Wintersday gift inside blacklionchest

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DerJoker.9081

DerJoker.9081

Q:

At what time will the Personal Wintersday Presents disappear from Blacklionchests?

I´d like to open them with my keys, but i have no interest in recieving any wintersday items. I thought they would be removed with the end of wintersday, but they still are 1 of 3 items inside the blacklionschests.
Ty

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

A:

There will always be a seasonal item. Right now it’s Wintersday. They haven’t said when or how often they’ll change it up. My guess it will be when they release a new map/Living story section or have a new holiday.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

the 1 in 3 item will always cycle seasonally, now it’s the wintersday one, but once they change it it will be something else, so you’re never supposed to get 3 rolls on items.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Lunar New Year will likely start on the 24th, changing it to a Lucky Envelope. They’ll probably have something for Valentine’s, then episode 4, likely on February 21st, then SAB on April 1st.

(edited by Healix.5819)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There have been three variations on the ‘seasonal drop’ since it was introduced:

• ToT bags, which launched with Halloween 2016 (22 Oct – 8 Nov) and continued for another two weeks.
  • Frozen Exotic Weapon Fragments, which were introduced 22 Nov, with LS3.3+Bitterfrost
  • Large Personalized Wintersday Gift, which were added 13 Dec and are still present.

Here’s the pattern so far:

• A new ‘seasonal drop’ each month
  • The start date always coincides with a major release: both festivals and a living story episode.
  • The end date always coincides with the start of something new, not the end of anything else.

It seems likely that pattern will continue at least once more, since it’s still January and Lunar’s New Year in the real world starts in January. It seems possible that the pattern will continue in February, since there’s always a Valentine’s Day-related patch.

If something happens in March, then the pattern seems likely to continue through April, when SAB launches. And after that, well, I rely on that astute observer of all things ANet, the special consultant from Dagobah:

Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Chad.6104

My guess is that the each new Living Story release will have the Frozen Exotic Weapon Fragments, at least until after the next expansion, with Holidays having their own item. So I’m expecting it to switch between Holiday and the current Living Story items as each comes up.

Posted by: Fornax.7928

Fornax.7928

Please make these season items an addition, not a replacement of a rng slot.
Its bad enough with all the rng on dye and chests, let alone having a fixed item which imho has rubbish rewards.

“So what if the universe is a pointless mass of hydrogen refuse powered by
entropy. I’m spreading ketchup on a rubber duck, and after that I’m going
to brush its teeth. So there.”-

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Please make these season items an addition, not a replacement of a rng slot.
Its bad enough with all the rng on dye and chests, let alone having a fixed item which imho has rubbish rewards.

You are mistaken. The festival item does not replace an rng slot. It replaces a fixed slot. What that fixed slot previously had every time you opened a chest was a booster. On Nov 1st boosters were taken out of the BLC and a festival item was put in its place.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My guess is that the each new Living Story release will have the Frozen Exotic Weapon Fragments, at least until after the next expansion, with Holidays having their own item. So I’m expecting it to switch between Holiday and the current Living Story items as each comes up.

I’m not sure each Living World Season 3 Episode release will have Frozen Exotic Weapon Fragments, unless each successive map has a frozen section with the requisite Vendor.

Otherwise, it might be considered Pay-to-Win as it would ‘force’ players to purchase Episode 3. (I understand that might be a minority of players [game new-purchasers/returning players], at first, but knowing the playerbase, it would be and issue that would be discussed.)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What if LS3.4 and Lunar New Year’s start together? What about what happens next November? will it still be FEWF or something new?

Regardless, I’m 99% sure the seasonal drops have already been established for the next 3 months, if not the entire 12 months of the year. We’ll find out with each patch.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Chad.6104

I’m not sure each Living World Season 3 Episode release will have Frozen Exotic Weapon Fragments, unless each successive map has a frozen section with the requisite Vendor.

Otherwise, it might be considered Pay-to-Win as it would ‘force’ players to purchase Episode 3. (I understand that might be a minority of players [game new-purchasers/returning players], at first, but knowing the playerbase, it would be and issue that would be discussed.)

It forces people to purchase HoT to use these items so its already p2w if you’re going to use that argument.
Since we will be heading further north closer and closer to Jormag I’m sure the areas we will be going into will be icy and Frozen Weapon Fragments will remain relevant.
I don’t see why a vendor would be needed in each map. Why can’t they go to the vendor that’s already in game? Is there some reason why it would need multiple vendors?

Chad.6104

What if LS3.4 and Lunar New Year’s start together? What about what happens next November? will it still be FEWF or something new?

Regardless, I’m 99% sure the seasonal drops have already been established for the next 3 months, if not the entire 12 months of the year. We’ll find out with each patch.

I would guess Holidays would have dibs and a set item will be used in between holidays, in this case the Frozen Weapon fragments. Resusing the fragments means they don’t have to come up with new blc seasonal items, vendors and items you can buy with them every time they switch out. They can use the Fragments all the way through the next expansion until it’s time to start another Living Story season.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The fragments have a 50s vendor value, so HoT/S3 isn’t required. They likely won’t come back outside of the winter season, if at all. If they were going to use them as filler, chances are they’d offer seasonal variants, such as charred fragments in the summer.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

It forces people to purchase HoT to use these items so its already p2w if you’re going to use that argument.
Since we will be heading further north closer and closer to Jormag I’m sure the areas we will be going into will be icy and Frozen Weapon Fragments will remain relevant.
I don’t see why a vendor would be needed in each map. Why can’t they go to the vendor that’s already in game? Is there some reason why it would need multiple vendors?

The current lack of a pattern in the 3 new zones we’ve seen this season suggests that farther north and closer to Jormag may not happen this season at all. Unless you know something we don’t.

Chad.6104

The current lack of a pattern in the 3 new zones we’ve seen this season suggests that farther north and closer to Jormag may not happen this season at all. Unless you know something we don’t.

I did forget about that. As suggested above by Healix.5819 they could use Charred Fragments at other times. They could use the same things you can buy but with a different vendor and alternate between the two Fragments as the story progresses.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

At what time will the Personal Wintersday Presents disappear from Blacklionchests?

Today