WintersDay Personal Best!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Strength.6851

Strength.6851

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if there have been others that have been racing for the best Winter Wonderland score. If there are people out there that are proud of their score plz post here.

Also I seem to have hit a pretty nice score myself at 18

Okay for those of you who wish to participate the only rule is to be in an active server with a timer still ticking down.

Good luck yall
Also I stream on a regular basis whether it be Fallout 4, or GW2 you can find me at:
www.twitch.tv/dansprite

Attachments:

(edited by Strength.6851)

Posted by: UnsoundMrBlaze.6590

UnsoundMrBlaze.6590

Nice! I could only hit 14 :/

“Whatever happens, happens, and if it does happen, it happened for a reason.”

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

My record is 17.
I always lose out on a perfect by something stupid like a visual bug or input lag (where you just stop all momentum midair and fall down like a brick).

But it’s all good fun. Personally I make a point of it to shout out “It’s raining men, hallelujah!” whenever I see someone drop around me.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

My record is 15 with the last one not counting cause of a last sec scoring. The biggest problem I had was running into invisible platforms and snowballs. It was annoying because I was able to adjust fine for random spikes of lag, but invisible platforms and snowballs are another thing. I’m still happy to get past 10 though since it used to take nearly all 30 minutes to complete the puzzle once. It’s amazing how much practice alone can help you improve on something.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

My record is 15 with the last one not counting cause of a last sec scoring. The biggest problem I had was running into invisible platforms and snowballs. It was annoying because I was able to adjust fine for random spikes of lag, but invisible platforms and snowballs are another thing. I’m still happy to get past 10 though since it used to take nearly all 30 minutes to complete the puzzle once. It’s amazing how much practice alone can help you improve on something.

Luckily the snowballs run on a fixed timer, so you can actually count down from the Skritt AoE to determine their position.

As for the invisible platforms, you can cope with those too after a while, to some extend. Luckily doesn’t happen too often for me.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m quite proud of my 1

I’m not bad at jump puzzles but this one I find a bit tough.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I made it to the candy cane sticks. That is my personal best. It is better than last year…but I am still more disappointed in me than proud.

Strength.6851

Wow.

fersure people, I thought this would be a small overlooked post. in any case thanks guys for the responses, and yes those invisible boulders are quite annoying. However when i got the 18 NOT one boulder was invisible which was amazing then there was no invisible snowflake platforms.

if you guys don’t really know what i mean by those invisible boulders and snowflakes i have an example over here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djRkLrWPSKg

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My best is currently 11 in one session. Which, yes, I am super proud of. (For those that dont know me, Im awful at jps)

I’m on vacation for the next week, so no gw2 until i get back. Going to try to break that 11 run record as soon as i’m back.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Teaniel.9052

Teaniel.9052

I made it to the candy cane sticks. That is my personal best. It is better than last year…but I am still more disappointed in me than proud.

I was stuck on the candy canes (snowman route) and about to give up, but I decided to go for 30 more minutes and see if I could get it. Wore out my thumb and I still don’t have it, but made a lot of progress. After you get the candy canes down you can get to Tixx consistently, and it’s very satisfying. Try skipping the first one and making the longer jump to the second: it’s closer to the distance between snowflakes and a little easier. Good luck!

We’re going to devote our energies to sports, gardening, all the cultural pursuits;
in fact, we’re going to put the goons to sleep.
Meanwhile – we dig.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I don’t think the puzzle is counted as being ‘won’ until you loot the chest.
I know it did not advance my achievement of my 3 needed until I looted the chest.
As your screenshot shows you didn’t loot the chest yet, your 18 may actually be 19!
Worth looking into as your record may be 1 higher than you think it is.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Strength.6851

I know it did not advance my achievement of my 3 needed until I looted the chest.
As your screenshot shows you didn’t loot the chest yet, your 18 may actually be 19!

I know what you mean as far as the achievement progress records you runs, but when scoring for the board it records how many times you ported into that area with the chest.

Although I did mess up one run really badly, during that 18 run. Meaning I could’ve gotten to 19 if i didn’t kitten that one run.

Posted by: Lanaeris.3845

Lanaeris.3845

Thank you for giving me hope. My personal best is 16, but I suspected you could get higher than that. Time to get more practice in.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I know what you mean as far as the achievement progress records you runs, but when scoring for the board it records how many times you ported into that area with the chest.

Although I did mess up one run really badly, during that 18 run. Meaning I could’ve gotten to 19 if i didn’t kitten that one run.

Gotcha. Haven’t really paid attention to that score before (didn’t even notice that it was there, honestly) so I was not sure when it acknowledged actually completing the JP.

I wish you luck on maybe breaking that 20 barrier before the end of Wintersday!

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

That is impressive. I knew 16 was possible, but kitten

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: kfc.8170

kfc.8170

I hit 15 ;.<

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

I’m quite proud of my 1

I’m not bad at jump puzzles but this one I find a bit tough.

AAAAAMEN. I did it once and I was so kitten surprised.

:o <—- my face when I jumped into the huge gift box full of light.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I just managed 17 today and, like the OP, it was because few others were doing the JP as well. It goes by so much faster when you don’t have to wait for snowflakes or presents to spawn.

It was strange though, the instance started full, then halfway it suddenly dropped to 4 people, and didn’t start adding more people until five minutes were left on the timer.

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

It counts as soon as you get out of loading into chest room. I learned this because I’ve died a few times jumping into the box and dieing while it was loading or just before it about to load. You start the loading about half way down the box

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

in 3 years I havent been able to beat either winter wonderland or mad kings clock tower

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

Winter sucks in Gw2 this year… They didnt re-vamp LA, and just done the left wing of DR as a “make do” section…. That’s so lazy… Bet it’s cause they are focussing on HOT instead… Very disappointed with Wintersday this year.

Strength.6851

Winter sucks in Gw2 this year… They didn’t re-vamp LA, and just done the left wing of DR as a “make do” section…. That’s so lazy… Bet it’s cause they are focussing on HOT instead… Very disappointed with Wintersday this year.

why two posts? I understand you are angry, but no need to make it so apparent. Also yes I believe Wintersday could’ve been focused on a bit more, but it still is fine the way it is. at least there are no invisible boulders anymore.

side note it is possible to get to 18 in a full game XD me and a friend were competing.

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

If you are good at JP’s its easy money making method as you can get roughly 20 gold for every 30-45 mins played. If you are not good at JP’s no biggy just practice over and over sure their will be frustration but you have some time to learn and since it resets you to the start if you fail its not that much of a headache. It helps you getting use to JP’s with HIGH initiatives/profits/ w/e you want to call it at the cost of 1-3 mins per jp. Goodluck everyone!

My Record is 17.

ALSO it would be nice to join in with friends, which they totally dropped the bomb on.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

So that’s what it looks like inside the JP.
How did you get in?

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

How did you get in?

Divinity’s reach good sir all the mini holiday games are available there.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

My personal best this wintersday was 7 minutes.

Open 5 presents.
Combine 3 salvage kits and forge stones in the forge.
Mine the ore nodes in my home instance.
Log out

Ok so maybe less than 7 minutes, but today’s daily was quick!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

15 in one game jus’ to complete the chivo.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

I have a guildmate who hit freaking 20 runs. I don’t even….

I’ve only hit 12 runs so far =/.

Attachments:

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

Posted by: Teaniel.9052

Teaniel.9052

How did you get in?

If you’re having trouble entering the instance itself (like almost everyone) try logging out and guesting on a low-population server. Also, it’s easier to try multiple times in a row by talking to the npc instead of walking through the gate.

We’re going to devote our energies to sports, gardening, all the cultural pursuits;
in fact, we’re going to put the goons to sleep.
Meanwhile – we dig.

Posted by: Operator.6523

Operator.6523

I can get 17 for a semi-optimized run in a full game. I’d say 18 is the max for even the most optimal pathing since you’d have to be lucky that no one is running the same path you are + get lucky at getting to the presents at the right time. Even then I don’t think you have enough time for 18.

not surprised to see 20 since the person probably figured out all the optimal shortcutsg + no wait since it’s solo

(edited by Operator.6523)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Didn’t see a video posted but for those curious about what a fast run looks like. This isn’t me.

Strength.6851

oh man its been some time since my first post, but boy did I get lucky to get a nearly dead server. This was a 20 run with an almost perfect situation ( was mostly waiting for presents to respawn). the only odd thing is that I too only had like 9 seconds

Attachments:

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

6 is the highest I’ve managed so far. I usually seem to get hung up on the presents.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

Only 17 here. Man you guys are crazy.

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I can do 15 if I have a good run. I do the gingerbread path. The snowflakes are easy but you lose times waiting on them to spawn sometimes. The only thing that messes me up is the exploding presents and mostly because of other players. Always get that person who tries to time it. 70 percent of time they go too early and miss but then it triggers the presents to explode too early messing me up.
I have had that bug where you freeze mid jump and fall. Also had this bug where other players seem to body block me. Like they are solid and I can’t pass through them.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I get 17 if I’m on a lower pop instance or one that doesn’t have morons running Gingerbread. I’m usually in the 13-15 range though.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Aidenwolf.5964

I can do 15 if I have a good run. I do the gingerbread path. The snowflakes are easy but you lose times waiting on them to spawn sometimes. The only thing that messes me up is the exploding presents and mostly because of other players. Always get that person who tries to time it. 70 percent of time they go too early and miss but then it triggers the presents to explode too early messing me up.
I have had that bug where you freeze mid jump and fall. Also had this bug where other players seem to body block me. Like they are solid and I can’t pass through them.

You hurt other players running that FYI. Learn Quaggan it’s easy.

It’s hilarious that you who run gingerbread complain about other players exploding gifts…. You do that to other players.

Seriously Tyria, running Gingerbread hurts everyone.

PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have managed to beat my previous best (11) twice. Once with 13. Once with 15. I’ve not been able to do repeat performance of either of those numbers though lol. Oddly, the 15 run session I wasted a crap ton of time chatting at each check point. XD Had I just played (and not screwed up any attempts), I probably could have squeezed it to 17!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

It’s hilarious that you who run gingerbread complain about other players exploding gifts…. You do that to other players.

How does that hurt everyone? I’m one of just many running it. There always lots of ppl running each path.
The only problem I’ve seen on the exploding presents is when that one person leaves a half second early. They usually miss and die but then it starts the presents popping so everyone else dies. I can’t see how saving 0.25 seconds is going to improve the number of runs.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How does that hurt everyone? I’m one of just many running it. There always lots of ppl running each path.
The only problem I’ve seen on the exploding presents is when that one person leaves a half second early. They usually miss and die but then it starts the presents popping so everyone else dies. I can’t see how saving 0.25 seconds is going to improve the number of runs.

There’s an issue where when you reach a certain point on that path that you cause the gifts to start popping as if you had jumped on them.

Aidenwolf.5964

There’s an issue where when you reach a certain point on that path that you cause the gifts to start popping as if you had jumped on them.

Exactly this. 3 year old bug that causes gifts to pop for other players because you ran gingerbread.

It’s a bug Anet should’ve squashed but they haven’t so as a player, be kind, run another path.

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

Winter sucks in Gw2 this year… They didn’t re-vamp LA, and just done the left wing of DR as a “make do” section…. That’s so lazy… Bet it’s cause they are focussing on HOT instead… Very disappointed with Wintersday this year.

why two posts? I understand you are angry, but no need to make it so apparent. Also yes I believe Wintersday could’ve been focused on a bit more, but it still is fine the way it is. at least there are no invisible boulders anymore.

side note it is possible to get to 18 in a full game XD me and a friend were competing.

Because sometimes the Forum locks up and I hit the send button twice, thinking it never goes through the first time?