Winter's Presence: JP req? :(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

I was so excited to finally be able to work towards that shoulder skin, only to find out I need to complete the jumping puzzle 3×.

This saddens me so much, because I cannot do the JPs for more than a few minutes before I get ill. My stomach starts churning, I get dizzy, and then I have to log off completely and spend the rest of the evening trying not to throw up.

Please Anet; could you give us an alternative achievement to do for this section?
I’m not asking for it to be easier; I’m just asking for it to be possible to complete without getting sick.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

but I believe in you.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

but I believe in you.

K, you stand at the bottom of the puzzle while I try to do it…bring an umbrella ;P
Seriously..It’s bad, like almost vertigo bad.

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

I don’t mind a jumping puzzle. I don’t mind a hard jumping puzzle. I do mind a hard jumping puzzle that kills you for daring to take a second to position yourself for a jump, and having to do it three times.

Gandaran.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

HoT is full of collections locked behind silly things so I should have expected this. Once I found out about it in HoT I stopped going to HoT maps. Not everyone thinks JP’s and adventures are fun. Stop locking stuff behind them.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: SgtOVERKILL.4701

SgtOVERKILL.4701

I really don’t get what all the complaints are about? It’s been the same for three years just because they tied an item to it? Just do the kitten puzzle you’re bound to get it. I ran it 3x in about 10min. This puzzle is easy compared to some in the current game or previous celebrations ex. mad kings clocktower.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I don’t mind a jumping puzzle. I don’t mind a hard jumping puzzle. I do mind a hard jumping puzzle that kills you for daring to take a second to position yourself for a jump, and having to do it three times.

Practise and you’ll eventually get it whining about it won’t make it easier

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

It’s unfortunate I know. More content that people will be left out of who may not like a certain game feature.

Posted by: Rayzah.4235

Rayzah.4235

I really don’t get what all the complaints are about? … I ran it 3x in about 10min. This puzzle is easy compared to some in the current game

You are so awesome! I pray to you my lord, may your light shine on me. Must be really hard to understand for such a great person like you, that some people (and i would bet there are lots) are not able to do this JP.

(edited by Rayzah.4235)

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Look at the 10k drink, that’s a total worth of 1000g on tp right now.

You complain about JP that takes at most 30 mins to complete over 10k drink?

Rayzah.4235

Yes I do complain about the JP.

10k drinks looks much, but I got at least 500 of it while playing Wintersday for one day. You don’t have to buy it all and now. You can get the gifts for gold, karma or just playing the festival. Also the prices will drop the longer the festival goes and there are several ways to obtain gold. But being not able to finish the JP means “go KITTEN yourself”, you will not get this skin.

Aomine.5012

Yes I do complain about the JP.

10k drinks looks much, but I got at least 500 of it while playing Wintersday for one day. You don’t have to buy it all and now. You can get the gifts for gold, karma or just playing the festival. Also the prices will drop the longer the festival goes and there are several ways to obtain gold. But being not able to finish the JP means “go KITTEN yourself”, you will not get this skin.

And you can keep trying for JP like you do for the drinks and eventually you will get lucky and win 3 times. Or watch a youtube video and see how other people do it.
Stop making excuses. This JP is not even considered hard by most. You can eventually do it if you practice for a few hours despite how bad you are.

Your logic is weird.
You’re ok to work on one thing but not others, which is significantly less work?

If alternative is possible, how about give us an alternative for not consuming 10k drinks? Everyone wishes alternative right?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I really don’t get what all the complaints are about? It’s been the same for three years just because they tied an item to it? Just do the kitten puzzle you’re bound to get it. I ran it 3x in about 10min. This puzzle is easy compared to some in the current game or previous celebrations ex. mad kings clocktower.

It’s not really that simple. For some players, JPs aren’t something they’re going to “just get” no matter how many times they do it. Some just don’t have the aptitude for it and no amount of time thrown at it is going to change that.

Also, “easy” is a subjective term. For plenty, this puzzle isn’t “easy” compared to others at all.

Just sayin’.

Aomine.5012

It’s not really that simple. For some players, JPs aren’t something they’re going to “just get” no matter how many times they do it. Some just don’t have the aptitude for it and no amount of time thrown at it is going to change that.

Also, “easy” is a subjective term. For plenty, this puzzle isn’t “easy” compared to others at all.

Just sayin’.

Same can be argued with any other activities.
Some people may not have time to realistically earn 10k drinks from 10k presents during the wintersday period (roughly 30 days?) because of limited play-time.

I’d expect 95% of people find the 10k drink more unreasonable compare to that 5% who think JP is unreasonable. So you want Anet to address the issue for that 5% and leave 95% of players to rot then?

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Grind, baby, grind.

Posted by: Tachi.7361

Tachi.7361

I wouldn’t mind the JP requirement…if they’d take out 1 element of it. I don’t mind which, but the instance with a bunch of other people, the platforms collapsing and the timer just combine to make this really not that fun to me.

…Also, please don’t pull random numbers out of nowhere and present them as factual statistics to make other people’s arguments seem unreasonable, it’s kinda dumb.

Rayzah.4235

And you can keep trying for JP like you do for the drinks and eventually you will get lucky and win 3 times. Or watch a youtube video and see how other people do it.
Stop making excuses. This JP is not even considered hard by most. You can eventually do it if you practice for a few hours despite how bad you are.

Your logic is weird.
You’re ok to work on one thing but not others, which is significantly less work?

If alternative is possible, how about give us an alternative for not consuming 10k drinks? Everyone wishes alternative right?

It’s your logic that is weird.

Yes I’m ok with working for something which I can safely reach. Let’s take your 1000 gold, it would take me something between 50 and 100 hours of excessive working to get them. But I can be sure that I have it after that and that is the point.

On the other hand we have this JP. I spent around five or six hours there (with my trys last year) and after that I’m clear about that I could spend 100 hours there, I’ll never finish it. At the end I have NOTHING than wasted time

And guess what, doing it the time that I’ve done it till now was far away from what I would call fun or enjoyable.

I feel with you if you can’t see the difference between thos two things. Also you miss one thing, you have alternatives for the 10k drinks. You have alternatives how you get it. Gold if you’re rich, karma if have a lot of it or just doing the festival events (where you have also a lot of alternatives).

I’d expect 95% of people find the 10k drink more unreasonable compare to that 5% who think JP is unreasonable. So you want Anet to address the issue for that 5% and leave 95% of players to rot then?

Lol are you serious? Do you really think 95% of the players are able to do this JP? You’re funny.

(edited by Rayzah.4235)

Aomine.5012

Your logic is weird.

It’s your logic that is weird.

Yes I’m ok with working for something which I can safely reach. Let’s take your 1000 gold, it would take me something between 50 and 100 hours of excessive working to get them. But I can be sure that I have it after that and that is the point.

On the other hand we have this JP. I spent around five or six hours there (with my trys last year) and after that I’m clear about that I could spend 100 hours there, I’ll never finish it. At the end I have NOTHING than wasted time

And guess what, doing it the time that I’ve done it till now was far away from what I would call fun or enjoyable.

I feel with you if you can’t see the difference between thos two things. Also you miss one thing, you have alternatives for the 10k drinks. You have alternatives how you get it. Gold if you’re rich, karma if have a lot of it or just doing the festival events (where you have also a lot of alternatives).

Lol are you serious? Do you really think 95% of the players are able to do this JP? You’re funny.

You’re funnier to assume people can’t do this JP.
It’s considered EASY by most.
It is even easier than MOST adventures in HoT.
It is easier than many of the JP in Tyria.

Much more people would have trouble getting 10000 presents or 1000g in under 30 days than merely doing Jp 3 times. Practice makes perfect. It’s better to have something that requires you to practice than things that require you to grind for 100 hours.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Have you turned off motion blur, camera shake, and set camera rotation sensitivity to maximum? You won’t get the motion sickness since your turns will be in sync with your character.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Have you turned off motion blur, camera shake, and set camera rotation sensitivity to maximum? You won’t get the motion sickness since your turns will be in sync with your character.

I was reminded why I disliked camera shake today when the game reset my settings for no reason and my game felt like a massive nonstop earthquake during tequatl. XD I could see that making someone sick if that’s goin on during JP. ;o
The default camera rotation is also pretty awful. Feels like everythings in slow motion or underwater.
Action Camera also makes a pretty big difference since your character autoturns in all directions w/o backpeddling/sidestrifing and you can turn camera even faster.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Rayzah.4235

I do know several people who can’t do it.

At this point I’m out. To discuss with a person who invents his own “facts” makes no sense. You neither know most people in GW nor 95%, its simply ridiculous.

Posted by: Sagach.3276

Sagach.3276

I just gave up after a solid hour of attempting the JP. Yes, I even watched a couple of videos and read the guide. JP’s are one of those things that are fun if I can take my time on but kitten ear impossible when timed.

Aomine.5012

I do know several people who can’t do it.

At this point I’m out. To discuss with a person who invents his own “facts” makes no sense. You neither know most people in GW nor 95%, its simply ridiculous.

The fact is 95% of the community here are telling you to actually get good and learn it.
Only 2 people on the forum, this includes you, think it’s hard or impossible.

You can being as salty as you like and refuse to learn, but I don’t think Anet will change such an easy requirement for the majority of players.
Most people would be complaining about the 10k drinks/1000g anyway.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

The jp is pretty easy. Just try harder and harder.

You will not have the skin without drink 10k alcohol anyway.

Aomine.5012

I just gave up after a solid hour of attempting the JP. Yes, I even watched a couple of videos and read the guide. JP’s are one of those things that are fun if I can take my time on but kitten ear impossible when timed.

Only an hour?
How about 10?

You’d need 100+ hrs for the drinks though. Can’t afford an hour?
(100 hrs is assuming you can do Choir Bell non-stop for that amount of time, if you do other activities, it’d cost way more time)

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

To be fair. This puzzle is one of my fav things to do in the Wintersday events so I’m glad it’s in the collection.

I feel like a lot of people complaing about no being able to do something because of medical problems or because of some other inability to complete certain content.

If the content is too hard for you then you shouldn’t be getting the reward.

And a game can’t and shouldn’t change just for people with medical problems.

What’s the next complaint going to be? “Help I have no arms. How am I supposed to do this jumping puzzle? Please Anet change this.”

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

JP is easy, hard part is 10k drink.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

It took me like 10 tries to do it the first time.

Now I complete it almost every time. Just keep practicing. No one’s bad enough for it to be literally impossible.

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

JP wouldnt be so bad if latency and rubberbanding would get fixed already. Been happening pretty bad since HoT’s launch. Keep falling on the presents due to seeing things that are not actually there.

Rawr?

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I was pretty bummed about the jp requirement too. I guess it saved me from trying to get the drinks achievement. Just gonna sell all my winterday gifts now. No snow for me.

Posted by: LaCoria.8549

LaCoria.8549

Not gonna lie, I’ve attempted this puzzle every year it’s been out, and despite having easily spent 20-25 hours doing this puzzle over the years, I still have yet to finish it even once. You can say “practice, practice, practice” all you want, but the fact is, some of us truly cannot grasp jumping puzzles, especially ones with so many factors working against you.

Aomine.5012

Not gonna lie, I’ve attempted this puzzle every year it’s been out, and despite having easily spent 20-25 hours doing this puzzle over the years, I still have yet to finish it even once. You can say “practice, practice, practice” all you want, but the fact is, some of us truly cannot grasp jumping puzzles, especially ones with so many factors working against you.

Change your setting, camera rotation speed.
Make your screen quality lowest.
Watch Youtube video 10+ times until you memorize the whole thing.

There’s tricks to learn stuffs other than blindly trying.

Posted by: LaCoria.8549

LaCoria.8549

Change your setting, camera rotation speed.
Make your screen quality lowest.
Watch Youtube video 10+ times until you memorize the whole thing.

There’s tricks to learn stuffs other than blindly trying.

The thing is, I’ve done all of that. It simply comes down to the fact that jumping puzzles aren’t as easy for some of us as it is for others. I only recently did Retrospective Runaround in the SW and it took me 6 hours to do that, with a video guide and all.

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

but I believe in you.

K, you stand at the bottom of the puzzle while I try to do it…bring an umbrella ;P
Seriously..It’s bad, like almost vertigo bad.

I enjoy JPs, in a masochistic kind of way, but I totally know what you mean about vertigo, it’s exactly what I feel standing at the top of a 50-story building for example, as I suffer vertigo in real life.

Posted by: Briars.1425

Briars.1425

3 years and ive never completed the wintersday puzzle. and not for lack of trying. ive sunk endless hours into it and this year is the first time ive even made it to the present wall.

Posted by: Kampilan.3895

Kampilan.3895

I don’t understand why some people can’t get it that not everybody can be good in platforming.

Whether it be due to actual physical conditions (easily-induced vertigo, maybe they have a physical defect, etc.) or just actual lack of either the desire or manual dexterity to do such things, THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO JUMPING PUZZLES.

That’s not the problem, right?

It is when content is gated behind things that NOT EVERYBODY can do easily. Like those 10k drinks. The logic is the same for jumping puzzles.

Some people just can’t do it.

And that’s just fine. Until there’s important content behind those things.

Would that you have an alternative path to that content. But that’s not the case.

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

I strongly second the request. JPs is something beyound my interest, I don’t like platform games, I consider it as a content for much different kind of gamers than me and will never ever do JPs in this game. Even items for legendary collection was a matter of hiring a skilled mesmer with portal. So good to know yet another content is not for me…. Unfortunatelly it means bye bye winterday…

Aomine.5012

I strongly second the request. JPs is something beyound my interest, I don’t like platform games, I consider it as a content for much different kind of gamers than me and will never ever do JPs in this game. Even items for legendary collection was a matter of hiring a skilled mesmer with portal. So good to know yet another content is not for me…. Unfortunatelly it means bye bye winterday…

Apparently grinding 100 hrs in Choir Bell or Jumping Puzzle to get 10000 presents is not the thing for most people too. JP is not the thing for you, and grinding endlessly is not the thing for me and the majority of player-base too. Majority of players just can’t do this, because of the limited play-time and whatnot.

I second that we remove the 10000 alcohol requirement.

Would Anet care? Probably not.

Posted by: Chant.6915

Chant.6915

I too absolutely =^..^= hate the seasonal jumping puzzles halloween/wintersday (pre-purchase to present player 6588 hours/1208 days…and never finished halloween or wintersday puzzles)… I generally only hate the normal in game puzzles, but have done all those.

kitten mini-games all over now annoy me even more, and suck the MMO fun out of playing for me.

Nothing like getting, prepping to get everything done for a quest (yeah shoulders), only to notice 3x completion of a puzzle I have spent hours and hours on and never completed once in 3 years.

I would not mind if there was an alternative way to get achievements for quests that currently require completion in these, but since there are not: I am actually actively looking for beta games to fuel my 20ish year mmo addiction (beta tested meridian59, but Ultima Online beta hooked me).

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

I still need like 400g to complete it and thats pretty doable but then after 4hrs of frustration in that jp, I almost broke my pc. I took a break and realised, its not really worth it tbh. I keep telling myself its an ugly skin… But I want it… I cri evritiem.

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

have you tried hiring a mesmer?

You should start thinking with portals.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

Posted by: Tachi.7361

Tachi.7361

have you tried hiring a mesmer?

You should start thinking with portals.

Skills are disabled in holiday JPs. ):

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

While I sympathize regarding your inability to do the JP, I have a friend that has the same issue as you and I wish I could help him, but at the end of the day it is just a skin, that you do not need to play the game effectively. It is a prestigious item that tells other players you tackled and mastered the Wintersday JP.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Aomine, please keep your gripes in the appropriate threads. People here are discussing the Wintersday JP and the prize at the end. No one here cares about your issue with the 10k drinks required for the Wintersday shoulders, there are already a few threads created on this topic.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Ruffles Tater.9086

Ruffles Tater.9086

3 years and ive never completed the wintersday puzzle. and not for lack of trying. ive sunk endless hours into it and this year is the first time ive even made it to the present wall.

Wait a minute there’s “Presents” in the JP I’ve never got pass the snow flakes.

I do agree with Kitty about the alternate way to get the pieces and parts for the items.
Like when you take the mini angry chest to the Charr in lions and journey around Tyria to get the mini red spark…. just a thought…

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

This sounds like a personal issue, OP. Have you seen a doctor about this? Maybe you could ask a friend or family member to do the JP for you. Don’t give out account details to strangers though.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

(edited by Zomaarwat.3912)

Aomine.5012

Wait a minute there’s “Presents” in the JP I’ve never got pass the snow flakes.

I do agree with Kitty about the alternate way to get the pieces and parts for the items.
Like when you take the mini angry chest to the Charr in lions and journey around Tyria to get the mini red spark…. just a thought…

Yeah, there should be alternative way to compensate 10000 drinks too.
Majority would be happy.

Who cares about prestige? Most people other than some rich brats don’t.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The jumping puzzle is easy…if you’re the only one there. I can consistently get to the midpoint but getting up the presents is a nightmare since they disappear for everyone as soon as one person gets near them.

I hate pvp jumping puzzles. (Not pvp in the sense that I am attacking another player, but player against player in the sense that I am forced to compete against others to make sure I have a place to stand before things disappear).

If it was strictly timed like the Mad King Tower it’d be different. But this one has obstacles that disappear when a single player touches them. If they could find a way to code it so that the disappearing boxes/snowflakes were per player (or make it a solo instance) I would someday be able to make it to the end with practice.

I can’t practice the second half if everyone jumps the gun and doesn’t let me try.

Posted by: WabbaJaga.3861

WabbaJaga.3861

I was very bad at it last year, tried if for hours and only made it six times I think. It feels a lot easier this time, I don’t know why that is (I’d like to think that hours of practising finally payed out, but that is probably wishful thinking).

One thing I’d recommend though is: Try it with the action camera mode on (with the crosshair). I just tried it a couple of times and it felt like a great improvement after I got over the initial wobbliness. Hope I’ll make it a few more times this year.

Aomine.5012

The jumping puzzle is easy…if you’re the only one there. I can consistently get to the midpoint but getting up the presents is a nightmare since they disappear for everyone as soon as one person gets near them.

I hate pvp jumping puzzles. (Not pvp in the sense that I am attacking another player, but player against player in the sense that I am forced to compete against others to make sure I have a place to stand before things disappear).

If it was strictly timed like the Mad King Tower it’d be different. But this one has obstacles that disappear when a single player touches them. If they could find a way to code it so that the disappearing boxes/snowflakes were per player (or make it a solo instance) I would someday be able to make it to the end with practice.

I can’t practice the second half if everyone jumps the gun and doesn’t let me try.

Just saying, most players, including me, consider mad-king tower way harder than Wintersday JP…