Wintersday 2016

Wintersday 2016

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Q:

Just a quick question: anyone got a guesstimate for the Wintersday patch’s arrival this year? I’ve got a lot of festive beverages to quaff, and am hoping prices will drop in that period! My daughter is also super excited and has been asking when it starts as she wants to fling snowballs at everyone.

I’m thinking the 13th, going on last year’s release, but would love to hear your thoughts.

(also, sorry if this has come up recently; I will own to being rubbish at searching for stuff here!)

EDIT: Cheers m’dears, for your quick answers! A round of festive spirits to you all!*

*Except, buy your own. I still have a lot of quaffing to do and need every last copper. <3

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

(edited by Ceridwen.6703)

Wintersday 2016

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

A:

Previous Wintersday releases:
14th in 2012
10th in 2013
16th in 2014
15th in 2015

So basically it’s always about 2 weeks in, and always on a Tuesday (as almost all updates are). The 13th seems most likely this year.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Wintersday 2016

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

My guess is the 13th, with an announcement for it on the 6th. My son is also excited for Wintersday; he loves watching me do the JP and enjoys doing the bell choir activity.

Wintersday 2016

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Dunno but I’m really looking forward to the pvp “capture the gift” minigame.

It’s one of the most fun things in this game, such a shame it’s only available for a short time every year. I love the mechanics of each class and it’s really light hearted.

I do hope they add some new songs to Bell Choir – it’s fun but really repetitive at this point.

Wintersday 2016

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

Tuesday of mid-December is the usual pattern for Wintersday. You can look at the countdown timer until the usual patch release hour.