Winter's Presence Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Let us SELL the Winter’s Presence skin on the TP. I think that would solve a lot of the issues. I’m currently working towards the skin myself, not because I like the look, but for the AP and collection completion. If I could make someone’s day by selling them my unwanted skin and make a nice bit of money in the process, why not?

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I heard all the complaining about the drinks needed,and when
I tried the collection my self I thought people were over reacting.
Bummer.That’s what I thought about the 1000 drinks.
It would be a grind,but a quite reasonable one.
And then I was hit by the 10K drinks bomb.
I find this to be unreasonable,not something I’ll enjoy doing,and thus
I won’t endorse it by playing.

GW2 is perceived by many players as a no grind game.
The truth is that GW2 is one of the grindiest MMOS in the market,one that will require you to play the same content time and again mechanically,with not even the
slightest sigh of joy,with the sole purpose of acquiring gold or rewards.
And this 10K drinks requirement simply verifies that once again.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

I would love to get the shoulders but unfortunately like many others the jumping puzzle is not accessible or lags up to much for me to complete. This is a holiday item. It isn’t even a ascended shoulders like the Halloween shoulders. Like others have said you can keep it as a requirement if you’d like but shouldn’t you have an alternative for those that have issues with the jumping puzzle. I normally enjoy jumping puzzles myself and would probably enjoy this one. But the mix of having it as a requirement for the shoulders, having a repeatable achievement with it, and how lagy it is when attempting it Just turns this into a less then enjoyable time to even try to complete the jumping puzzle. Just my 2 cents. Those of you that say it is easy, you’ve finished it. No don’t remove it. Are you forgetting this is a holiday item. This isn’t a legendary What would it hurt to have an alternative way for everybody to enjoy the holiday. It is not like they are taking anything from you if they change the requirements a little.

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

I want to get the shoulder without resorting too much to the TP, but I ask, what am I proving by doing the same JP over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER?

There is nothing fun about this, the requirement is so high you actively have to discourage yourself from doing more interesting things to keep the progress going. If you want to remove money from the game, please for the love of Balthazar, just flat out stuff a 50g token on an NPC and make us lump it, not do this and rely on the TP tax. So we can, you know, get back to PLAYING the game.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I have finished my Winter’s Presence after wasting like half of my fortune on it. I feel relieved, liberated and exhilarated. Not because I obtained a very nice skin. Because I finally put an end to this god cursed grind and now enjoy my christmas in peace.

/Very frustrated with the state of end game grind.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I think the name of Wintersday should be changed to more honestly title it what it’s become:

“Broken Toypocalypse Gold Sink Achievement Festival 2015”

If you think the shoulder skins are there to commemorate the in-game holiday you are sorely mistaken. They are there to pull large quantities of gold out of the economy and to add artificially high-time investment to the game. Period.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

While it’s too late for me to get the shoulders completely for free (I bought a couple stacks of gifts) it doesn’t seem just doable with strictly PvP and ascended mat crafting. I’ll try Silverwaste for some karma and gold on top of what I’m doing.

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Lets see… The JP gives way too high a reward, or the other stuff gives way too low. If you’re good at the jp you can get 100-160 presents in 30min whereas snowball mayhem you might get 20-30? Bell choir closer to 60.

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Hi Gaile, thanks for merging this.

I have a question that I did not see a clear answer for…

I know the achievement for the 10K drinks is staying open after Wintersday is over.

I would love to have them as they would round out my look that I put together just for keeping the Wintersday/Holiday spirit alive all year round.(picture attached) I know I won’t have the fund-age to buy the drinks I need, and being an adult player with kids, a job, etc. I can’t play as much as would be needed to grind(there’s that dreaded word) them out.

Q: Will we be able to continue this THROUGH the 2016; and perhaps 2017, Wintersday Festivals?

Thanks, and I hope your Holidays are fun and peaceful.

Attachments:

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Main feedback for me is 10,000 = Pure Grind, why did you choose that number?

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Note: This is the point at which the thread was merged, to give greatest value to the devs in their review of your input. Please feel free to continue to offer your feedback, and thank you.

Gaile has time to post this which done not help us at all. But has not answered any of the real questions since day one of her original post.

Copied from other post
1 Will the shoulder be able to be gotten after winters day?
2 Will there be other ways to get drinks like crafting? As buying will go out of sight as the supply runs out.
3 Will next year drop drinks to get the shoulder?

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Lets see… The JP gives way too high a reward, or the other stuff gives way too low. If you’re good at the jp you can get 100-160 presents in 30min whereas snowball mayhem you might get 20-30? Bell choir closer to 60.

Bell choir net 180~216 presents per hour, depending on the wait time.
If people don’t leave half-way or fail, it’d go faster.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Other MMORPG’s give away a cool gift for Christmas. It is really nice since thouse that have a life are way to busy to spend a full time job to get just a skin.

Look this is not a per-cursor, or legendary weapon it is a skin. Although a very nice skin. Why did Anet do this at such a busy time of year? You would think they would want to say, “Hey thanks guys for supporting us and here is a little something back to you.”
I can not guess why they made such a time intensive skin at such a busy time, and time gate it in a way it is effective. No more booze will be available so they year is a token to shut people up.

I am VERY disappointed in the direction Anet is taking, and their lack of response to the community. I am not saying to make just give it away,m but why not make it reasonable and maybe fun too?

Posted by: Etherian.3697

Etherian.3697

The 10,000 drink requirement is ridiculous and sucked an awful lot of fun out of doing the collection for the shoulder skin. I was enjoying the small amount of grind, running around and getting presents, and then I noticed that the final drink number was 10x what I thought it’d be.

Why not just be upfront about what your intentions are, Anet? Just be honest and say you want to drain the coffers of those who have an obscene amount of gold compared to the rest of us.

I came back after a two year hiatus and find this kind of thing going on. Disappointed in this.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

The 10k drink achievment is definetly a moodkiller. Either spend 900g into it or do the JP 1000 times. If you are good you can make it in 35h of pure grind.
Or at least you could if that kitten JP wouldnt be bugged and you wouldnt stare at that kittening loading screen the whole time. I spend 3h in GW2 today and at least 90 min I was looking at those 2 wallpapers.
Seriously, how did you mess something up which worked fine last year? This event is just another huge disappointment.

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

Winter sucks in Gw2 this year IMO.

They didn’t re-vamp LA, and just done the left wing of DR as a “make do” section…. That’s so lazy…

I bet it’s because they are focussing on HOT instead now. sigh

Very disappointed with Wintersday this year A-net…. Please make up for it next year with a very wintery themed LA.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Lazy?

Ask yourself this: Do any of the other cities have a gem-store locked services area right in the heart of the festivities?

Its not an accident it’s all in Divinity’s Reach this year.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Why didn’t you complain about this last year? This year’s Wintersday is identical to last year’s, except with a reworked reward structure and a different set of bugs.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

That’s all they did last year, a small part of Divinities Reach because reasons…

Guild Wars 1 festivals are better than Guild Wars 2’s in decorations, theme and things to do.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

I think its cool to have skins with such surround effects like snow, etc

I would just not design them as armor skins as alot armors dont look good if a part is missing.

I would design a new slot on the characters for effect skins. That way we can wear effects and full armor and the slot could be designed in a way that the effect also displays if someone is wearing clothes instead of armor.

let me entertain you

Posted by: mithriltabby.7602

mithriltabby.7602

To make a concrete suggestion that will require minimal effort for developers and QA:

Please create Chef and/or Artificer recipes for Glass of Buttered Spirits, Mug of Eggnog, and Cup of Spiced Apple Cider. Make them 1-in-10 drops from Personalized Wintersday Gifts and 1-in-100 drops from generic ones.

Here are some recipes that should require adventuring to acquire the ingredients:

Pile of Pumpkin Pie Spice + Bag of Sugar + Orange + Jug of Hard Apple Cider = 8 Cup of Spiced Apple Cider
4 Eggs + 2 Glass of Buttermilk + Nutmeg + Flask of Blood Whiskey = 8 Mug of Eggnog
Pile of Pumpkin Pie Spice + Bag of Sugar + Stick of Butter + Flask of Firewater = 8 Glass of Buttered Spirits

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Or just put wintersday activities in the rotation once the festival ends.

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

No one is forcing you to get the skin, it’s only a skin after all. Useless! Relax and leave it alone if you don’t want to do the JP or drinks

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

10,000 drinks isn’t an achievement of skill or ability but mind numbing repetitiveness. The number feels like it was thought up by the same person who did all those ridiculous WvW achievements.
GW2 is my first mmo, is this the standard? Is it usual for mmos to make achievements require that I either turn the game into my full time job, or spend money from a real job to buy the gold to afford this achievement? Or perhaps this a result of expanding the game into China?

I’m not forced to have the skin, but honestly what does it benefit a game to design in this way? To have fewer and fewer options to complete the content and be required to spend tens of hours on things that, even if it was fun, sure isn’t going to be fun by the end of Wintersday.
The tedium of this process is made worse by the issues of the jp activity being full so much of the time or putting the player into a finished bell ringing map. So frustrating!

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

(edited by Vespertilionidae.5018)

Posted by: riverrhyne.9751

riverrhyne.9751

Honestly, I could care less about the skin. It looks cool, but. Whatever.

This is the only thread that remotely matches what I’m truly upset about and that’s that I’ve been playing for three Wintersdays now, and they’ve always been about fun! I’ve never been good at the puzzle – for various medical reasons I use a controller, and it doesn’t handle timed puzzles well. I’m not good at the snowball thing either. I’ve always loved bells, and loved making snowmen, but bells don’t count for achievements and snowmen have been taken away as an achievement.

As it stands, I’m having to do things that I don’t enjoy and things I am not good at to get an achievement that I’ve always gotten every year (the progressive toymaker achievement) – and that may sound like small potatoes, but it’s always been something to make me laugh and make me proud I’ve been here so long. Why make Wintersday about chores and having to do things you don’t enjoy? That seems completely counterproductive. As it stands, I probably won’t be getting my achievement this year. It’s really sad and frankly frustrating.

If you’re going to offer different activities for people to enjoy, then they should all count toward the achievement. Like getting a certain score in bells some number of times, or making snowmen, or donating to children. I miss the fun achievements, and I’m really disappointed in this year’s event.

(edited by riverrhyne.9751)

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

The 10k drinks was a ridiculous amount and would love to see the logic behind that decision. How did the conclusion come between the maths that went into the RNG vs Hours played to gain the gifts to get the required drinks amount, eg… how many repetitive sessions of bellringing, snowflake jumping, snowball throwing (which I enjoyed the most of all Wintersday events) would a developer recommend to get as many gifts as possible within the Wintersday season (without buying them)

If anything I do feel if 10k was considered to be acceptable, then all events should have offered the same karma accumulation chances as JP and bell ringing. This way there is equal opportunities to all players who play better in some events than others, this would have been much fairer. Some people still cant get into JP cause people are not leaving it and farming it all hours of the day. If all events had karma opportunities there would have been equal spread of all activities throughout Wintersday.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I think it was all fine. 10k drinks, while high. It is totally farmable. I’m at 9k drinks as of tonight and haven’t bought any from the TP save for a handfull (22 to be exact) to round out my total.

I haven’t farmed the JP…..I farmed Bell Choir. And that’s not the only thing I’ve been doing. I do plenty in other zones, I completed the Hot story twice, dailies, worked on the PvP meta, etc.

It’s a RARE collection. If you want to finish it, you have to be determined and farm (or be rich and buy your completion). It’s in a good place where it is.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

You guys who rant against the jumping puzzle must be new. This jp is here from year one every year and believe me, even back then no matter how much we sucked at jumping, we managed to complete it in less than an hour. Today I can do it with eyes closed lol. Absolutely no need for a change at all.

What bothers me is the insane amount of drinks you need to complete one of the achievements. But hey, if the collection is here to stay after the festival ends I’m gine with that.

The rest of the collection is just meh…
All in all you guys cry so hard at something doable in a short term while there are more serious problems in the game. Shame on you.

And even more shame on you ANet for giving a shout about this pretty much easy collection instead of giving attention at other topics that need attention.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Bell choir net 180~216 presents per hour, depending on the wait time.
If people don’t leave half-way or fail, it’d go faster.

180 per hour would take completion every 6min 1st song to last without stopping. Good luck with that. So 120 per hour from my original post is probably more what people will get. Loading time, getting into instances that are already complete etc, waiting for other players. Either way, Snowball mayhem rewards are a joke.

Posted by: Nightshade.5924

Nightshade.5924

I think the name of Wintersday should be changed to more honestly title it what it’s become:

If you think the shoulder skins are there to commemorate the in-game holiday you are sorely mistaken. They are there to pull large quantities of gold out of the economy and to add artificially high-time investment to the game. Period.

Sadly a true assessment of the state of affairs for this winters day. I note that as of today, the drinks requirement has been changed to 5000, which still is going to be very difficult to do. If you use the model of 1200 presents to get 1000 drinks, this is still 6000 presents. I think I have opened just over 1250, and I have just over 1000 drinks to my credit.

All I wanted from the get go was to be able to complete the collection. Any skin was to me just a bonus. But since I have seen NO Superior Sigil of Snowfall drops, have only about 20 bells or so, and have ONLY GOT TO THE TENTH SNOWFLAKE IN THE JP, I am more or less done w/ this nonsense.

Kudos to all of you who are master jumpers. I mean that. I read about people being able to complete the WD JP in a couple of mins, and I say “Wow, that’s insane.” As for all and sundry who say JP’s are a major part of the game, I disagree. They are an EXTRA non-combat activity.

Yes, they are everywhere. But unless I miscounted, there are only 45 in the whole game, presumably including the MK’s Clock Tower and this one. How many vistas are there? How many hearts? How many WP’s? Killing monsters, exploring, doing HoT content, doing WvW and PvP, THAT is the major part of this game, not JP’s.

And I totally agree that this WD festival is a major resource sink on all levels. Gold Coins, Karma, actual Gold and crafting mat’ls are all necessary to get the WP collection achievement. Shame on Arena Net. And shame on me for falling for it and burning a bunch of gold and resources on the Essence of Mischief and the other parts that I have completed..

“NUFF SAID”

Posted by: Griever.7480

Griever.7480

No one is forcing you to get the skin, it’s only a skin after all. Useless! Relax and leave it alone if you don’t want to do the JP or drinks

another person who bought it with gold and wants to feel special.

Posted by: Griever.7480

Griever.7480

Sadly a true assessment of the state of affairs for this winters day. I note that as of today, the drinks requirement has been changed to 5000, which still is going to be very difficult to do. If you use the model of 1200 presents to get 1000 drinks, this is still 6000 presents. I think I have opened just over 1250, and I have just over 1000 drinks to my credit.

All I wanted from the get go was to be able to complete the collection. Any skin was to me just a bonus. But since I have seen NO Superior Sigil of Snowfall drops, have only about 20 bells or so, and have ONLY GOT TO THE TENTH SNOWFLAKE IN THE JP, I am more or less done w/ this nonsense.

Kudos to all of you who are master jumpers. I mean that. I read about people being able to complete the WD JP in a couple of mins, and I say “Wow, that’s insane.” As for all and sundry who say JP’s are a major part of the game, I disagree. They are an EXTRA non-combat activity.

Yes, they are everywhere. But unless I miscounted, there are only 45 in the whole game, presumably including the MK’s Clock Tower and this one. How many vistas are there? How many hearts? How many WP’s? Killing monsters, exploring, doing HoT content, doing WvW and PvP, THAT is the major part of this game, not JP’s.

And I totally agree that this WD festival is a major resource sink on all levels. Gold Coins, Karma, actual Gold and crafting mat’ls are all necessary to get the WP collection achievement. Shame on Arena Net. And shame on me for falling for it and burning a bunch of gold and resources on the Essence of Mischief and the other parts that I have completed..

“NUFF SAID”

its still 10,000 you kitten .

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

“NUFF SAID”

It wasn’t changed. You still need 10,000 drinks. 5,000 is for tier 4 out of 5 for the achievement. Hover your mouse over the amount and you’ll get a tooltip showing how many at each tier, with the absolute max is needed.

I’m at a little over 3,500 drinks now. Not a single drink bought from the TP. I do the jumping puzzle 30 times a day, buy as many gifts as I can with karma each day, and do a few daily achievements for some more gifts (mostly the 4 wintersday dailies). At this rate I might be able to just make it before the event ends. I really don’t want to have to resort to buying drinks in the trading post because the price isn’t coming down at all. In fact it was actually up by over a silver today compared to yesterday.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

“Sadly a true assessment of the state of affairs for this winters day. I note that as of today, the drinks requirement has been changed to 5000, which still is going to be very difficult to do. If you use the model of 1200 presents to get 1000 drinks, this is still 6000 presents. I think I have opened just over 1250, and I have just over 1000 drinks to my credit.”

Wait, it changed? I have 7,000 drinks completed and didn’t get a, “Here’s Winter’s Presence” prompt.

Posted by: Mortheim.9321

Mortheim.9321

10k isn’t good number not because it is insane (mind you, it is still pretty big), but because most of activities are borrrrring.
Why are they boring? Some of them are practically always full (like JP), only one activity can be played in party (Infinarium and you won’t do it to farm presents). And, well, they haven’t changed since 2013. Yeah, sure, they are great for new players after HoT release, but doing same activities again and again and again…And again, so you will get 10k drinks is insanely bad for players. Newcomers will want this item, but they would need to grind. Or play repetitive activities, which they will get next Wintersday.
For me it is strange to think, that i can’t get this, just because i don’t want to grind or do repetitive sh**. And i don’t understand, why chef can’t prepare this drinks (like, give us ability to make more alcohol, so chefs would be also brewers). 20 flawless snowflakes for one drink can be good (and 2 other ingredients).

Atm i’m playing PvP and FoTM for gold to buy drinks. I’ve tried to do activities, but i don’t like this jumping action (it is not jumping puzzle, which i love wholeheartedly), i’ve already played choir bell for 15 hours (listening to Primo Victoria, because it is good for this autistic and repetitive activity) and don’t want to do it any more, i hate playing toypocalypse with some random people (it was fun to play in party with friends using skype to talk). Snowball mayhem is good, but reward is meh.

Posted by: Sam Heinous.5028

Sam Heinous.5028

I would also like to speak about the forced JP this year.

I have never been able to complete it even one time in, what, three years? Never. And I’m not sure that I ever will be able to complete it 3 times.

So, that means there is NO WAY I can finish the collection I started.

If your computer can’t get high frame rates, if your mouse isn’t a super game mouse, or if you are handicapped in any way, parts of this game can be tough as it is. Gating the festival prize behind this JP is terrible. I’ve already had to write off the clock tower each year. I never figured on Christmas changing.

There used to be a halfway point option, didn’t there? And now they took THAT out, making it even worse.

This is like paying to be punished for myself and others who want the achvs and skins, but are JP impaired. At least every other year, you had some flex to work around it.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

I will probably be upset if they nerf this since I have farm the jp so much times for the skin. Sorry but 10k is fine if you work for it.
All the complain are people that want a shiny legendary effect asap.
You know it’s like legendary weapon, if you want it fast you have to grind stuff and things, or use credit card.
If you want it but don’t have the time to do it fast, then work for it through the year and stop complaining? My sister is a pure casual player and want it too, but she know that she can’t have it now but probably next year. I don’t understand all these nonsense and complain about shiny things too “hard” to get because you are too lazy for it.
I can understand people that don’t like the jp required for achievement, BUT I can’t understand people that don’t want to grind for the 10k drinks achievement.

Moreover, the skin is nice but we can’t use it with clothes and this is sad.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I will probably be upset if they nerf this since I have farm the jp so much times for the skin. Sorry but 10k is fine if you work for it.
You know it’s like legendary weapon, if you want it fast you have to grind stuff and things, or use credit card.
If you want it but don’t have the time to do it fast, then work for it through the year and stop complaining? My sister is a pure casual player and want it too, but she know that she can’t have it now but probably next year. I don’t understand all these nonsense and complain about shiny things too “hard” to get because you are too lazy for it.
I can understand people that don’t like the jp required for achievement, BUT I can’t understand people that don’t want to grind for the 10k drinks achievement.

That in essence is the problem (no pun intended); you farm the jumping puzzle, I also farm the jumping puzzle, most people cannot. Anet should not be building the experience for you and me, but the majority of everyone else.

10K drinks is fine, but a wider avenue needs to be opened to obtaining them because right now, there is only 2 effective ways to do it, the JP and bell choir. We’ve got 5 wintery areas that can be used for present drops. Why don’t wintersaday presents regularly drop there? Why not drop them with events? Why can’t we craft them? Why don’t they drop in WvW?

If were going to grind for this after the event is over, where will they come from? The 1 wintersday gift we get each day in our home instance? lol. Seriously, that is just asinine. Wait till the following Christmas event? At some point we’ll need new content, and again, we’ll run into the same problem that most people can’t farm the JP to get gifts.

While the 10K drinks is fine, far more avenues need to be opened up to obtaining them + crafting them. Yes that will devalue them in the TP, but that’s just the nature of the beast.

Posted by: Towatha.4671

Towatha.4671

10k drinks is NOT FINE. It means you either grind your brains out and hate this game more for it or you use the TP which is the reason it’s at 10k.

I don’t play this MMO or any other to pay someone else to do the farming for me. I’ll finish the grind then I’ll probably shelf this game until the next expansion.

Posted by: Kitten Commander.8952

Kitten Commander.8952

It just feels like a clickfest and a gold sink.

This is coming from someone who generally enjoys the activities even though they are old.

The thing is, since they ARE old and there are only a few, I DON’T enjoy them enough to FARM them. Thus the gold sink.

Also, I’ve pretty much accepted that I won’t ever be able to complete the JP. Didn’t there used to at least be a sort of “save point” when you talk to Tixx?

Posted by: Ksardas.7381

Ksardas.7381

A few days ago I posted in some thread that this grinding for drinks will be easy. But today after christmas, I started grinding again, grinded about ~3,5k drinks from JP in about 10 hours with some breaks, and I can tell you… I dont think I can finish it. I sooo overdone the JP its crazy. After about 6 hours I went numb, and my hands were doing the job out of the memory. My eyes were shouting “stop, please…”. And so after about 500 successful runs and few falls I stopped and I thought to myself “i cant do this anymore….EVER”… I really cant. Its mentally and phisically exhausting. I mean there are still many days left but if you suck at JP or other minigames, this is just literally impossible.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

My big problem with this nice skin is that I’m tired of everything fancy or nice being behind some sort of grindwall or behind a gemshop purchase. The game is acting way to much like a Scrooge. The devs should learn that there’s times to be generous with the ingame rewards instead of making them another reason to increase daily logins and hours played metrics so that the graph looks good for showing off to your boss.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

I very much enjoy this item and those of this nature. The auras are splendid and add a nice touch to character customization. I also appreciate that not everyone will have it immediately so it will have its prestige for a while. Leaving the achievement/title available all year is awesome I see quite a few complaints about it being a “grind” when it truth it’s not in the least. All 10k points can be purchased off the TP making zero to grind. Players seem to generate complaints nonstop about design because they can’t immediately get something with little/no effort. According to these players EVERYTHING (harvesting mats, crafting, FotM,WvW, Achievements, skins) that creates/requires gold is a grind.

The only thing I can say I dislike about these types of items is they take up an armor piece removing some character aesthetic. If they could be forged into an infusion or upgrade item then promoted continuously they would be perfect.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

That in essence is the problem (no pun intended); you farm the jumping puzzle, I also farm the jumping puzzle, most people cannot. Anet should not be building the experience for you and me, but the majority of everyone else.

10K drinks is fine, but a wider avenue needs to be opened to obtaining them because right now, there is only 2 effective ways to do it, the JP and bell choir. We’ve got 5 wintery areas that can be used for present drops. Why don’t wintersaday presents regularly drop there? Why not drop them with events? Why can’t we craft them? Why don’t they drop in WvW?

If were going to grind for this after the event is over, where will they come from? The 1 wintersday gift we get each day in our home instance? lol. Seriously, that is just asinine. Wait till the following Christmas event? At some point we’ll need new content, and again, we’ll run into the same problem that most people can’t farm the JP to get gifts.

While the 10K drinks is fine, far more avenues need to be opened up to obtaining them + crafting them. Yes that will devalue them in the TP, but that’s just the nature of the beast.

There are a lot of way to get presents. You can have it from karma, golds via TP, PvP, dailies, maps, Tixx, etc. You think JP and chor bells are the only way to get presents but it’s wrong. I farmed the jp because I wanted it fast.
But it wasn’t the only thing I’ve done : All the golds from fractals was for buying drinks from TP, Karma for buying presents from the NPC, I’ve done all the dailies, some Tixx stuffs, PvP wintersday rewards, etc. There are a lot of way to get presents.
Chor bells and JP are just faster but you don’t need to run it like me if you want it before wintersday end.

If you want it now, everything you drop, every golds, mats, karma, farm, etc should be spent/sold for the skin only. You don’t need to farm chor bell or the jp at all. Do it just 3-5 times per day for the 5k karma then farm golds/mats or anything that can contribute to the skin you want.

Sorry but I really don’t see the issue and in my opinion every complain about the way to get the skin (except the jp requirement that is arguable) is just because people are lazy. I’m not selfish, I just worked hard for it and I think I derserve it. That’s why I don’t want to see a nerf. It would be totally unfair to players like me and probably will quit the game for a while if ever they do that.
Nerfs things is not good for a game, FFXIV nerf almost everything and that’s why I don’t play this game anymore. I don’t want to see the same nonsense in Guild Wars 2.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I finished the shoulders tonight and spent maybe 3 gold buying drinks to help top things off.

I spent time with family over the holidays, did things outside of the game and farmed a whole lot of choir bell in between doing other things in game. For a RARE collection, it’s fine. I don’t have all the rare collections done and some are going to be harder than others, but to get them done it’s going to take a concerted effort and that is okay. It’s a goal.

I don’t think rare collections are meant for everyone to be able to get quickly. They require effort and dedication to finish. I don’t think the collection is going to go away, so if you don’t finish this year there’s always next year.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I have finished my Winter’s Presence after wasting like half of my fortune on it. I feel relieved, liberated and exhilarated. Not because I obtained a very nice skin. Because I finally put an end to this god cursed grind and now enjoy my christmas in peace.

/Very frustrated with the state of end game grind.

Exactly how I felt. Was such a relief to be able to just enjoy my Christmas.

Axialbloom.8109

I finished the shoulders tonight and spent maybe 3 gold buying drinks to help top things off.

I spent time with family over the holidays, did things outside of the game and farmed a whole lot of choir bell in between doing other things in game. For a RARE collection, it’s fine. I don’t have all the rare collections done and some are going to be harder than others, but to get them done it’s going to take a concerted effort and that is okay. It’s a goal.

I don’t think rare collections are meant for everyone to be able to get quickly. They require effort and dedication to finish. I don’t think the collection is going to go away, so if you don’t finish this year there’s always next year.

Not sure you realise just how much choir bell you must have done…

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

Honestly, yes, its hard to get… But no harder than 40-80 fractal dailies… And its so worth it!

Attachments:

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Axialbloom.8109

Honestly, yes, its hard to get… But no harder than 40-80 fractal dailies… And its so worth it!

…what?

Posted by: Velvet.8610

Velvet.8610

OK, besides the frustration at having to grind to get 10,000 festive drinks, I have encountered another problem with the Winter’s Presence Collection Achievment.

I purchased the blueprint a few days ago, and the items I had already earned from completed Wintersday achievements immediately unlocked in the collection panel for Winter’s Presence. However, when I completed 2 more achievements today (the JP for the Snowglobe and the Toypocalypse one for the Toy), I received both items, but they did NOT unlock in the Winter’s Presence Collection Achievement panel!! I am afraid to “use” these for the karma reward, since there is no way for me to get these again, so I am not sure what to do.

Did anyone else have this happen to them? Please help!!

-Velvet