Wintersday Jumping puzzle (VERY ANNOYING BUG)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SirPuddlesworth.6783

SirPuddlesworth.6783

Recently I have been encountering a bug in the Wintersday jumping puzzle (JP), right after the exploding presents there is a jump then a long candy cane, i keep taking massive damage over time, it is very unexpected, and usually results in me being killed before I can even get half way across the candy cane to where the giant snowballs are. This very annoying bug is stopping me from getting my 15 completed jumps for my ‘Adept Toymaker’ Title, it is now seeming illusive and something that i’m going to miss out on again. Anet please look into this and fix it. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Recently I have been encountering a bug in the Wintersday jumping puzzle (JP), right after the exploding presents there is a jump then a long candy cane, i keep taking massive damage over time, it is very unexpected, and usually results in me being killed before I can even get half way across the candy cane to where the giant snowballs are. This very annoying bug is stopping me from getting my 15 completed jumps for my ‘Adept Toymaker’ Title, it is now seeming illusive and something that i’m going to miss out on again. Anet please look into this and fix it. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I had this. I think it’s that silly “falling” damage bug. You know, where you fall down a small slope and take some damage, but if you keep running forward you keep taking falling damage even though you are just running. If you stop though, you heal back up.

This has been around for as long as I can remember – it’s super annoying.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

SirPuddlesworth.6783

I had this. I think it’s that silly “falling” damage bug. You know, where you fall down a small slope and take some damage, but if you keep running forward you keep taking falling damage even though you are just running. If you stop though, you heal back up.

This has been around for as long as I can remember – it’s super annoying.

it is very annoying, it seems to be happening regularly, i am slowly getting there, though i do hope this gets fixed at some point!

Posted by: Peckhead.9230

Peckhead.9230

The achievement for completing Winter Wonderland 15 times is not required to complete the meta achievement and earn your title. This is because it’s one of the repeatable achievements.

Also, are you sure its not the icy wind that blows just before the candy cane? It sounds more like the falling damage bug, though, because the wind should knock you off the edge and not just deal damage.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

It’s the falling damage bug.
As soon as I jump into the candy cane, I stop moving forward for a brief second and then perform a couple of leaps to cross it. There’s probably a easier way to do it, but this method seems 100% free of bug.

Posted by: Nomad.7654

Nomad.7654

If you wish to counter this bug, simply dodgeroll onto the mint and walk off onto the cane

You
1. Avoid the Snowman wind knockback
2. Neglect the jump/fall bug

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and increase the likelyhood of survival and perfect runs almost everytime.

SirPuddlesworth.6783

If you wish to counter this bug, simply dodgeroll onto the mint and walk off onto the cane

You
1. Avoid the Snowman wind knockback
2. Neglect the jump/fall bug

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and increase the likelyhood of survival and perfect runs almost everytime.

Thanks this worked!