Wintersday Timing

Wintersday Timing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AlbinoSnowWhite.4189

AlbinoSnowWhite.4189

Wintersday, When will it be out ?? All my real decorations are out on my house. I take them down 2 days after Christmas. We are already almost done with the first week of December. I hope they don’t wait to late… Someone told me not till the 20th. Is this true ?; Could the game wait till Christmas is half done before releasing the event ???

(edited by Moderator)

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: LeonLeon.6097

LeonLeon.6097

Wintersday will be here soon

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m looking forward to playing the festive pvp “capture the gift” minigame. I absolutely love playing that and it’s a shame it’s only available for such a short time every year.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It is likely to be next Tuesday since that is the week they are doing the Wintersday community stuff and correlates with the same week it appears every year.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: AlbinoSnowWhite.4189

AlbinoSnowWhite.4189

Dang, So late in the season….. Still nice to hear that it will be before the 20th…

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Past Dates

• 2012: 14 December 12 – 3 January 13 (20 days)
  • 2013: 10 December 13 – 21 January 14 (42 days)
  • 2014: 16 December 14 – 13 January 15 (28 days)
  • 2015: 15 December 15 – 12 January 16 (28 days)

Speculation

• 2016: 13 December 16 – 10 January 17 (28 days)

Pattern

• Start dates: Tuesday, at least two tuesdays before the 25th, no sooner than the second week of December
  • Duration: 28 days the last two years.

That suggests a start date of the 13th this month, lasting until the 10th of January.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey there,

We appreciate your Wintersday spirit! Information on the festival will be coming in the near future. In the meantime, don’t forget our hopes that you will share your arts and crafts on our Creative Corner forums, or on our Tumblr page! We love seeing your creations, your GW2 decorations, and anything you’d like to share. (On Tumblr, please use #GW2FanSubmission as your tag.)

Happy Wintersday… soon™.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Hey there,

We appreciate your Wintersday spirit! Information on the festival will be coming in the near future. In the meantime, don’t forget our hopes that you will share your arts and crafts on our Creative Corner forums, or on our Tumblr page! We love seeing your creations, your GW2 decorations, and anything you’d like to share. (On Tumblr, please use #GW2FanSubmission as your tag.)

Happy Wintersday… soon™.

Tomorrow is Tuesday, the day you usually give us new stuff.

Just sayin’.

joking of course – willing to be (a tiny tiny) bit more patient.

But. that is just speaking for myself. My guild has already started placing snowpiles and holiday trees in the guild hall. I can only hold them back for so long.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Cold weather? What’s that — oh, like under 70 degrees, right. (I live in Arizona)

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I absolutely don’t get the radio silence we get on upcoming events, specifically holiday events. The harm in giving us start and end dates in advance is … ?

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Cold weather? What’s that — oh, like under 70 degrees, right. (I live in Arizona)

My mom also lives in Arizona and it is distinctly cooler there in January as compared to June before the monsoons … I did say for “most” northern sorts. Rabble rabble.

Wintersday Timing

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I absolutely don’t get the radio silence we get on upcoming events, specifically holiday events. The harm in giving us start and end dates in advance is … ?

…. if they are delayed, due to technical issues or other causes, players can feel concern, even get upset. We prefer to give you dates in a reasonable timeframe but with minimal “risk,” as the saying goes.

You’ll be happy to know that you will get both the opening and end date for the Wintersday Festival. I agree with everyone who expressed opinions in the past that it’s very helpful to know the extent of a festival, and it’s my belief we’ll be more forthcoming about end dates in the future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Wintersday Timing

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You’ll be happy to know that you will get both the opening and end date for the Wintersday Festival. I agree with everyone who expressed opinions in the past that it’s very helpful to know the extent of a festival, and it’s my belief we’ll be more forthcoming about end dates in the future.

Excellent. Glad to hear it.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Past Dates

• 2012: 14 December 12 – 3 January 13 (20 days)
  • 2013: 10 December 13 – 21 January 14 (42 days)
  • 2014: 16 December 14 – 13 January 15 (28 days)
  • 2015: 15 December 15 – 12 January 16 (28 days)

Speculation

• 2016: 13 December 16 – 10 January 17 (28 days)

Pattern

• Start dates: Tuesday, at least two tuesdays before the 25th, no sooner than the second week of December
  • Duration: 28 days the last two years.

That suggests a start date of the 13th this month, lasting until the 10th of January.

42 days in 2013-2014??
Oh wow. I hope we get this one as long.
Wintersday is my personally favorite event. GIFTTSSSS

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Wintersday Timing

Illconceived Was Na.9781

42 days in 2013-2014??
Oh wow. I hope we get this one as long.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. I doubt we’ll see similar circumstances again.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Happy St. Nicholas’ Day!!

Best time to fill our placed boots with the Wintersday patch.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

(edited by trixantea.1230)

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

“the Wintersday Festival is returning on December 13th through January 10th

http://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/interviews/a-big-shakeup-is-coming-to-pvp-leagues-with-season-5-1000011376

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: RaptureRabbit.8259

RaptureRabbit.8259

Please…****Bring Back ( Mini Festive Golem), I have been waiting for years to add this little guy to my collection!!!!! I would love the chance to buy a (Mini Festive Golem), to follow me around with all his light bulb colors in Tyria. Please make it happen Thank You<3

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Wintersday, When will it be out ?? All my real decorations are out on my house. I take them down 2 days after Christmas. We are already almost done with the first week of December. I hope they don’t wait to late… Someone told me not till the 20th. Is this true ?; Could the game wait till Christmas is half done before releasing the event ???

2 days after Christmas? pssss in Puerto Rico we still have new years after Christmas, then on January 6 the 3 kings (if that is how you call it in English). After that 8 more days (octavitas) of party and Christmas.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Just announced 30 min. ago: Dec. 13, 2016
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wintersday-2016-is-coming/

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: DeadShotz.7895

DeadShotz.7895

Nice looking Charr and the Ho, Ho tron is a nice touch. Looking forward to getting the gifts, from the events, to finish my drinking title…hicup.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Adzekul.3104

Adzekul.3104

So does this mean Black Lion Chests will be updating again? Will we be getting Wintersday Gifts as the seasonal item, in place of the Frozen Exotic Weapon Fragment?

Some warning before the removal of the Fragment from BL Chests would be nice, IMHO. This is far more useful than a Trick-or-Treat bag, or Wintersday Gift or the usual seasonal items we would expect to see.

Wintersday Timing

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So does this mean Black Lion Chests will be updating again? Will we be getting Wintersday Gifts as the seasonal item, in place of the Frozen Exotic Weapon Fragment?

Some warning before the removal of the Fragment from BL Chests would be nice, IMHO. This is far more useful than a Trick-or-Treat bag, or Wintersday Gift or the usual seasonal items we would expect to see.

(a) don’t expect a warning other than the item will change seasonally
(b) Wintersday Gift seems like an obvious choice. Hopefully, they will consider dropping perhaps 8 or 10 instead of just 1, so that the ‘seasonal drop’ is always something RNG that can be vendored or TP’d for about 30-60 silver. (I wouldn’t bet more than 3 copper on that happening though.)

Wintersday Timing

Randulf.7614

We appear to have only got the start date. No end date on the News blog that I could see.

Wintersday Timing

LanfearShadowflame.3189

We appear to have only got the start date. No end date on the News blog that I could see.

Nope, they didn’t include it in the blog, but it was in the MMORPG article that came out this morning about PvP Season 5. I quoted it several posts above.

Wintersday Timing

Randulf.7614

Nope, they didn’t include it in the blog, but it was in the MMORPG article that came out this morning about PvP Season 5. I quoted it several posts above.

I know, but only a tiny number will see that. Since the blog is linked from the login page, if it is an oversight, better for it to be picked up sooner rather than later.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

I like playing GW2 during the cold winter months especially if there are fun wintersday events. please let winterday come soon and stay a while, I need something to get me through the -20 degree weather when I can’t go outside much.

Wintersday Timing

aandiarie.7195

Or when I get a blizzard and am stuck into my house.

Wintersday Timing

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I know, but only a tiny number will see that. Since the blog is linked from the login page, if it is an oversight, better for it to be picked up sooner rather than later.

Technically, only a tiny portion will even see the post Gaile made stating they would give both the start and end dates. But still, you have a point. Such information should be readily available via their news posts.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Looking forward to Wintersday.

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Sights.2714

Sights.2714

Will we be able to join the holiday activities as groups this year? Should I even bother asking?

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Doubtful. It’s a technical problem.

Wintersday Timing

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Yes, which was not what I expected. However, the news it out there through the MMORPG article, and both dates will appear, I believe, on the release page which goes up the date the festival starts.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Wintersday Timing

aandiarie.7195

Please let us have Wintersday as soon as possible and let it last a while. When the weather dips below -20 F and you are stuck in your house because of blizzards it’s nice to do the wintersday day stuff while drinking hot cocoa and listening to a crackling fire in chimney. Get me through the winter please when it gets closer oh great anet gods.

Wintersday Timing

Previous

Gaile Gray

Please let us have Wintersday as soon as possible and let it last a while. When the weather dips below -20 F and you are stuck in your house because of blizzards it’s nice to do the wintersday day stuff while drinking hot cocoa and listening to a crackling fire in chimney. Get me through the winter please when it gets closer oh great anet gods.

You’ve painted a very pretty seasonal picture there, aandiarie.

Keep warm now!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Wintersday Timing

Randulf.7614

Yes, which was not what I expected. However, the news it out there through the MMORPG article, and both dates will appear, I believe, on the release page which goes up the date the festival starts.

Cool, as long as it is on the release page, then that works. Plenty of time to decorate the Guild Hall!

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Wintersday Timing

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

2 days after Christmas? pssss in Puerto Rico we still have new years after Christmas, then on January 6 the 3 kings (if that is how you call it in English). After that 8 more days (octavitas) of party and Christmas.

For sure! An island with perfect, year-round, temperatures, can HARDLY come up with enough reasons to party!