Wishlist 2014

Wishlist 2014

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Roxtorf.9623

Roxtorf.9623

Pretty sure this has been done by a million players so I will keep it short, hoping some developers might read it. I am an experienced gw2-player, 13k AP, legendary, 3000h played, all classes lvl80 and so on. Mostly pve, dungeons, wvw, no pvp exp, so I leave that blank on my wishlist.

Please dont overreact to anything, these are just some IDEAS and I think most are worth considering.

1) Fix loopholes in dungeons. No blinking through walls. I would even go so far to say that skipping and avoiding dmg by stacking and stuff like that is close to an exploit, because it is meant to be different… there should be a way to fix this.

2) Raidleader-instances. A commander (or pve-raidleader) can open an instance for “global events” like tequatl, worms, marionette, … and invite players with a password or his squad gets invitation. This is to avoid trolls and so on or to get one event for the ppl on teamspeak instead of getting messed up by random trolls. It is totally frustrating to organize stuff and then a few trolls mess it up by not listening to anything and 130 are kittened off afterwards.

3) Armory in your home instance: Some place to deposit skins. A skin once “achieved” can be taken out and used on any piece of armor. Just like this skins you get for achievement points.
Homezone-portal scroll would be nice, too!

4) Difficulty system like fractals for any dungeon (not necessarily with agony, but mob / boss difficulty raises to get more drop chances). Titles or skins for achieved difficulties…

5) Hardcore-mode-chars

6) Commander-title is accountbound, not bound to char.

7) Save and restore traits functionality: quickly change your builds. Would be perfect if you could also change the gear-set with the build. Like a “save this build and gear”-button…

8) Make pve more challenging: More different mob mechanics (like invulnerable to direct dmg, splitting if not killed in a certain time, …) to make all kind of playstyles necessary to defeat them. Ppl should get used to really work hard for getting somewhere. A lot of players are too “spoiled”: dungeons are exploited, open world pve is doable without any movement abilities, any build or weapon can reach anything… it is just too easy and when it comes to hard stuff ppl fail. They should get used to getting better with their chars, because it is necessary

9) “Community wardens”: This is just a quickshot, but I am thinking of something like karma on reddit. If you do stuff that is good for “cooperative playing” like leading raids, behaving in a good way, ppl can “upvote” you. Each player gets a certain number of upvotes a day. To avoid “saving upvotes” you can “remember a player for later” and then spend the upvotes before logging off. Players with lots of upvotes get some special “community warden abilities” that enable them to handle trolls. They would be something like the forum mods within the game… To avoid the wardens misbehaving there should be a downvote possibility for them as well. This is just a quickshot, but I think sth like this would help a lot.

10) No soulbound superior runes. Maybe even no soulbound items at all? Just accountbound?

11) Colors are for the account, not for the char. Just like skins (see “armory”).

12) More skinvariety, e.g. via crafting. For example there is just 1 pair of trousers as a “light” skin (ascalon dungeon trousers), anything else looks like skirts.

13) More permanent content. More dungeons. A raid-dungeon! Dungeons for 2 grps or even more with clever boss mechanics!

14) All world bosses as complex as tequatl is now. The others are like beta-worldbosses. Just some fears or knockdowns preventing that you go AFK while fighting them… yawn.

15) Dungeons can be “inherited” to another player: if the guy opening it has dc you should be able to votekick him to get a new player and go on.

16) structures = mobs? I think it is weird that you do different dmg to structures compared to mobs. Why do you need elementalists frostbows to get a structure down, but rangers longbow skill 5 doesnt do the same dmg?

17) Ingame-Event-Timer: Everyone uses addons for timers. This should be an ingame feature.

18) Minipets can be chose like finishers: Not like collectibles, you always can switch them while you are running around.

19) Housing: I talked about the armory. But housing in general should be pushed forward. Gardening… stuff to hang to the walls… like trophies… carpets… a kitchen for cooking…

20) Guild halls. Nothing more to be said about this.

I could go on forever, but these are the first things that came to my mind. I do not know if anyone from arenanet reads this, but IF they do, a little feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your attention,
Rox

(edited by Roxtorf.9623)

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

^ I like everything except #9

R.I.P Kumu <3

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

1) new game .

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Lengradde.2967

Lengradde.2967

1) For ANet to actually read the suggestions forums instead of giving us the middle finger.

2) If they can’t accomplish something as simple as giving us real antialiasing settings, and have ignored the topic since launch, why would we even bother with lists?

(edited by Lengradde.2967)

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Maverick Holix.1382

Maverick Holix.1382

yea new game gw3

twitch.tv/maverick_holix

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

1. Proper ‘sort’ function for bag/bank. Stacks duplicates and groups items together.

2. Weapon switching for Ele’s.

3. Less people saying the word “meta”

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

1. Get rid of the overflow server implementation (scrap it). Either implement districts like GW1, or have all new massive events as selective instances that rely on grouping by guild.
  2. All new massive events should be startable from a pre-quest instead of these long wait times.
  3. FIX the bugs. e.g. Mesmer class has the most bugs of any class (over a dozen and most have existed for over 6 months). This is totally unacceptable. I would forgo the 2 week content update cycle for at least a month in which just the bugs were fixed.
  4. Update the action/trait descriptions there are still many inconsistencies present in all the classes rendering them confusing.
  5. (this is in anticipation for what is coming in March). DO NOT hamper zerker spec, but instead fix conditions to better scale in pve vs. pvp. Make pvp skills and traits totally independent from those in pve. Armor and weapons are independent so why aren’t skills and traits? Also fix confusion to work in pve.

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think ‘Community Wardens’ is a terrible idea. Just the idea of calling someone that might be new or inexperienced or not up to your standards a ‘troll’ is exactly why this would be a bad idea.

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

1. Arenanet needs to get rid of this idea that living story has to be mutually exclusive from a expansion pack. In my opinion living story should be a filler between expansion used to tell alot of smaller stories while an actual expansion could take care of the big picture and introduce new zones, dungeons, skills, etc. I personally would be more than willing to pay $30 or even more if the expansion was particularly good.
2. If the gem store didn’t rely so much on RNG items I would be willing to spend more money on stuff like cool skins etc. But when you have a 2% chance of getting a ticket from a black lion chest at 125 gems a key, why should I even try when you need 5 tickets for a skin?
3. Make conditions unique to each player, I’m not sure why the combat system limits conditions to 25 stack max or for burns, poison etc 1 stack max. I don’t think it would be a tech limitation as other games such as WoW do not have stack limits.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

new dungeons with fun mechanics like cobalt worm, or that big robot in “whatever” fractal etc. etc.

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

CAN I PLEASE please i beg you ANet, have at least some of these housing features in Guild Wars 2 ?! Please!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79OQLtjoF4k

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Alot of your points are about making it harder.

This isn’t for everyone, if you have a suggestion on how to make it harder that doesn’t affect casual players, ..til then, I disagree. It’s a casual team orientated game.

If you want harder, do dungeons with less people.

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Ayanamy.6932

Ayanamy.6932

New weapon combinations for current professions.

Customizable legendary weapons.

Custom Overflows for guilds / raids (+ large raid party option).

Customizable Player housing.

2v2 / 3v3 Arenas and new Game modes.

And finally – Please don’t listen to whines about difficulty from our “casual” players. Boss fights like Marionette and Wurms are amazing and I wish there was more of them.

That also applies to Liadri.. I would love to see more of “Hard” solo content..

and pretty much everything said in OP.

XtN – Yashin [tDo]

(edited by Ayanamy.6932)

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

1. I agree with that,but if stacking is a “playstyle” used by groups that wouldn’t be a problem.Ofc stacking to get some certain bosses to not use some skills aka glitches must be fixed.
2.No need to split up the community even more.(you seem to call everyone that interfere with anything you do,a troll)
3.Isn’t what the Transmutation Stones/Crystal are for.
4.No,they already answered,no need to split the community even more and i agree.
5.Hardcore mode chars…you might play the wrong game.
6.I agree.
7.Not a bad ideea.
8.PvE stuff is like a Tutorial and that should not be hard.We have world bosses,certain dungeons for what you want.
9.There is no way someone should have any power over other players.
10.Soulbound is required for more gold sink and for more time loss = the game is played more.
11.same as 10
12.Skin variety is always good.
13.I agree.
14.I think it’s ok the way it is,some hard and some not so hard bosses.
15.I agree on some degree,not if someone dc to kick him,if the dung opener leaves than someone else is the “hoster”.
16.It’s ok the way it is.
17.Not an issue…
18.We have many finishers.
19.I prefer to see players in the maps…not everyone in his house…making the game seem abandoned,and i don’t see a real use for that.Played other games with a housing system,even bought a bigger house,etc. but a house has no real importance to the game.
20.Guild Halls…I am a guild leader and i might like this…but i still think,better not splitting the community that much.

What i would like is some kind of guild medals or something like that,to be added near the guild tag,maybe some guild weekly/monthly,to kill certain bosses like tequatl,certain dunegons etc. to get points for that and after finishing the weekly/monthly to get a medal based on the score(score can be calculated based on the participating members) That will show how active a guild is and will make members to work together.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

(edited by Nury.3062)

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Last Man Standing sPVP match type.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: darkfiremew.5937

darkfiremew.5937

More jokes in each release. There’s too much drama.
Reintroduce some of the old races/old groups and update us on what they’ve been doing.

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Guild vs Guild Arenas
Guild Halls
More Guild missions
New WvW maps (not just 1 —> half a dozen)
More difficult Guild missions
Longer Guild missions
Capes
Merging of all servers

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Cantha
Cantha
More Cantha
Oh and Elona would be nice too.

Besides those two things, a proper wardrobe system, a better way of getting ascended gear, GvG, GW1 style missions with up to 8 players, Underworld type area, new races (Largos please), and a new ritualist and/or dervish profession.

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Mainly that the forums give more info on the ppl posting such as last time played gw2 so we can see the ppl who not played for months on end yet keep posting very random saying over and over.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

I disagree indeed some don’t play the game and they are here just to trol. But many of us are complaining etc. Because we think many things must change to make the game better

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Wishlist 2014

Posted by: Gallows.4318

Gallows.4318

Stacking in dungeons is absolutely lame. I just do it for the rewards. Once in a while I find a party with “no stacking” in the party description and it’s fun.

AN needs to fix content (including WvW), so stacking isn’t viable. In WvW it isn’t as bad, as it’s a lot more dynamic and we move around a lot.

But stacking is the single most stupid thing in GW2.