Wishlist for future Expansions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noktus.8506

Noktus.8506

If I’ve observed anything from Anet, it’s that they’re not afraid to rethink their original design choices. An example of this is how it’s been recently said by one of the PvP devs that he was strongly interested in the idea of open world pvp, even though this was intentionally avoided when the game first launched. In a recent interview (which I’m having a hard time sourcing), Anet mentioned “We never say never” so as to insinuate that anything’s possible, regardless of past ideologies and stances. So, that being said, let’s get to it.

Naval Combat

Water gameplay isn’t new to Gw2. A large portion of Gw2’s maps include vast expanses of ocean. Even enemy ships arise from the depths during certain World events. Wouldn’t it be neat-o to command your own ship, and make the enemy ships interactable so we can actually battle it? Even new maps can be created for such a feature, just as new maps have been created for the Glider mastery. Speaking of masteries, why not make Ship Mastery a thing? If not for every single player, perhaps for those with a Commander pin, or Guild leaders? Those without such prerequisites can occupy the ship as co-captains, man the cannons, repairs, etc. Those without rights to own a ship can perhaps instead have rowboats to traverse the waters themselves at faster speeds, but at the cost of the defense and hp a guild ship would provide. New ocean-centric world bosses can be created for this feature as well. This could also prove to be a great pvp mode in WvW and spvp alike. Separate maps with large ocean waters for guild ships to go head to head.

What are your wishes for the future of Gw2?

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Let’s just finish our current expansion first

Noktus.8506

I never understood this mentality from a consumer’s standpoint. We’re not the devs, we’re not wasting anyone’s time thinking about the future. Why end a potentially impactful discussion just because it’s looking ahead? We have nothing to finish. We’re the consumers, we have ideas and discussions about what we’re passionate for.

(edited by Noktus.8506)

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

I never understood this mentality from a consumer’s standpoint. We’re not the devs, we’re not wasting time thinking about the future. Why end a potentially impactful discussion just because it’s looking ahead? We have nothing to finish. We’re the consumers, we have ideas and discussions about what we’re passionate for.

+1 for this reaction, I think it is healthy for us but also for the devs to keep further future ideas up at any situation.

Next to that I’dd love to see this, but they would have to give underwater combat itself a big overhaul first imo.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

As long as they continue to not try making water combat a thing, we’re good.

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Well i’d love to get a new race to play around with, maybe tengu or largos.

Oh and +1 to the UWcombat overhaul

Noktus.8506

I never understood this mentality from a consumer’s standpoint. We’re not the devs, we’re not wasting time thinking about the future. Why end a potentially impactful discussion just because it’s looking ahead? We have nothing to finish. We’re the consumers, we have ideas and discussions about what we’re passionate for.

+1 for this reaction, I think it is healthy for us but also for the devs to keep further future ideas up at any situation.

Next to that I’dd love to see this, but they would have to give underwater combat itself a big overhaul first imo.

Agreed, underwater combat in it’s current state is sort of dead.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I never understood this mentality from a consumer’s standpoint. We’re not the devs, we’re not wasting anyone’s time thinking about the future. Why end a potentially impactful discussion just because it’s looking ahead? We have nothing to finish. We’re the consumers, we have ideas and discussions about what we’re passionate for.

And with that out of the way…

I like the naval combat, personally I think airship combat could be even better. on the subject of boats the only real considerations is how to implement it in the game. Since the maps are all instanced I don’t think an archeage style boat mechanics would work (not that I’ve played Archeage but I did watch a youtube video so I guess that the same :P ).
So likely this would be integrated into WvW, PvP or GvG. All of which would be a instanced space where two or more teams go at it. This takes away a bit from the ‘cool factor’ since in this case it’s little more than a fancy WvW or PvP map. The ideal implementation would be having a true open world where it would be possible to accidentally run into other players, choose to engage or retreat etc.

Noktus.8506

And with that out of the way…

I like the naval combat, personally I think airship combat could be even better. on the subject of boats the only real considerations is how to implement it in the game. Since the maps are all instanced I don’t think an archeage style boat mechanics would work (not that I’ve played Archeage but I did watch a youtube video so I guess that the same :P ).
So likely this would be integrated into WvW, PvP or GvG. All of which would be a instanced space where two or more teams go at it. This takes away a bit from the ‘cool factor’ since in this case it’s little more than a fancy WvW or PvP map. The ideal implementation would be having a true open world where it would be possible to accidentally run into other players, choose to engage or retreat etc.

I fully agree with everything you said. I even considered including my thoughts on airships as well, but figured I’d leave my OP to Naval combat alone. I agree that this would be best implemented in either instanced, large worlds such as a separate borderland in WvW or a spvp game mode. As for open world implementation for the PvE aspect of it, A new map entirely would probably be best over simply adding it to ocean space in current Tyria. That being said, there are a lot of coasts in wich empty waters cannot be accessed due to technically being out-of-map borders. Should these borders be removed, however, we have a whole new playing field. Perhaps an entry portal which can only be passed through with a ship, requiring players to own ships to gain access to the location.

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

Now that we know most of what will be seen in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, it would be cool to start up a little wishlist of all the things we’d like to see in the next expansion. I know one isn’t confirmed but they said there would be future specializations for characters at some point (I presume in another expansion or update), and GW1 had multiple expansions during the span of it’s life.

Obviously, there’s been some outrage about cut features, or promises that weren’t kept, and a few seemingly obvious additions that would have made sense but were overlooked, but this isn’t about HoT-Hate, after all, HoT is a launching pad for potential expansions down the line.

What would the community like to see in the future? more classes being added? more choices of specializations? races like Tengu and Kodan being available? More weapon types?

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

Content would be nice.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

all the mini games that were promised in the original release that we still don’t have 3 years later.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Content would be nice.

Wait, you meant that 4pve maps, 1 wxw map and 1 new pvp map is not enough for 50 bucks?

Well, I agree.

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

all the mini games that were promised in the original release that we still don’t have 3 years later.

these are coming with the expansion as adventures this was confirmed months ago they just havent spoken individually about the mechanics of these.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Cantha.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

these are coming with the expansion as adventures this was confirmed months ago they just havent spoken individually about the mechanics of these.

hmm. The only one I’ve heard was the shooting range that Rubi Bayer mentioned at PAX South when H.O.T was announced.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I want Northern Shiverpeaks with intense blizzards and skiing/skating masteries!

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Tengu, tengu story, tengu leveling zones, tengu city.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

If I could only request ONE thing for any future expansion:

Dyeable Weapons

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

- capes
- Weapon dyable
- More pvp modes (the new one sucks btw)
- challenging content
- more emotes
- rightclick open all function
- more / better dungeons
- mounts
- lol no mounts wtf is this wow?
- weapons only obtainable with farming at place X / doing dungeon Y
- pve class balance
- derwish instead of reveblabla
- option to trade with people (tradepost monopoly sucks)
- playable largo race
- more skins to unlock via quests (or whatever but no gemstore!!)
- more fun items (pilot kit / infinite potions / fireworks)
- dungeons for one specific armor (like underworld in gw1)
- more titles (compare with gw1 you got for everything titles)
- speaking of more titles candy and alcohol titles!!
- something I forgot from gw1
- account wide bag (for example all the fun items / buffood etc.)
- account wide infinite tool (seriously 10€ for 1 of 3 infinite tools that is only available for 1 char if you dont switch is kinda meh)
- something rewarding if you level multiple times to 80 (like paragon system in Diablo 3)
- more skills for the 1-5 slots (hard to describe but I think you will understand)

aaaaaaaaaaand……. I dont know more at the moment.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Now that we know most of what will be seen in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, it would be cool to start up a little wishlist of all the things we’d like to see in the next expansion. I know one isn’t confirmed but they said there would be future specializations for characters at some point (I presume in another expansion or update), and GW1 had multiple expansions during the span of it’s life.

Obviously, there’s been some outrage about cut features, or promises that weren’t kept, and a few seemingly obvious additions that would have made sense but were overlooked, but this isn’t about HoT-Hate, after all, HoT is a launching pad for potential expansions down the line.

What would the community like to see in the future? more classes being added? more choices of specializations? races like Tengu and Kodan being available? More weapon types?

Isn’kitten bit early in o have a second xpac wish list then HoT.isn’t even out yet? We don’t know everything yet. At least wait till 6 months to a year after launch before starting something like this. Give ANet a chance to do everything they want, and add all the stuff.to finish the story of HoT.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

things like cities and new races require a lot of effort input but dont neccesarilly output a lot of meaningful fun content.

They could have the entire development team work on a new race and city and maybe some new mobs to go with the new leveling zone for a 3 months or however long that takes.

But what does the guy who is not even interested on any of those things get? absolutely nothing.

This means development time has to be put into things that add meaningful content that the majority of people will actually play. New mechanics, new end game content, more “leaderboard” type stuff and new ways to earn achievements and rewards.

This is already apparent in every content patch thus far, so its safe to assume they wont waste development resources on things like a new playable race or leveling zone. Doing so would only delay content that the rest of the playerbase wouldve played that they couldve developed instead.

WoW was able to excuse the new panda race by making them apart of the new class and they were able to design a new area because it came along WITH an area for the endgame content, which was pretty smart and was a really good way to manage their resources.

its fine to dream about such things, but realistically suggesting things that fall in line with meaningful type content has a higher chance of actually being considered by the developers.

Im sure most of the developers would love a lot of stuff like a new race to be added into the game but at the end of the day they are a business and their moves need to generate money and a new race is not worth the input for the ammount of output it produces

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

(edited by Envy.1679)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

For it to arrive with the 5th anniversary of the game’s launch, and to have announced that with clarity six months beforehand.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Noktus.8506

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Wishlist-for-future-Expansions

You literally reworded my thread’s title and made your own.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Super Adventure Box……

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

2nd expansion?

At the rate we are getting information for the first one, I am not sure I will be alive by then..

But on the off change that I am, I’ll take clicking full stacks to consume.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: Aetrion.8295

Aetrion.8295

More random stuff that rewards exploring and adventuring, rather than just showing up for the same world boss fight on a predictable schedule every day.

The best rewards should come to the people who are out and about, wandering the breadth and length of Tyria, actually looking for adventure, not people who show up to scheduled boss fights because they know what’s on the loot table.

More adventure, less farming!

(edited by Aetrion.8295)

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

would it be asking to much to ask them to live up to there promises ? oh i dono stuff like raiseing skill cap on cooking/jewel crafting like they promised us over a year ago

Posted by: Ihales.3820

Ihales.3820

Make most of the skills without bugs, viable and competitive especially utilities. Not new ones, old ones. There are many skills I haven’t used after unlocking them and trying them once because how weak/buggy they were.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Better communication.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

If I would have to take only 5 things that I wish for I think its:

1) Every Class receives its second Elite Specialization
2) One new playble Race with the Tengu
3) Player Housing (Now that we get Guild Halls, wheres the Problem to bring also PH?)
4) One new Weapon Type introduced: Great Axe
5) Introduction of the Underworld as new Elite Endgame Content.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

The 2nd expansion, feels like it’s so long from now but I know it’s going to happen relatively fast. I propose an idea for an expansion about the Crystal Desert/Elona/desert areas. That idea are mounts in a mastery track, unlocking combat abilities. Be aware these are land mounts. Horses, giant insects, dinosaurs, and the like. I’ve been having this idea for a while, so I want to go into a bit of detail.

New Way to Explore:
Mounts. Ride on your mount and build momentum as you continuously ride, you’re able to use new combat skills while on your mount. Also available on WvW (you can level up your mount mastery by just doing stuff on your mount). Initially your movement speed is very slow, when you continuously build up speed your movement speed increases and the damage for your skills greatly increases.

Progressing through the mastery unlocks more skills (healing, utilities, and elites), ride faster as you build momentum, and go through previously impassable terrain.

Weapons equipable while riding a mount:
- Shortbow
- Longbow
- Greatsword
- Spear
- Rifle
- Trident
Not going through these weapon skills

Mount Passive:
- You can now attack people by running into enemies with your mount if you meet a certain speed threshold. Damage increases as your speed increases, and you will knock down enemies for 2 seconds. After the initial attack, your speed will greatly decrease. Enemies that use block skills while you charge into them will stun you. All mount skills will do more damage and do its full effect when your past a certain speed threshold.

Mount Skills 6 to 10 (Traps):
Notes: These skills will come by default when you unlock your mount. All of these traps are AOE, meaning they can be placed depending on where the player places them. Not going into a lot of specific details like damage, radius, and likewise for any of these skills.

- Healing: Puts down a healing trap. Does an initial heal and a greater heal when an enemy lands on it. Enemies that land on it will be slowed for 5 seconds.

- Utility 1: Lands a bear trap, enemies who land on it are immobilized for 2 seconds.

- Utility 2: Lands a trap that when an enemy lands on it, they are crippled for 4 seconds.

- Utility 3: Lands an explosive trap. If enemies land on it, they will be knocked up.

- Elite: Lands a rope trap. If one enemy lands on it, they will be dragged by the mount for 8 seconds, doing damage over time depending how fast the mount is, they are unable to use any movement skills and all of their skills are slowed by 50%. The rope trap will disappear if the mount goes too far away from the trap or it goes below a certain speed threshold.

Mount Skills 6 to 10 (Shouts):
- Healing: “Giddy up!” Your mount’s acceleration increases slightly, and gain 8% of its health every 1 second for 5 seconds.

- Utility 1: “Get away!” Your mount does a roar, fearing enemies for 3 seconds.

- Utility 2: “Form up!” Your mount and allied mounts near you gain a special protection buff for 10 seconds that will grant you and your allies protection depending on your speeds. The faster you are, the more protection you and your allies gain.

- Utility 3: “Faster!” Your mount and allied mounts near you gain a significant speed buff, granting more speed the more allies you affect.

- Elite: “Run them down!” Your mount gains the ability to continuously knock down enemies for 2 seconds and do damage based on its speed for 10 seconds. You cannot use this shout under a certain speed threshold. (rip zerg armies)

Mount Mastery Track Tiers:

(1) Mount Riding – Unlocks a mount. You gain new skills, new weapon abilities, and a defiance bar. You can unlock more mount skins via gem store or difficult challenges (pls no rng anet). You fall off your mount when your defiance bar is broken, and a cooldown starts of 180 seconds before you can use your mount again, you’re also stunned for 3 seconds.

(2) Trained Riding – Unlocks the ability to build momentum faster and increase your top speed.

(3) Flawless Startup – When you start riding your amount while moving, you start from a certain speed threshold.

(6) Diligent Commands – You unlock shout skills for your mount.

(8) Without Resistance – The control of your mount is significantly increased. You can turn your mount faster and stop your mount much more quickly.

(10) Speeding Stability – Your defiance bar is no longer a static bar. Your defiance bar’s maximum amount can increase or decrease depending on your speed.

(12) One with Riding – Your health bar greatly increases by 8,000 when you ride

My 2 cents, folks.

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

Keep the ability to glide in most/all new areas. Old areas would be nice, but at least keep the ability going forward. It’s too awesome to just leave it behind in the jungle.

Fix moving platforms and introduce ships / vehicles (as a guild-unlock preferably), and new kinds of content to make use of them.

New masteries such as ladder climbing, ship / vehicle stuff, as well as region-specific ones of course. Imagine making use of ladders in a place like Kaineng City ..just sayin

Open up more maps ..big time. Much greater scale than what it looks like HoT will offer. Either Elona / Cantha, or further expand Tyria.

Some sort of player housing, perhaps tied to guild halls. Very high level of customizability.

Great Axe would be a highly appropriate new weapon type, and maybe make spears usable on land too.

New race: Tengu or Largos. Not a high priority, but would be nice.
Mounts ..I can take it or leave it. No need but welcome if done in a way that fits the game.

Don’t take so kitten long with it as with HoT.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

(edited by Kartel.2561)

Tyrannical.9348

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Wishlist-for-future-Expansions

You literally reworded my thread’s title and made your own.

I didn’t even know your thread existed, I just checked now and it was like 5 pages back and didn’t get much attention besides arguments about naval combat.

Sorry dude, honest mistake.

(edited by Tyrannical.9348)

Tyrannical.9348

Isn’kitten bit early in o have a second xpac wish list then HoT.isn’t even out yet? We don’t know everything yet. At least wait till 6 months to a year after launch before starting something like this. Give ANet a chance to do everything they want, and add all the stuff.to finish the story of HoT.

Well so far all the major features that are going into HoT have been announced. I personally would like to see new races being added to the game in the 2nd expansion (namely Tengu and Kodan), as well as some more Specializations (Shortbow Mesmer, Dagger Guardian, Rifle Ranger….)

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

There are several things I want:

1. More stuff to do in low-level areas. Just about every expansion in every MMORPG ever made ha focused 90% on the end-game content. Which makes sense, as there are a lot of players there. But why ignore the low-level areas? Example to scare your socks off: Neverwinter. The first new areas focused on grinding your nuts off for weeks to get various bonuses. Next new area? Focused on grinding your nuts off to get various bonuses. Both were accessible at max level, so that’s fine. But the third area? The only way to get there was to grind BOTH the old “new” areas to get those bonuses. That means grinding a minimum of TWO WEEKS PR CHARACTER just to get to that new area. That was ridiculous. Then when we got a fourth new area, guess what? The only way to get there was to have bonuses you could only get from the third area. So unless you had already grinded for two weeks (pr character) to get to the third area, then grinded THAT for a long time, you couldn’ get to the new area. It goes without saying that excluded a ton of players, me included. And that’s why I stopped playing an otherwise awesome game. Please don’t do the same mistake with GW2. New areas are fun, and yes, we need more content for high-level players. But please don’t forget it was the low-level players and new players who goty ou to max level in the first place. No one starts at max level, and if there are no new content for low-level areas, grinding up to max level will just be tedius and boring, so a lot of people simply won’t bother.

2. Underwater stuff to do. Seriously, with such an awesome gameplay mechanic underground, why don’t we use it? At all? Ever? I can only remember a handful of events that forced me to stay underwater, and maybe two or three bosses. Not even big bosses, just “you might want a few friends for these ones” bosses. And the way underwater gameplay works, playing underwater should have been a huge part of the game. “Here’s a diving mask, so you can stay underwater forever! Except there’s no reason to! So you can’t even dye your breathing mask, as why would you ever want to wear it in the first place?” Sigh… you might as well buy the biggest, baddest SUV you can get, just to drive to work in the city. What’s the point?

3. A better wardrobe system. Again, seriously. Paying a transmutation skittence to change the looks of my clothes is fine, but why do I have to pay it over and over and over? Would it be fine if you had to pay to dye your clothes every time too? No? Exactly. I’ve paid once, so isn’t that enough?

4. Let us save dye selections. If I spend twenty minutes finding the perfect dye for my clothes, why can’t I simply save those colors for later? Putting them in favorites works for the first set, but what if I use a lot of colors for a lot of clothes? Outfits, for example. I like a shadowy dye for the assassin clothes, a white shird and brown pants for the pirate outfit, a dark red for the dress, and so on. Having to dye them over and over and over every time I switch is just tedius and boring, and I can’t always remember what clothes I even used. Please let me save the color scheme.

5. Mounts. Yes, the waypoint system is fine if you like fast travelling, but what about us who wants to explore? A mount that lets us travel 20% faster would be very nice. Or just 15% faster. Wildstar has hoverboards. Think about that for a second, then picture charging through Metrica Province on a hoverboard, with the Back to the future theme cranked up to 11 on Spotify. Surely we can all agree that would be the best thing ever?

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

It can’t be said enough… I still want tengu. I don’t care how little content it adds to the game. This is by far the most exciting thing they could add for me.

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

The 2nd expansion, feels like it’s so long from now but I know it’s going to happen relatively fast. I propose an idea for an expansion about the Crystal Desert/Elona/desert areas. That idea are mounts in a mastery track, unlocking combat abilities. Be aware these are land mounts. Horses, giant insects, dinosaurs, and the like. I’ve been having this idea for a while, so I want to go into a bit of detail.

New Way to Explore:
Mounts. Ride on your mount and build momentum as you continuously ride, you’re able to use new combat skills while on your mount. Also available on WvW (you can level up your mount mastery by just doing stuff on your mount). Initially your movement speed is very slow, when you continuously build up speed your movement speed increases and the damage for your skills greatly increases.

Progressing through the mastery unlocks more skills (healing, utilities, and elites), ride faster as you build momentum, and go through previously impassable terrain.

Weapons equipable while riding a mount:
- Shortbow
- Longbow
- Greatsword
- Spear
- Rifle
- Trident
Not going through these weapon skills

Mount Passive:
- You can now attack people by running into enemies with your mount if you meet a certain speed threshold. Damage increases as your speed increases, and you will knock down enemies for 2 seconds. After the initial attack, your speed will greatly decrease. Enemies that use block skills while you charge into them will stun you. All mount skills will do more damage and do its full effect when your past a certain speed threshold.

Mount Skills 6 to 10 (Traps):
Notes: These skills will come by default when you unlock your mount. All of these traps are AOE, meaning they can be placed depending on where the player places them. Not going into a lot of specific details like damage, radius, and likewise for any of these skills.

- Healing: Puts down a healing trap. Does an initial heal and a greater heal when an enemy lands on it. Enemies that land on it will be slowed for 5 seconds.

- Utility 1: Lands a bear trap, enemies who land on it are immobilized for 2 seconds.

- Utility 2: Lands a trap that when an enemy lands on it, they are crippled for 4 seconds.

- Utility 3: Lands an explosive trap. If enemies land on it, they will be knocked up.

- Elite: Lands a rope trap. If one enemy lands on it, they will be dragged by the mount for 8 seconds, doing damage over time depending how fast the mount is, they are unable to use any movement skills and all of their skills are slowed by 50%. The rope trap will disappear if the mount goes too far away from the trap or it goes below a certain speed threshold.

Mount Skills 6 to 10 (Shouts):
- Healing: “Giddy up!” Your mount’s acceleration increases slightly, and gain 8% of its health every 1 second for 5 seconds.

- Utility 1: “Get away!” Your mount does a roar, fearing enemies for 3 seconds.

- Utility 2: “Form up!” Your mount and allied mounts near you gain a special protection buff for 10 seconds that will grant you and your allies protection depending on your speeds. The faster you are, the more protection you and your allies gain.

- Utility 3: “Faster!” Your mount and allied mounts near you gain a significant speed buff, granting more speed the more allies you affect.

- Elite: “Run them down!” Your mount gains the ability to continuously knock down enemies for 2 seconds and do damage based on its speed for 10 seconds. You cannot use this shout under a certain speed threshold. (rip zerg armies)

Mount Mastery Track Tiers:

(1) Mount Riding – Unlocks a mount. You gain new skills, new weapon abilities, and a defiance bar. You can unlock more mount skins via gem store or difficult challenges (pls no rng anet). You fall off your mount when your defiance bar is broken, and a cooldown starts of 180 seconds before you can use your mount again, you’re also stunned for 3 seconds.

(2) Trained Riding – Unlocks the ability to build momentum faster and increase your top speed.

(3) Flawless Startup – When you start riding your amount while moving, you start from a certain speed threshold.

(6) Diligent Commands – You unlock shout skills for your mount.

(8) Without Resistance – The control of your mount is significantly increased. You can turn your mount faster and stop your mount much more quickly.

(10) Speeding Stability – Your defiance bar is no longer a static bar. Your defiance bar’s maximum amount can increase or decrease depending on your speed.

(12) One with Riding – Your health bar greatly increases by 8,000 when you ride

My 2 cents, folks.

Lol all I read is mountmountmount

Attachments:

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

T stands for the time I would spend on a new character
E stands for the Energy I would bring to the table equiping him
N stands for the negclect all my other characters would probably get
G stands for the gold I would invest in him
U stands for unhappy if I don´t get one

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Well if we can dream… (in no particular order)

- Mounts
With about 50% or 75% movement speed… would make traveling easier. Also, less Waypoints so we actually get to walk around more and see more people in the world as well.

- Specializations
Greatsword / Sword on Elementalist. Rifle on Mesmer.

- More Weapon Types
Two Handed Axes, Spear on ground, Crossbows, One Handed Hammers, etc

- More Weapon Skills
Being able to choose different skills for the same weapon set for extra customization, giving us the option of being more supportive, offensive or defensive with various sets.

- More Adventures
Like the Guild Quests but in a way that anyone, everywhere, can join.

- …Raids.
Yeah, raids. I’m against the usual concept of Raids and it’s time-locked content, and that’s not the type of Raid I’d like to see, but something that you guys surely can come up in a fun manner and not so restrictive.
And as more and more gets released, people would have plenty of content to do, since they’re all going to stay there and won’t become obsolete because of the level cap increase (since there isn’t).

Tyrannical.9348

To be fair, Tengu share the Charr animation skeleton, and Kodan use the Norn skeleton, it’s not like the tools aren’t there.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Urgoz / The Deep / Underworld Fractals.
Tengu / Kodan playable races.
Ring of Fire, Cantha, Elona, Far Shiverpeaks opened up.

an all underwater map or two, complete with overhaul of underwater combat, and an underwater dungeon / story.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

even tho Anet will not come out with another pack for at lest a year or so .with hot on the way now. if and its a big if at that. but if there was another pack to come out for this game in a year or 2. it would be nice to see hm in pve maps only with more higher rewards as well as drops . and being able to change your skills as you wish as well as a second class like ranger/war and a few new pvp wvw maps and add bosses that dropped high end stat green weapons like gw1 had . and heroes would be a nice add for pve as well too

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

It can’t be said enough… I still want tengu. I don’t care how little content it adds to the game. This is by far the most exciting thing they could add for me.

This type of content can be considered enticements, there to make people excited for the expansion and prompt pre-purchasing

The other type of content, new areas, actually in-depth gameplay, long term goals, are the rewards side.
There needs to be a certain amount of both; it doesn’t matter how amazing your product is if noone buys it; similarly, if it looks flashy but fails to live up to the hype, GG your company

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Cantha
Fort aspenwood
Alliance battles

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Content would be nice.

Wait, you meant that 4pve maps, 1 wxw map and 1 new pvp map is not enough for 50 bucks?

Well, I agree.

Those 4 pve maps equal 2 regular pve maps. Its like the tiny season 2 story maps. Its a sham.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Those 4 pve maps equal 2 regular pve maps. Its like the tiny season 2 story maps. Its a sham.

There’s a lot more going in those maps.
Also, the map we played on beta weekend isn’t nearly as small – i’d estimate at least the size of brisban or metrica (but probably not caledon). Just the fenced-off bit we got to test was easily the size of drytop, and there’s supposed to be multiple layers to these new maps too.

So it’s not 4, you’re right, it’s more like 8, or maybe 12

Posted by: Dibbelocher.2318

Dibbelocher.2318

Cantha
To me it would make sense that we get Dominion of Winds and Cantha, not per se from a story perspective, but rather from the perspective of, looking at gw1, what would we get now? I also saw some drops of certain jade weapons in HoT that made me think of a reference to Cantha.
Feels Big(That’s what she said)
More importantly is that I think it would be great if the next expansion would feel like a gigantic chunk of content. Though I understand that GW2 devs also still put out content belonging to the expansion between expansions.
Kralkatorrik
[spoiler]
Storywise I think it probably makes sense the next expansion will have to do with Kralkatorrik. Since we now retrieved the egg of Glint and there will be born a baby dragon, which Kralkatorrik won’t like AT ALL. Meaning we would be going into Charr territory and south of that. So Orr and the Crystal Desert and maybe even the Fire Island Chains since we still don’t know how Rytlock got Sohothin.
[/spoiler]
She says it again
Personally I would like to just see more a bigger chunk of explorable area, more new armor skins and a longer story than in HoT.

EDIT: WHY IS MY SPOILER THING NOT WORKING?!

Call me Dib.

(edited by Dibbelocher.2318)

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

I want a cape.

I dont care if my tail clips through it I want it

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart