Wishlist for the Future of Guild Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Starlightpaw.5871

Starlightpaw.5871

What do you want to see in the future of Guild Wars 2 or the next expansion? List it all in this thread!

My personal list:

• Tengu playable race – This is my greatest desire. The implementation of this race should, of course, should come with a new starting area, racial city (we all know it’s right next to Lion’s Arch…), and personal story. I’ve seen some people try to come up with reasons why this would be complicated, but none of the reasons that get frequently mentioned I see as an outright deterrent to making Tengu playable. I have actually held off creating a ranger because I want my ranger to be a Tengu. The wait is becoming painful for me. Just let us play as these beautiful, colorful birds already!
  • Bring back the old PvP armor sets as PvP reward tracks – I think this one is inevitable, to be honest. I’m talking about the Tribal armor set and the Stalwart armor set, of course. It’s been talked about a lot recently, so hopefully this doesn’t get “knocked off the table” again. I know that I won’t forget it…
  • Fix the physics on armors such as the “Shackles of Madness” – Some developer, God bless their soul whoever they are, actually fixed the physics on the “Wreath of Cooperation” skin not too long ago. This gives me hope that other skins (notably “Shackles of Madness” and “Glittering Wings Backpack”) will be fixed as well. I’m sure there are other armors that have some quite noticeable dysfunctions, so if you have a similar issue with a piece of armor, don’t be afraid to mention it! The particular issue with the "Shackles of Madness" skin is that the chains are stiff. They simple do not move as they should, and this has made it so that I, and many other players, do not want to wear this skin. The issue with the "Glittering Wings Backpack" is not that big of an issue, but it still bugs me personally. Some would argue that they are fine the way they are, but the stiffness of the dragonfly-like wings part of the skin doesn't seem natural. There should be at least some flexibility in this backpack, in my opinion.

So what do you want?

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

Everything you listed!! Plus less clipping, I guess.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Do we really need a new playable race?

Currently the only thing race offers is a tweak in skills in some game modes and 1/3 of the story being slightly different.

The down side to a new playable race is every set of armor will have to be deigned and tested on various models. See current complaints on char and asura armors and ask your self if any new race will be better.

Also their story would just be pigeon holed into the same crap the other races are set to do. This is mostly a guess and I am sure there is plenty of room to argue this point.

It would also create huge problems of QQ on the forums for the people who didn’t get their race of choice.

Personally I would rather see a better investment of time on ANet’s side instead of wasting time with something that has next to no impact on game play. This is the reason there was no new race in HoT, and I seriously doubt in the near future.

Starlightpaw.5871

Why not?

Currently the only thing race offers is a tweak in skills in some game modes and 1/3 of the story being slightly different.

You forgot to mention aesthetics, which is the biggest reason to choosing a race.

The down side to a new playable race is every set of armor will have to be deigned and tested on various models. See current complaints on char and asura armors and ask your self if any new race will be better.

Tengu model is just a derivative of the Charr model. There are always going to be issues with Charr and Asura armors, so there’s no point in complaining about it anymore. It’s just how it works, and as far as I can see Anet has no intent to go back through every single armor set and fix it so they fit on Charr and Asura properly. Also Tengu got new models for HoT anyway.

Also their story would just be pigeon holed into the same crap the other races are set to do. This is mostly a guess and I am sure there is plenty of room to argue this point.

Their personal story does not have to be set to “Zhaitan time.” It could easily be something completely different and up to date with whatever dragon we’re fighting next. The “restrictions” that say the personal story for Tengu MUST be set to “Zhaitan time” are nonexistent. The only restriction is how much time Anet wants to bother putting into their kitten game. Unfortunately, lately they don’t seem to care. So, hell, it just might end up being the same kitten every other race had to go through. Who knows.

It would also create huge problems of QQ on the forums for the people who didn’t get their race of choice.

That vast majority of people want Tengu, there’s enough lore behind them to create a cohesive story around them, and they already have a home city literally right next to Lion’s Arch. The others can continue to cry about how they didn’t get their “completely realistic” choice of Quaggan as a playable race.

Personally I would rather see a better investment of time on ANet’s side instead of wasting time with something that has next to no impact on game play. This is the reason there was no new race in HoT, and I seriously doubt in the near future.

Choosing the basis of what your character looks like has next to no impact on gameplay in game where the endgame is to make your character look as fabulous as possible? I want to look at the butt of a bird while I play my ranger, not the butt of a salad or a cat. Also, Anet isn’t just one almighty being, there are multiple teams made up of multiple people doing multiple things. One team could easily be set to make Tengu playable. You seem to be talking like the people who fix bugs are the same people who do art and make models for the game. If anything, the creation of a new outfit being made to put into the gemstore would be pushed back, and I wouldn’t lose any tears over that.

Posted by: Noa.7490

Noa.7490

For starters it would be nice to have new areas to explore. There are many within Tyria we visited in the first game that are inaccessible in GW2.

Perhaps also, a slight improvement on the skyboxes would be nice. The flat cloud texture rolling about was nice fifteen years ago but I think it’s time for something more convincing.

Another thing I’d like to see improved a bit is the custom music allocation. It would be nice to be capable of having different types of music that reflect the region where you are; Shiverpeaks, Kryta, Orr, Maguuma and such.

Of course, like a lot of people, I’d like new armor sets. Not outfits but armors we mix ’n match.

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

I have a compulsion for plot reveals, alas, my life will not be complete if they bankrupt and stop releasing new lore before all the Dragons are revealed.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

new maps
new story
new jps
new adventures
new collections
new fractals
new masteries
new achievements

basically you can sum up what i want by new everything except raids which i dont have anything against but wouldnt specifically ask for

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Deedrick.4372

Why not?

You forgot to mention aesthetics, which is the biggest reason to choosing a race.

Tengu model is just a derivative of the Charr model. There are always going to be issues with Charr and Asura armors, so there’s no point in complaining about it anymore. It’s just how it works, and as far as I can see Anet has no intent to go back through every single armor set and fix it so they fit on Charr and Asura properly. Also Tengu got new models for HoT anyway.

Their personal story does not have to be set to “Zhaitan time.” It could easily be something completely different and up to date with whatever dragon we’re fighting next. The “restrictions” that say the personal story for Tengu MUST be set to “Zhaitan time” are nonexistent. The only restriction is how much time Anet wants to bother putting into their kitten game. Unfortunately, lately they don’t seem to care. So, hell, it just might end up being the same kitten every other race had to go through. Who knows.

That vast majority of people want Tengu, there’s enough lore behind them to create a cohesive story around them, and they already have a home city literally right next to Lion’s Arch. The others can continue to cry about how they didn’t get their “completely realistic” choice of Quaggan as a playable race.

Choosing the basis of what your character looks like has next to no impact on gameplay in game where the endgame is to make your character look as fabulous as possible? I want to look at the butt of a bird while I play my ranger, not the butt of a salad or a cat. Also, Anet isn’t just one almighty being, there are multiple teams made up of multiple people doing multiple things. One team could easily be set to make Tengu playable. You seem to be talking like the people who fix bugs are the same people who do art and make models for the game. If anything, the creation of a new outfit being made to put into the gemstore would be pushed back, and I wouldn’t lose any tears over that.

1. I didn’t forget aesthetics. It may be your biggest reason, but others may have different motives.

2. A new model doesn’t mean by any means that all armors/outfits have been reworked to be adapted. By your own admission, they don’t have the desire to rework armor, why would they do this for a new race then?

3. The story, who knows, it could be new content it could not, there’s not point to fight
this, because its speculation anyway you look at it.

4. Where do you get off speaking for the majority? How do you know what the majority wants? Do you think because you want it, it’s the majority? What about Koden, skritt, quagan, or another race that the other majorities want? I am leaving this as a new player race instead of fighting about a specific one, or resorting to bad logic, lets just talk in the context of a new race, and admit tengu is in the list as realistic as some other possibilities.

5. Your endgame may not be shared by everyone. Some people want to raid and max thier toons, Some may want to be the best at pvp (looks are a far second to this.) Others do want to look good as you state. Again, just because its your goal doesn’t mean everyone shares it.

6. Anet resources: I would prefer modelers coming up with new enemy models. More content NPC’s various things that would imo far better server the community over a new race.

I don’t see any reason a new race would add enough to the game at this point to justify the addition. In the future, who knows, but not right now is my opinion.

Starlightpaw.5871

1. I didn’t forget aesthetics. It may be your biggest reason, but others may have different motives.

2. A new model doesn’t mean by any means that all armors/outfits have been reworked to be adapted. By your own admission, they don’t have the desire to rework armor, why would they do this for a new race then?

3. The story, who knows, it could be new content it could not, there’s not point to fight
this, because its speculation anyway you look at it.

4. Where do you get off speaking for the majority? How do you know what the majority wants? Do you think because you want it, it’s the majority? What about Koden, skritt, quagan, or another race that the other majorities want? I am leaving this as a new player race instead of fighting about a specific one, or resorting to bad logic, lets just talk in the context of a new race, and admit tengu is in the list as realistic as some other possibilities.

5. Your endgame may not be shared by everyone. Some people want to raid and max thier toons, Some may want to be the best at pvp (looks are a far second to this.) Others do want to look good as you state. Again, just because its your goal doesn’t mean everyone shares it.

6. Anet resources: I would prefer modelers coming up with new enemy models. More content NPC’s various things that would imo far better server the community over a new race.

I don’t see any reason a new race would add enough to the game at this point to justify the addition. In the future, who knows, but not right now is my opinion.

I’m not going to argue with you any further because that’s not the point of this thread, and you appear set on your opinion. Please contribute to the topic or post elsewhere. Thanks.

Deedrick.4372

Your very welcome!

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’ll be happy with getting more narrative…

…and a pirate hat (only) skin for my char warrior.

~EW

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I vote for puting the race discussion aside from this thread. Please lets hear people’s wishlists instead?

My personal wishlist for GW2 next year(s), from most to least important(To ME, of course):

- A real, PvE valid and truly impactul Elite Spec Mechanic for Scrapper.
- RP specific aid functions and tools, including “RP map preference checkbox” and tons of new emotes.
- Lore imbued, storyline coherent and properly animated/playable explanation for the Revenant timeline phenomena, the sudden development of gliding, and the concrete birth of every Elite Spec.
- Bigger (Visible!) weapons for Asura.
- Reworked Gyros without AI.
- Head and foot gear fixed to correctly match Asura and Charr anatomies.
- Fully reworked, gliding-allowing and megaserver fixed WvW.
- Voice customization for the playable character.
- Pets who don’t forget their names.
- Multiple medium armor sets without trenchcoats.
- Multiple light armor sets without buttcapes.
- New playable race: Steam Creatures, with a proper lore, PS line and coherent explanation.
- New weapon type: Chains or Boomerangs.
- Improved aquatic combat and proper drowning. Breathers become relevant.
- How to dance vol 2.
- Raptor, Chak and Karka pets.
- New armor piece: Belts.
- Fun version of the final battle against Zaithan.
- Customizable Home Instance.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Generic Pants for Female Light Armor. No skirts or frills, just pants that aren’t puffy.

Starlightpaw.5871

I vote for puting the race discussion aside from this thread. Please lets hear people’s wishlists instead?

My personal wishlist for GW2 next year(s), from most to least important(To ME, of course):

- A real, PvE valid and truly impactul Elite Spec Mechanic for Scrapper.
- RP specific aid functions and tools, including “RP map preference checkbox” and tons of new emotes.
- Lore imbued, storyline coherent and properly animated/playable explanation for the Revenant timeline phenomena, the sudden development of gliding, and the concrete birth of every Elite Spec.
- Bigger (Visible!) weapons for Asura.
- Reworked Gyros without AI.
- Head and foot gear fixed to correctly match Asura and Charr anatomies.
- Fully reworked, gliding-allowing and megaserver fixed WvW.
- Voice customization for the playable character.
- Pets who don’t forget their names.
- Multiple medium armor sets without trenchcoats.
- Multiple light armor sets without buttcapes.
- New playable race: Steam Creatures, with a proper lore, PS line and coherent explanation.
- New weapon type: Chains or Boomerangs.
- Improved aquatic combat and proper drowning. Breathers become relevant.
- How to dance vol 2.
- Raptor, Chak and Karka pets.
- New armor piece: Belts.
- Fun version of the final battle against Zaithan.
- Customizable Home Instance.

Wow, lots of good suggestions that I haven’t even thought of. Love it!

Ardid.7203

Have to add a few more “pragmatic” stuff:
- Build Save feature.
- Playable LS 1st season.
- Keyring Feature.

Hawks

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I don’t think we need a new playable race. ArenaNet would need to do a completely new Personal Story arc, possibley tied into the old one, all for very little benefit since class skills would be the same as other races.

What I think would appease the ‘New Playable Race’ crowd as a compromise, would be the use of certain tonics to be usable with your weapons, and for them to last longer than they do.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Well, since this thread is being somewhat necro’d…

0) All the stuff I said earlier in the thread

1) I’d like to see the dynamic level adjustment tweaked a little bit, so I’m not killing mobs in 2-3 blows in the noob maps. When playing low lvl toons, it can be really hard to tag mobs for events when lvl 80’s are hanging out wiping out everything as it spawns.

2) I’d like to be able to switch between two builds (including gear) with the click of a button… saves me some time reallocating traits and inventory space carrying an extra set of gear.

3) I’d like dungeons tweaked so that they can all ‘potentially’ be finished solo. By that I don’t mean make them easier, but instead alter the ones which have mechanics requiring 2 or more people working together to complete so they only need one person.

~EW

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

• Tengu as playable race
  • Pets remembering their names
  • Griffons being tame-able
  • Far less coats for medium male armours
  • Key-ring feature
  • Build templates
  • Hair acsessories being dye-able
  • More customisation for each race when it comes to racial features – such as horns and fur patterns for charr (and the equivalent for other races ofc)
Kima & Co

Posted by: Jayt.5690

Jayt.5690

I want open PvP. Just walk up to a guy and request a duel at random.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

The one thing I want for GW2, and posted it in the Collaboration threads a while back with Whiteside… is a REAL living open-world dynamic event system similar to WvW.

Imagine this…

You log in. You open up your world map to see whats going on.
You see that the “NPCs” in Timberline fall are controlling most areas/events.
You zone into Timberline falls and complete 3 or 4 events, and notice that “we”(the players) control more of that zone now.
You notice that the “ongoing rewards” changed a bit….

Basically what i want is that the more of the open world that the players control/contribute to the more we are rewarded as a community whether it be increased XP gain, power, currency, increased drop rates for rare items, etc. This is(or was, not sure if it still is) similar to WvW. If your server was doing well in WvW, the PvE community would benefit in some small way.

I think this would send players into various zones that they might not normally visit in order to re-gain control of that zone to benefit everyone.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I want open PvP. Just walk up to a guy and request a duel at random.

Well, how this game is extremelly well balanced we would ended with alot of the same class with Y build spamming duel invites to new player just for ego boosting.

How this game is designed i think we actually dont need that, game is based on classes that Anet boost from time to time, diferent gear from pvp to pvx(pve, WvW), PVP is very descentralized from the game, like it is its own game, and has nothing to do with the rest.

My wishlist:
- A much more guild centralized game.
-Less servers, less shard dependent system.
-Less gimmick but more mechanics.
-Less Ascended grind.
-Redesign the Market, it is a very messy system atm.
-Redesign Crafting(professions) system.
-Redesign how resources are gathered (on WvW).
-Redesign WvW to be more guild centered, territory control than ppt karma train with best boosted range and aoe classes.
-Redesign quest system, need to be hybrid system bettween traditional and the actual go there and fill this heart, a few alternative quests could be selected after heart filled.

humm, ic alot to change to keep this game competitive with other recent mmo’s, because it really really lacks.

Guilds are still not important, forcing guilds to be something u grind to use gimmicks in WvW, it is the worst guild system i hever played.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

An absolute no to open pvp.
Neverwinter had some zones which mixed pve and pvp and guess what dominated map chat. Yes, that’s right, an endless stream of expletives, insults, goading, gloating, challenges and abuse. You could put them on ignore but it made those maps unpleasant to be on, even is you were only there for the pve part of it.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

An absolute no to open pvp.
Neverwinter had some zones which mixed pve and pvp and guess what dominated map chat. Yes, that’s right, an endless stream of expletives, insults, goading, gloating, challenges and abuse. You could put them on ignore but it made those maps unpleasant to be on, even is you were only there for the pve part of it.

Now add how this game is balanced XD

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I don’t have a problem with anet bringing back the old pvp armors- but noone seems to remember that you weren’t guaranteed to get the tribal armor, and you could only obtain the wolf tokens while in wolf rank so once you were no longer wolf rank, no tribal armor. That is if you were lucky enough to even get what you wanted from the mystic forge. Which made it more prestiged in a way. So it needs to stay that way. No handouts.

How about more PvE love, Update the dungeons from AC-Arah
Give actual nonlinear tasks in dungeons like “you can kill this boss for a chance at this item or you don’t have to and skip to the end boss after going through this puzzle etc”

I thought Gw2 wasn’t going in the ESL direction because it’s such a PvE play it your way type game, it’s not a LoL or smite

Hopefully 2016 will be more like gw2 launch, all the hype and excitement exploring new things (but without all the bugs)

Make Gw2 great again

(edited by Chasind.3128)

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Classes balanced by 1v1 rather than group

Dungeons need some love

Whatever content added in future be less group forced

Posted by: MrGhosty.4296

MrGhosty.4296

Several playable races with a new storyline, could be Kodan, Tengu, Skritt, any other race that already fits with currently rigged models (could be just the first two personal story quests like the other races that deal with your personal struggle before going off to fight Zhaitain. Brand New players would then pick up where the other quests start and guide the player into Zhaitain town while existing players could have the option to skip or complete)

Customizable runes (revamp Jeweler to give them a worthwhile end game skill that allows the pairing of stat sets with perk sets)

Home instances a la guild halls (I want to go on a quest to score my own personal home instance that I can customize and setup how I want. Pair that with a use for XP past full level and mastery line completion with upgrade components similar to what they have for guild halls)

Mounts ( I know we don’t “need” them, but I would love to see what Anet would come up with)

revisit existing world bosses and give them a make over a la the Shatterer to make the fights more dynamic and exciting

more armors for more tastes

more character customization options (voice options, tats and beards for all races, secondary scar level, etc)

while somewhat tied into the armor, I would like to see a fully set of unlockable armor for each elite spec rather than one piece of gear. The revenant got a set, and I would like to see what Anet does with finishing out the other specs.

I could go on, but these would be the biggest on my mind at the time.

Ardid.7203

- Less RNG please.

Hawks

Posted by: gemini.7156

gemini.7156

- I would like gw2 add capes as a back item with the armorer in the guild hall, there are those who do not like the cape with the symbol of his clan, and are in their right to not buy or use them, but give us the opportunity to buy it and use it to we like, they can disappear in water or like any back piece disappears when this shield, or gliders
- I would like to have one hero support only for pve, there are zones of the map where there is none, as in GW1 be able to choose a character created by us as hero
- Obsidian Armor (Ascended or Legendary)
- I wish see UW, FoW, DoA in GW2
- And in the next exp may be Cantha, i love it

It is what I would like to see in gw2

(edited by gemini.7156)

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I want things that will never happen.

A particle slider

The deaths of all of the “biconics” and a new narrative team.

An end to making new zones a horizontal platforming nightmare.

Removal of all of the idiotic zone destruction caused by Poisonscarlette.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Scipion.7548

Scipion.7548

My whishlist for the next xpac :
- a new race
- new elit spec for each classes
- a true introduction to the new elit spec that fit the lore
- more lore for classes
- story less disney channel and more “the night is dark and full of terrors”
- in fact simply hire true writers for story and lore
- more balance between skills (see the never used guardian spirit weapons)
- other roles than berserker DPS more usefull (and accepted) in all type of contents and for all classes (or rework the classes that should only have access to berserk DPS and clearly tell this to the player at the character creation)
- dungeons no longer abandonned
- making new raid only if new dungeons and fractals are developped
- events less messy

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

More of the old events back lot of them were epic and we need some sort of time machine so you can fight Scarlet again !!!!!