reply to the rest of your comment, yes it can be a long term goal. But this is a festive skin, and should be obtainable during said festival. Who wants to walk around with snow mid summer? I like long term gold btw, I took 3 years to craft 1 legendary, because I didn’t grind for it. I just played the game the way I liked and stored stuff for it on the bank untill I was able to craft it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That doesn’t change the fact that there are other reasons for completing this.

LastHope.8127

It is an expensive item but it’s expected. Where it fails though is the constant “world is full” messages you get with the 2 main farming spots: bell choir and JP. Yes the bell choir can get that message all the time (at least I do).

I’ve heard these shoulders are a gold sink, but they really aren’t. Were just moving gold from one player to another. If this is to truly be a gold sink, the drinks should be account bound, while we have the option to just buy the shoulders outright for say 800g.

I am one of those 10% that can farm the JP, but I know doing that till the end of the event isn’t feasible. I am sitting on 10.5 million karma as well and I don’t see buying the gifts as a viable way to spend it. There must be a better way to convert it to gold.

Its a gold sink because of the way the TP works, if 10.000 per skin is traded on the TP thats 800g wich translate to roughly120g in taxes. (40g (5%) listing fee + 80g (10%) exhange fee). You can convert karma to gold by buying mats for it, wouldn’t recommend it cus if you want maximum profit, you need to buy 4 karma armor pieces, convert them to 1 armor piece (you cant salvage karma armor) and then salvage that. It’s rougly 1g per 10k karma but it takes for. ever.

LastHope.8127

That doesn’t change the fact that there are other reasons for completing this.

You can get the meta achievment without this, so unless youre unable to do complete the bell choir AND the 3 jp runs. Winter’s Presence + the title are the only rewards youll get out of this.

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

So many threads on something like this is … sad.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Folks, I understand the pain and I want you all to know that I am working really hard to bring the TP prices down by earning and selling as much alcohol as I can. I love you all and the fact that I am earning loads of easy gold is totally not my main motivation. /cough cough

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The math is why I stopped bothering~ Even though I’m super god tier MLG at the JP and Bellmeow, having to farm it that many times is madness. I want to have fun, not literally drive myself insane and die of fatigue. The 10k Chivo is simply unhealthy and irrational. It’s geared towards people who already have the gold sitting in their banks and not actually meant to be taken seriously or attempted by majority of the population.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

Well, all it does it just make me bitter and not want to spend money so their little commerce team or whatever will have to figure out a better way for people like me. Something that makes the game feel less rude and more fun.

So much THIS!
With and since HoT they made so many changes for the worst… I usually bought a gemcard each month. But i dislike the direction this game is going so much and i’m so disapointed, that i don’t want to spend a single cent more on it and regret that i gave them already so much money!

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

Posted by: Kode.1423

Kode.1423

I am astonished that this is such a problem for people. Why are people freaking out because they can’t have snow around them. I remember raiding in a game I wont name and I was disgruntled because the “hardmode” raiding was gated behind normal raiding, and pretty much required you to played 6 days a week in 3 hour raid blocks. That actually upset me enough that I eventually quit because I didn’t want to dedicate 18 hours a week to mandatory play.
Here, folks are upset because they can’t get a skin with no stats, no purpose?
I like this game for what it is, but this really blows my mind. I don’t want to see the game become a cash shop (some will argue it is already, I disagree). This isn’t an issue for most people… I would rather it attainable than straight out purchased.

DeadlySynz.3471

Also, the fact that it’s probably just as fast to farm Silverwastes and buy the drinks from the trading post should be viewed as a major design flaw. You created something meant to attract people to the Wintersday activities that is actually just pushing people away from them.

Also also, the fact that you guys ignore anything controversial these days is very concerning. Every time you let something like this go you are sending the message that nothing is wrong. That you think 10,000 drinks is reasonable. That you expected this type of reaction. That you just don’t care enough to actually address these concerns. And more than anything it shows you are completely out of touch with your players.

They do think that 10,000 drinks is reasonable, and that the fact that you need to farm for it is a feature to them, not a flaw. They didn’t create this content to draw people into Wintersday; they created it to draw money & karma out of the economy. They understand that few will be able to farm all their own drinks, and that most will need to buy them through the TP where they take their 15% cut.

How exactly are they drawing money out of the economy? Either:

A) Gold is being transferred from one person to another
B) More gold is injected if someone actually buys gems and converts to gold.
C) Silverwastes is be farmed in overdrive

One is maintaining the current status quo while the other 2 are injecting additional gold into the economy. Judging by how many “SW chest farm” are popping up in the LFG function, it’s clear the route people are taking

Then for Karma, I’m sure most have figured out by now that buying gifts with Karma is a waste. You still get more gold buying gloves, forging them, then salvaging them into scraps.

Their design has really nothing to do with eliminating gold or Karma from the economy..

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Note: This is the point at which the thread was merged, to give greatest value to the devs in their review of your input. Please feel free to continue to offer your feedback, and thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

And, this is the perfect time to say, WE NEED AN EFFECTS CHANNEL!

Seriously, all these “visual effects” are great but, not when they are gear specific. Please give us 3 slots in the equipment tab for placing items with effects. This way they properly overlay effects on top of our armor or outfits. So that we can stack, stagger, and blend visual effects too.

TY

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Oh, you also merged a thread about the JP in here by accident?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I don’t have an issue with 10k drinks for the shoulders that is certainly part of obtaining those shoulders and not unreasonable. My issue is with giving a title for that amount of drinks when there are those who have Thirst Slayer at 100K get who no title. In my mind that is a bit of an insult.

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

How exactly are they drawing money out of the economy?

It’s a transfer of gold, with a big ole 15% tax on every drink consumed via TP transaction. For every 800 gold worth of drinks, you are looking at 120 gold removed from the economy, as well as wealth being transferred generally from the wealthy to the less so in game.

The drink is drunk, the gold is gone, your question’s bunk, I could go on.

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

The effect is truly beautiful, great job on that one!

I wish there was a puff of snow or something suiting when you jump/land take fall damage, that would definitely finish the effect off as superb!

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

What’s even the point of these feedback threads? Is anything done with our feedback at all? It’s a genuine concern of mine.

None of what we ask for is ever adressed.

Posted by: Arcturus.5267

Arcturus.5267

What’s even the point of these feedback threads? Is anything done with our feedback at all? It’s a genuine concern of mine.

None of what we ask for is ever adressed.

I’m pretty sure it’s too stop the flood of new topics being created which are moaning about the cost of the the shoulder skin.

My opinion is Anet did a good job, these skins are a luxury and I hope they keep releasing other’s, with a similar cost.

I think people really shouldn’t be moaning about them, they are not out of reach at all. They are not gated behind RNG, you can farm some gold just like you pretty much do for everything else or farm the presents/drinks yourselves and choose to invest it into the shoulders or make some gold.

This is only a sink for the people who want the skin fast.

I invested a fair bit of gold into the presents and I’m watching the price drop gradually, sure it’s painful but I had the luxury of running round with a nice skin for a few days.

There’s nothing wrong with a shift of gold through the economy, it balances out unless it’s being flipped by the same individuals, people still have a chance of making some decent in-game cash.

I do really wish that Anet would open more posts like these for people’s opinions on actual game modes like WvW for their opinions instead.

It’s a shoulder skin.

DeadlySynz.3471

It’s a transfer of gold, with a big ole 15% tax on every drink consumed via TP transaction. For every 800 gold worth of drinks, you are looking at 120 gold removed from the economy, as well as wealth being transferred generally from the wealthy to the less so in game.

I suppose you missed the point about the primary gold driver in this is SW farming, aka “injecting” more gold into the economy. So in point, your point is bunk More gold is being injected into the economy, the problem isn’t solved.

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

This is only a sink for the people who want the skin fast.

Except fast is the only way to get it. The Winter’s Presence collection is only viable during the 29 day long Wintersday festival.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

And yet I’m pretty sure Gaile said it’s viable afterwards a very short time ago.

Edit: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Updates-about-Wintersday/first

(edited by Ben K.6238)

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

And yet I’m pretty sure Gaile said it’s viable afterwards a very short time ago.

Edit: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Updates-about-Wintersday/first

And where, pray tell, are you planning on getting drinks or gifts after he festival ends?

Posted by: Arcturus.5267

Arcturus.5267

And where, pray tell, are you planning on getting drinks or gifts after he festival ends?

I’m sure the TP will still have plenty available, also there is next year.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

To me, this issue here is not a simple shoulder skin or even the 10k drinks. I think this is the first time a jumping puzzle has been a requirement for a reward tied to a Festival Event.
I like that there is real effort or gold required. The JP is just a killer for me though.
Why couldn’t it be like Sanctum Sprint in reverse, a race down on sleds, or Gliding down from the top mast of the top ship in the Bazaar, or a jumping mushroom maze inside a small room of the Super Adventure box . Things that would give your new and core game players a taste of HoT and Festivals and just be simply fun.

There are enough gates and difficulty in the chain of required activities for a skin like this in a Festival Event. Please don’t add JP’s to them too.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Which is a good thing imo, I remember the Bday presents from GW1 being a great bit of wealth generation for the less wealthy. These shoulders too are a great gift of money to those who do not want the skin. Also good gold sink and Karma sink. Clever devs.

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

I also wish it didn’t take up the shoulder piece, I miss using my regular shoulder skin. It would be awesome if there was an effect slot or something similar

Posted by: Metricos.5617

Metricos.5617

This is my favorite part of the jumping puzzle required for a meta achievement.

Attachments:

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Note: This is the point at which the thread was merged, to give greatest value to the devs in their review of your input. Please feel free to continue to offer your feedback, and thank you.

If there is any possibility of extending ways to get Wintersday Gifts or even being able to craft the drinks it would be a lot more reasonable even if the total stayed at 10,000. Most of us don’t want to be handed skins, but a lot of us are casual enough where there is absolutely no possibility of us getting enough presents during Wintersday (especially because of vacations/holiday with family, etc) or even saving enough gold for the drinks on the TP, which will increase in price after Wintersday ends.

Please, if possible, make some of the Wintersday events continue on after the festival ends. I don’t mind running the JP hundreds of times as long as I don’t need to cram all the runs into a 1-week time period

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

Also, the fact that it’s probably just as fast to farm Silverwastes and buy the drinks from the trading post should be viewed as a major design flaw. You created something meant to attract people to the Wintersday activities that is actually just pushing people away from them.

Also also, the fact that you guys ignore anything controversial these days is very concerning. Every time you let something like this go you are sending the message that nothing is wrong. That you think 10,000 drinks is reasonable. That you expected this type of reaction. That you just don’t care enough to actually address these concerns. And more than anything it shows you are completely out of touch with your players.

They do think that 10,000 drinks is reasonable, and that the fact that you need to farm for it is a feature to them, not a flaw. They didn’t create this content to draw people into Wintersday; they created it to draw money & karma out of the economy. They understand that few will be able to farm all their own drinks, and that most will need to buy them through the TP where they take their 15% cut.

How exactly are they drawing money out of the economy? Either:

A) Gold is being transferred from one person to another
B) More gold is injected if someone actually buys gems and converts to gold.
C) Silverwastes is be farmed in overdrive

One is maintaining the current status quo while the other 2 are injecting additional gold into the economy. Judging by how many “SW chest farm” are popping up in the LFG function, it’s clear the route people are taking

Then for Karma, I’m sure most have figured out by now that buying gifts with Karma is a waste. You still get more gold buying gloves, forging them, then salvaging them into scraps.

Their design has really nothing to do with eliminating gold or Karma from the economy..

The gold is being taken out via the TP tax; either on the drink sales themselves or through the sale of mats farmed in SW (SW doesn’t add much gold to the game, it adds drops/mats which are traded in a taxed transaction for gold that already existed).

You may want to check out the Wintersday merchant too; they’ve added several Karma sinks there, including a few ways to convert Karma → Gold.

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

What would be really helpful; and it is something which rarely, if ever happens, would be for a dev to actually explain the thought processes behind the collection.

Arming players with that information would; I suggest, allow them to provide much better feedback and suggestions.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

TL;DR:
1 effect slot per equipment (armor, weapon, trinket) slot
1-4 dye channels per effect
Strip effects from current items and make them unlockable effects, like dyes or armor skins.
Wardrobe for effects.
Restrictions for effects and what slot they can be placed in (and what kind of item has to be in the slot)
Increases customizability and compatibility and gives the devs a clear framework to work within instead of creating “hacks” for each effect.

It would be very nice if we could get one effect slot per armor, weapon and trinket item and that we then could put different types of effects into the different types of slots with different requirements for the effects.

It would also be nice if those effects would have their own dye channels as well.

One example would be to take the Zodiac armor blue starry shimmer thing and make that into an effect.
The requirements for the effect could be that it needs to be applied to an armor slot but the armor needs to be one compatible with that effect as well (in this case, perhaps only the zodiac armor).
And then the dye for the effect leads to that we could have green, blue or pink effects of it for example.

Another example would be the new wintersday shoulder effect.
Requirement would be to put it in perhaps a shoulder slot or if it’s deemed less important how it can be combines, it could perhaps be put into any armor or any trinket slot.
As for the dye channels, it could have 2 or 3 that makes the snowflakes different colors. That way, some snowflakes could be pink, some other could be blue or you could have 3 different kinds of white for the flakes…. Or yellow if you like.
The legendary effects could be made to be used with other weapons. But if the effects could be used regardless, then for example engineers could have all their legendary effects on all their kits.

All this in an effects wardrobe that unlocks much like the normal wardrobe.

I believe that the implementation shouldn’t be too tricky.
It would require some amount of rework to allow for dyes to be used on effects. Much of it could be copied from how the armor dyes work, but the textures or particle effects would have to be made greyscale if they aren’t already.
The UI would mostly be copypaste and would be fairly easy.
The system the effects use right now, of course would have to change and I would assume that’s the part with the most work, but I feel that has to be done regardless to have a robust platform for it instead of that one item carries the effect in one way and another item carries the effect in another way. This rework would allow for much more freedom in creating new effects and clear rules for the developers on how the effects should be used and created.

Currently it feels more like a hack than a robust system.
For example, the wintersday aquabreather carries the effect with the item, not the skin.
The legendary weapons carries the effect with the skin, not the item.
The ghostly infusions carry the effect via an infusion, not an item or a skin.
The queen bee is an exotic jewel, not an infusion, item or a skin.

If changed this way, it would allow for more compatibility and customizability.

Posted by: KittensWithClaws.3097

KittensWithClaws.3097

Gailie has still not (or have i missed it in the mounds of posts) andered the quesiton that she was "researching days ago.

1 Will the shoulder be able to be gotten after winters day?
2 Will there be other ways to get drinks like crafting? As buying will go out of sight as the supply runs out.
3 Will next year drop drinks to get the shoulder?

Posted by: KittensWithClaws.3097

KittensWithClaws.3097

What would be really helpful; and it is something which rarely, if ever happens, would be for a dev to actually explain the thought processes behind the collection.

Arming players with that information would; I suggest, allow them to provide much better feedback and suggestions.

Yes, yes, and yes!

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

You make a really good point here – it was intentional, and this move was successful from Anets perspective, seeing as the JP and Choir Bell activities have been packed with players (to the extent of some not even being able to get in) which I’ve never really seen in a holiday event before.

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

(There are some theories that the choir is actually faster because you can join on the middle or later songs wich give 3 or 5 gifts were the first 2 songs only give 1 gift each. But on avarage I think it’s about the same as your mediocre JP player.)

Does that account for the time wasted by free play?

I drop out on freeplay, but for me the total process takes little over 5 minutes, and it consistently rewards 18 gifts, plus all of the karma with karma boosters (banner, guild Karma boost, food, utility, candy cane stack, booster, etc.) you can buy more gifts to open, selling the drinks from them.

Choir is more reliable for me than the JP.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

I won’t say if this is just lack of thoughts or just lazy design, but these ’shoulder" should has an slot of its own (i.e. effect slot). Making these effects a shoulder piece will a) no shoulders!, especially if I want to see my shoulder armor (heavy sets anyone?) b) interfere with outfits (which should be armor skins of themselves)

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

It isn’t the amount required for the achievement. It’s the kittenty amount dropped from wintersday gifts.

Increase the amount of candy canes, food, and drinks from gifts please.

Connoisseur of Confection achievement: (NOT required for shoulder skin) I’m at less than 400 out of 2,500. I’m currently saving my candy canes and waiting for the price to come down a little more in the TP for the mini gift skritt. I need 16 of that mini along with a bunch of candy canes to get the mini munificant gift skritt. Once I accomplish that I can use whatever candy canes I have left over but it’s not gonna put me up that high.

Festive Imbiber achievement: (IS required for the shoulder skin) I have a little over 2 stacks of gifts to open and I’m at a little over 1,800 out of 10,000. After opening the gifts I might be at just over 2,000 and still have a very long way to go. This is the only achievement I need for the shoulder skin and I’ve done the jumping puzzle about 135 times or so now and it’s getting tiresome, repetitive, and very boring. There are a lot of other things I’d rather be doing, but for me the JP is the most efficient way to get gifts. I was planning on doing toypocolypse, snowball mayhem, and bell choir, to get max achievement points from the infinite achievements, but scrapped that idea due to the JP being better at getting gifts.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Crunch Bars.4309

Crunch Bars.4309

Personally, I’d like WP to be shown through outfits or maybe be classified as an “aura” instead of a shoulderpiece; as should Nightfury be an aura too. (functioning sort of like the halo/horns thing.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

It’s far too late for them to listen to feedback, or fix anything (such as having trouble entering the jumping puzzle).

I believe they’re on vacation until after January 1st. Although it’s not stated here https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/happy-holidays/ the beginning and end of the article implies it.

The event ends January 12, which means by the time they get back from vacation, there there won’t be enough time left of the event to even bother listening to us. Our best hope is for next year, but by then they might forget all about this thread and all the feedback we’ve provided.

There’s something charming about rangers.