[Wintersday Gifts] Sale Price Discussion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

People that are not playing Jumping Puzzle must pay high prize for laziness!
———————————————————————
Don’t let them pay less then 8silver!

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Just for that I’m tempted to sell my 2 stacks of 250 a copper each…
posts like these makes me sick…
some people are:
a) unable to complete JP due to physical disabilities
b) unable to complete JP because their hand coordination is just not on par
c) truly truly truly hate JP

Calling it laziness is undeserved and pathetic, their own capabilities or willingness doesn’t impact your own.

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

You do realize prices are going down each day because more and more people lose interest in the shoulderpiece right?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

If you can’t complete the jumping puzzle then you won’t have incentive to buy gifts from the TP, since you need a Wintersday jumping puzzle achieve for the shoulders.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

some people are:

Calling it laziness is undeserved and pathetic, their own capabilities or willingness doesn’t impact your own.

Yep, I for one am enjoying the new non-elitist direction ANet has taken in this years festivals!! /s

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I get lag and fps issues.

Much as I loved jumping, in (offline) platform games, where you could tell exactly where you were jumping and stopped moving when you got there, I do not enjoy trying to jump in online games.

I just don’t think online games are the correct venue for precise jumping, unfortunately.

Not that I’m going for the shoulders, personally, but still.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Agemnon.4608

some people are:

Letter c applies to me and I was able to get the achieve. I’m left handed and still managed to get it even though my left hand was only resting on home row thumbing the space bar for jumps while my right hand was holding down mouse buttons and making fine wrist movements for turning.

With that said there are valid reasons why people can’t finish. Like you said physical disabilities, but also hardware. What if someone’s running an AMD rig and therefore can’t get the FPS needed to accurately gauge jumps? The difference between 20 and 30 is big, 30 and 60 not so much but it’s that extra fine detail you take in from all those frames that really help with snap judgments (such as when to press spacebar).

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

She shoulder piece is a joke. Anet should be ashamed for such a nearly impossible item for a Christmas gift. gift?

Did Ebenezer Scrooge get a job at Anet?

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

some people are:

They can’t create game in favor of people with disability.You have WoW for that,and see where WoW has gone after nerf-ing everything to the ground.If they start making content for people with disability,we would have nothing to play.Some people cant do content at all,due to their issues.Some people cant do Fractals or raids due to their disability…Some people cant do heart because of disability…this game is not meant to be for people with disability.

I feel sorry for those people,because i had to take care of them for one year,and i got to know lots of people in person,but that doesn’t give me for right to ask for MAJOR change,to mess up other people’s game.

People with disability have other game to play,that suits them.

I do not play JP because i do not like them.We did not have jumping in GW,so they decide to make up for big,big,big big failure.

Pepsi.8907

some people are:

Letter c applies to me and I was able to get the achieve. I’m left handed and still managed to get it even though my left hand was only resting on home row thumbing the space bar for jumps while my right hand was holding down mouse buttons and making fine wrist movements for turning.

With that said there are valid reasons why people can’t finish. Like you said physical disabilities, but also hardware. What if someone’s running an AMD rig and therefore can’t get the FPS needed to accurately gauge jumps? The difference between 20 and 30 is big, 30 and 60 not so much but it’s that extra fine detail you take in from all those frames that really help with snap judgments (such as when to press spacebar).

I added C for fact, I hate JP and I actually enjoyed this one (mostly because failing didn’t mean ruining 2 hours of work and dying in a dark pit full of monsters)
Does being left-handed truly impact people’s gameplay? I’m left-handed and never had a problem with any games (closer to ambidextrous than true left-handed, but still…)
I forgot hardware, it is valid, may had a d) somewhere in there too :o

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

OP must have 5000 gifts listed at 11s and is upset. Who knew day 1 prices weren’t sustainable?

#undercutwars2
#supplyanddemand

Though be fair, I am complying with these so-called laziness prevention demands. For now. Mostly out of convenience and laziness though.

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

You do realize prices are going down each day because more and more people lose interest in the shoulderpiece right?

Prices are going down because it’s the weekend and more casual players are doing holiday activities and selling the drinks, along with some who fall for people trying to manipulate the market. Drinks still sell very quickly above 9 silver each, which is only a little less than what they were selling for on Tuesday and right in line with what they were selling for on Wednesday.

Posted by: Mouhappai.5406

Mouhappai.5406

Don’t you guys realize what’s going on? The OP is simply mirroring Anet in what we’re expected to do for this wintersday.

People that are not paying us money for gems must pay high price for stinginess!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Don’t let them get the winter’s presence easily!

Tommyknocker.6089

…snip
They can’t create game in favor of people with disability.You have WoW for that,and see where WoW has gone after nerf-ing everything to the ground.If they start making content for people with disability,we would have nothing to play.Some people cant do content at all,due to their issues.Some people cant do Fractals or raids due to their disability…Some people cant do heart because of disability…this game is not meant to be for people with disability.

I feel sorry for those people,because i had to take care of them for one year,and i got to know lots of people in person,but that doesn’t give me for right to ask for MAJOR change,to mess up other people’s game.

I do not play JP because i do not like them.We did not have jumping in GW,so they decide to make up for big,big,big big failure.

If you look carefully at the forums you will see that many of us don’t want to be handed anything. You will see that, again, many of us want alternate ways of achieving these items.

I don’t personally think it fair that a genius at jumping deserves the item more that say someone that can defeat arah path 4, why not make it an alternative way of getting the item? It might even make some of the dungeon paths more active since they gutted the rewards.

Seriously ANet needs to understand what the word “choices” means, and so do some of the posters here it seems!

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

some people are:

Just for the record, they didn’t ask for a change to the game.

Threatening to sell stuff for a few coppers isn’t a request for a redesign.

WoW didn’t “nerf everything to the ground”, either.

WoW openworld is easy, but that is because the emphasise has been on endgame, for a very long time now and levelling dungeons seem easy, due to heirloom-geared players.

Even if you’re not in heirlooms yourself, those players are effectively carrying you.

As for endgame WoW dungeons – they are not easy until you and/or most other players in the group outgear them.

Same for raids.

They did make LFR too easy, in WoD; but that was, clearly, in an attempt to appease some of the (unappeasable) “hardcore” players, who disapprove of LFR.

Not in an attempt to help disabled players.

That was, obviously, the case, as they also removed most of its rewards.

If they had been trying to help disabled people, they would have made it less challenging, but left its rewards alone.

…and the whole thing was a huge mistake, on their behalf.

Losing half your playerbase is not a good thing.

People need to actually know what they’re talking about, before commenting, rather than just regurgitating totally biased and inaccurate propaganda, they read online, from (perpetually) disgruntled elitists.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Agemnon.4608

some people are:

I added C for fact, I hate JP and I actually enjoyed this one (mostly because failing didn’t mean ruining 2 hours of work and dying in a dark pit full of monsters)
Does being left-handed truly impact people’s gameplay? I’m left-handed and never had a problem with any games (closer to ambidextrous than true left-handed, but still…)

It doesn’t usually come into play but if someone is right handed they’ll have a dexterity advantage over a lefty. Righties are more common (90% of people are righties) so mice tend to assume that. With that said turning the mouse for some subtle camera movement wasn’t a problem for me, so it certainly shouldn’t be a problem for most people. Camera settings (turn camera speed to max and others) are also critical.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

some people are:

A) This game is a casual game, and if you are unable to complete JP, that’s not the worlds problem, then you shouldn’t do it on the first place, you have choirs bell. That’s Just bad excuse on disabled people. Pathetic.
B) Check answer A)
C) Check answer B )

D) If you can grind money for it, then you can do Point C) and work your kitten for it, or pay normal price 8 silver.

“normal price” hahaha, whatever bro. I am going to start selling all mine for like 4silver.

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

Since my reply,i can see people buthurt,because i speak truth.

I was not one who brought people with issues into the topic.

I do not care about GW2 that much,to say no or yes,when comes to change for certain people.

WoW got nerfed as shi* i know because i quited it for that.I have million proofs on wow official forums, game has gone easy mode.I do not care what minority say.It is how majority says,and it was like that since beginning of the time.

Someone said its about choice in game.Well,you have choice to play or not to play next :

Jumping puzzle

Dungeon

Fractal

Raid

Map completion

Full world exploring

Leveling alts,and all professions

See,many many options…and there’s always simple one word choice YES/NO

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Upon further reflection. I have taken the thread’s advice and decided to NOT SELL gifts for under 8s.

Instead, the next 25 gifts I will get will be not sold at all. I’m just going to give them out for free. So next reset, I will give 5 people 5 gifts each. Any takers?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Tommyknocker.6089

Upon further reflection. I have taken the thread’s advice and decided to NOT SELL gifts for under 8s.

Instead, the next 25 gifts I will get will be not sold at all. I’m just going to give them out for free. So next reset, I will give 5 people 5 gifts each. Any takers?

Just try to be sure your first 5 giftees are not named GM, IBM, LEXUS, APPLE, or CHEVRON or they will be selling for more than 8 silver soon enough.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d ask for five but I’m just selling the booze from them anyway. Give them to someone who is scrambling for the shoulders. (Though I won’t say no to some candy canes. It’s vaguely possible I can eat 2500 of those by Jan 12).

Pepsi.8907

Since my reply,i can see people buthurt,because i speak truth.

There is no truth or whatnot in your post, only a belligerent opinion of a self-conceited wannabe elitist.
I’m not kitten, again, I don’t care much about JP and PvE, I did my job and went back to pvp for that wintertrack which is providing to be much more fun than endlessly griding the same event.
If you want to manipulate the market, I have nothing against that (did it myself a few years ago and went close to grab a market, it can be very rewarding if done properly) however, do it yourself and buy everything under 8s to sell it back at a higher price, it’s called flipping…
Don’t make posts about fairness and laziness and other bullkitten asking the community to become as elitist as you and to punish those who cannot or do not want to do the JP, it makes you, frankly, look like an kitten, which is even more reinforced with your idea of “people being kitten because of your truth”
You’re not right and you’re not wrong, it’s your opinion, but you expressed it arrogantly, expressing that they didn’t have the right because they didn’t want to do (or couldn’t do) one single JP…
At least you’re not whining like someone else I’ve seen about not being able to have the pvp legendary because you hate doing pvp…

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If the issue is wintersday gifts, much easier to get them in Toyapocalypse. But without the JP three times there is no way for them to get the shoulder and I think there is one other achievement from the JP. So the OP is being silly.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

What a funny thread. OP thinking that stating stuff like this will impact the prices in a meaningful way and then players getting triggered. Guys, chill :P

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I may be wrong but I’m taking the approach that prices for all Wintersday items are going to drop in value as the festival continues, because the supply will increase rapidly while demand will stay the same or drop off as people complete whatever their personal goals are.

So I’ve been opening presents and selling the contents as fast as I get them, while waiting to buy the items I want until later on. Already I’ve noticed a drop in prices of both the stuff I’m selling (drinks especially) and the stuff I’m waiting to buy – mini snowmen for example have gone from about 75g each on day 1 to about 20g each now.

It might actually be more profitable to sell the gifts, but this way is profitable enough for me, and I like the idea of maybe getting a good drop myself.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We’ve already had supply/demand crossover on the higher price common items that drop from the presents like the drinks and fruit cake. And since the price of the present is going to get tied to the average price of the items it drops, it’ll go down as well. Nature of bags on the TP.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Andromeda.8293

Andromeda.8293

I farmed 8 stacks of presents in the jp so far ~ working towards my shoulders. OP motivates me to give away some presents to random people for free.

Give the gift of random kindness this holiday season and spread joy to random strangers via pixel presents! ^.^

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

I gonna have to disagree in the prices going down sure they will go up and down a bit but you got to look at how many are selling 250 or 50 selling at 6s is not gonna last long and probably be bought by some one reselling them when the event ends that’s gonna cut the supply being brought in daily by 80% the price will go up until next December

Posted by: Laurie.1698

Laurie.1698

Don’t like Jumping puzzles, at all, which is of no consequence because I don’t want the “shoulder” piece so I’ve been giving out my drinks I get to people for free since this started. 10,000 is a lot of drinks. I won’t use them, its a holiday, and I like giving them out! So I guess I would not be listing them for any price. I get more out of giving them away than the gold they might bring, but that’s just me.

“Do not scorn caring and sympathizing, they are the gifts of a gentle heart!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I’m no economic guru but wouldn’t it always be better to wait until long after Wintersday ends to sell the gifts? People may still want to finish things that would otherwise be impossible without these gifts. Then you can name your price.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

+1 to Archon Wing, Andromeda and Pepsi. People like the OP are among the main reason that this game has lost what made it special and was turned into a plattformer with raids and a fancy story as topping.

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

1. i sell my stuff at whatever the hell price i want.

2. I, ‘farm’ the different events i can do to get the gifts whenever i feel like it, so it’s MY decision what i do with them and for how much i sell them.

3. i’m not disabled at all and i tried doing the JP several times and only succeeded once.

Tried a few more but gave up on the rediculous and tedious way it’s setup. Most, if not all, JP’s you can pause to get your bearings, but this one you can’t, and failing time and time again near the end or because something disappears in front of me or because there’s so many ppl doing it all at once you can’t even SEE where you jump, well, that’s just a bummer.

I’m not against JP’s or events at all, but in my own personal opinion, this wintersday sucks big time in the entertainment department. It’s only good to make some cash on the side (although SW farm is equally if not more profitable).

Sorry ANET, but you fail big time in your events. A holliday event like this should be about fun and enjoyment for the end-of-year festivities, yet you manage to either :

1. upset a lot of ppl with your 10K drinks crap (which you then ‘correct’….)
2. frustrate those that can’t either do the JP or aren’t any good at timed things
3. allow some to ‘farm’ an event (snowball mayhem f.i.) by exploiting it in some way.

Somehow, i’m not surprised to see someone like the OP posting this here. It’s kind of inline with your current philosophy, whatever that may be. Most of us (ingame, not forums, those are the minority) stopped caring a while back like you seemed to with your rediculous ‘balance patches’ and ‘visual clutter’ obsession.

They only make me pity the OP for being what he/she is. I can be reprimanded for calling someone an idiot, they won’t for calling players ‘lazy’. Go figure.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

some people are:

you forgot

d) “the world is full” -_-

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

hmm, oh now you got me, absolutely forgot that today is sunday lol.
K, till tomorrow

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Today I was lazy for 2.5 hours trying that JP. I got as far as the peppermint sticks a few times.
But worry not, I will not be buying gifts.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Then how do they play the rest of the game when its just basic movement skills in JP I wonder?

Its rather sickening the lengths people will go in order to minimize effort for a petty item.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

some people are:

It doesn’t usually come into play but if someone is right handed they’ll have a dexterity advantage over a lefty. Righties are more common (90% of people are righties) so mice tend to assume that. With that said turning the mouse for some subtle camera movement wasn’t a problem for me, so it certainly shouldn’t be a problem for most people. Camera settings (turn camera speed to max and others) are also critical.

I’m a lefty too, but I wouldn’t say that it makes any difference in movement or while operating the camera. After more than 16 years of using a mouse you either get used to it, or you could still buy a lefty mouse. I’ve even seen lefty mice for gamers. (Using a standard one though)

As for the OP – Your post speaks of greed and intolerance towards those who can’t do the JP. (No matter why). Not to forget that there are many ways to get your hands on presents. The JP is only the fastest way for the ’Pro’s’.
And then… If you don’t have any other issues at this time of year, I feel sorrow for you, nothing more. People defining themselves through their ‘achievements’ in a game are very, very sad beings.

Trahearne <3

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Then how do they play the rest of the game when its just basic movement skills in JP I wonder?

They can take their time in most other places, including most other JPs. I’m betting they take fall damage traits and go with tankier stats, too.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

They can take their time in most other places, including most other JPs. I’m betting they take fall damage traits and go with tankier stats, too.

traits don’t really help with require keypresses which is what people are trying to be argued here.

Sure there are legitimate issues for people for which I would not doubt if they contect anet directly would be helped out, but we all know what really happening here is people trying to ride their coat-tails for free passes which is pretty gross.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

hmm, oh now you got me, absolutely forgot that today is sunday lol.
K, till tomorrow

The old ‘switcharoo’! Hehe!

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

some people are:

i truly truly truly hate jp.
but i still can do 3 rounds of it.

some people need to understand that they cannot have everything.

Posted by: Tatwi.3562

Tatwi.3562

some people are:

It’s a frickin’ game that we paid for. A game… that we paid for.

I’m sorry, I don’t see why everyone who bought the game can’t have equal access to all of its content.

It’s a game, not some show of personal worth, etc. lol… If someone wants snowy shoulders, woo, give them snowy shoulders lol…

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

some people are:

It’s a frickin’ game that we paid for. A game… that we paid for.

I’m sorry, I don’t see why everyone who bought the game can’t have equal access to all of its content.

It’s a game, not some show of personal worth, etc. lol… If someone wants snowy shoulders, woo, give them snowy shoulders lol…

everyone have equal access to jp.
and the winter’s presence shoulders.

everyone.

Palador.2170

traits don’t really help with require keypresses which is what people are trying to be argued here.

Sure there are legitimate issues for people for which I would not doubt if they contect anet directly would be helped out, but we all know what really happening here is people trying to ride their coat-tails for free passes which is pretty gross.

Traits and tougher stats help to play the rest of the game with slower or bad reflexes, which is a question YOU asked. More likely to fall? Take fall damage reduction. Less likely to dodge in time? Trade in some damage so you can take the hit.

And if the JP is required for everyone else, just how do you expect ANet to help them out? Portal them to the end of the JP and tell everyone else they have to do it even if they don’t like JPs? That wouldn’t go over very well.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

everyone have equal access to jp.
and the winter’s presence shoulders.

everyone.

This is one of those statements that makes perfect sense at first glance, but if you stop to think about it for half a second, it’s complete nonsense.

If you look at the situation in a vacuum, and in terms of raw requirements, sure they are exactly the same for everyone. But in reality, the “access” is not equal at all. People vary in anything from skill level to unspent gold. The guy who rocks JPs all day long and is sitting on 8k gold has a bit of an advantage on the guy who has made faceplanting an art and can’t seem to keep more than 5 gold at once.

They aren’t even in the same universe. First guy is getting those shoulders yesterday. Second will be lucky if he gets a quarter of the way done before next year is out.

These are extremes for comparison, of course. Most are gonna fall closer to the middle. But to say it’s equal? Not in a million years. The closest you can get to equality for a game like this is to make requirements that play on the strengths of as many different skillsets as possible, without making you be good at any more than one. The leveling process is a good example of this, since you can get XP from most aspects of the game at a relatively equal pace.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

And if the JP is required for everyone else, just how do you expect ANet to help them out? Portal them to the end of the JP and tell everyone else they have to do it even if they don’t like JPs? That wouldn’t go over very well.

I do believe the point is that JPs should not be required of anyone for this type of thing or that there should be an alternative task to complete.

Palador.2170

I do believe the point is that JPs should not be required of anyone for this type of thing or that there should be an alternative task to complete.

Agreed. I’m attempting to shoot down someone’s argument against such a change.

Tommyknocker.6089

I would find this discussion funny if it were not for the posters that are being serious!

GW2 used to have a much more helpful community (not perfect) that, up until recently, liked to help it’s fellow players. Not it seems the motto of the game is “stick it to em, for they are lazy and deserve to be spit upon”. Pathetic. And all it would have taken is for their to be more than one path to completion.

Oh and someone asked what is the difference between jumping and regular combat. The answer of course is the empty air between you and your next jump. I can fight just fine on a level playing field, but make me have to jump from one platform to another and I will always fall (usually sooner than later). And honestly I did not sign up for Mario Wars 2, so I don’t bother with them as they are frustrating and NOT fun. And to the helpful fellow that says I have the “choice” to not play, you are right, and I find myself doing less and less of it lately.

I do however refuse to judge others on their abilities no matter what those abilities are in GW2, and I try to help them when I can, but apparently that makes me a outsider now. I am not enjoying this new flavor of GW2 in the least!

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Its rather sickening the lengths people will go in order to minimize effort for a petty item.

You joking? I can play this game with one finger.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m a lefty too, but I wouldn’t say that it makes any difference in movement or while operating the camera. After more than 16 years of using a mouse you either get used to it, or you could still buy a lefty mouse. I’ve even seen lefty mice for gamers. (Using a standard one though)

I’m left-handed too, using a right-handed mouse and I’ve completed the jumping puzzle about 40 times this year, and at least once every previous year.

The only change I had to make was rebinding jump to \ because it’s more comfortable to reach that +WASD using my right hand. But I’d done that back when the game came out, not specifically for this puzzle.

(I also use the action camera so I don’t have to hold down the mouse button, but that’s more to avoid RSI than anything specifically related to being left-handed.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”