Wintersday tonic collecter

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Im not sure if this should go here or in the living story section but i am really annoyed at the collection achievement for the endless tonics. I LOVEEE tonics and have quite a few including the endless wintersday tonic which transforms me into every single one of those things. I dont want to get each individual tonic when i have one that is already better than them. Wouldn’t it be nice if for wintersday anet also made it so that the endless wintersday tonic gave you that collection achievement? Or do you guys think the point of a collection is to collect a bunch of things and my complaint is silly?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The specific toy tonics are account bound, the endless toymaker tonic is not, a mayor difference.

But after you craft them, you can throw 4 different ones in the mystic forge and will get either the tonic back that you didnt use, the endless toymaker tonic or the endless gift dolyak tonic.
IF you get one of the 2 latter, you ca nsell them on the tp.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

There’s a tonic collection?? How do you unlock it?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Its a collection. If you only need one thing to trigger it, not much of a collection at all.

Plus, I don’t think it would even work with the coding. I assume the way the collections work is that it triggers on use of the tonic, when the game detects you’ve consumed it. Not when you happen to take the form of a random Wintersday thing. So the game would detect you using an Endless Wintersday Tonic, not a Princess Doll Tonic or whatever.

But yah, I second Khani’s question. How do you unlock this collection in the first place? I know the patch notes mentioned 3 new collections (and I assume this is one) but I’ve only found a way to unlock the Toy Weapon one.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

There’s a tonic collection?? How do you unlock it?

i bought the item which unlocks it on the tp for a fistful of copper.

Its called fancy holiday tonic cabinet or so.
Heirloom toy chest to unlock to toy weapon skin collection is available from ugly cloth trader or on the tp also.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.