With the new LS system will you binge play?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

We now live in a society where we can watch a single episode of our favorite show each week or wait a while and watch several. It’s called Binge watching. With the new system of login and unlock each chapter of the ls, we can play now or come back and play through several or all chapters in a given storyline.

So will you play each new LS chapter as it’s released, or login and build up several and binge play?

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I’m thinking Binge.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Considering that I am not even level 80 yet, binge play is my only options =D

Posted by: Welcometotheden.8547

Welcometotheden.8547

So far, for LS2, our guild has binged. (edit reviewing the OP, I misunderstood…no binging here, in this context. Rather, we play each update.)

We rampage through the entire thing that night, then grind out any specialties that we find interesting about it for the next several days/week. Downfall is that we don’t really absorb the full impact of the story line that way. Which is ideal for several guild mates…they’re there to pew pew stuff. Can’t be bothered with plot. I personally go through the LS on each of my alts, one of each profession, and by the time I finish with the last, I think I’ve finally caught up to the story appropriately. I’m rather slow like that. Haha.

~ The Cult of the Six Symbols ~

(edited by Welcometotheden.8547)

Evon Skyfyre.9673

My reason for choosing binge is when I get to a saturation point, and find more wrong then right with a game, or I dislike the skill changes etc.. I split. When/If I come back later, I’ve forgotten how everything worked and I do not notice the changes.

To that premise I have now added the binge choice as well. I think it will work. A good friend is my barometer. If she has already left or is tired of my complaining I know, it’s time to go and play something else. So logging in, long enough to update and then leaving should be painless enough. Provided the content can be completed solo when I come back.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’m not patient enough to binge it, but I don’t bother with all of the side achievements and whatnot. I just do the stuff that doesn’t require use of dulfy guides because I’m lazy.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I play for however long it takes to do the story quests once every two weeks. Other than that I don’t play.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I will probably end up doing what I did for the first LS season: if the reward is a home node I want, if what I’ve heard about the story isn’t off-putting (poor quality), if there is an instance associated with it that my guildmates want to run, then there’s a good chance I will actually do the LS “content”.

Otherwise, like almost all of first Season’s LS, I just won’t bother to do it at all.

At this point in the game, I’ve become so disenfranchised (new development continuing to push me out of the game), that rewards have to be compelling enough, with content geared well enough for a small group, that both overcome my absolute reluctance to deal with more arbitrary zone destruction, annoying mechanics and what appears to be predictable story writing.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

could care less about the story… I don’t play MMOs for that…that’s what single player RPGS like the witcher are for. I’ll play when they add fun group content ala twisted marionette fights or something similar.

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

So far, content has been interesting enough that I’m looking forward to the next installment. I personally love desert areas and the Arid Sea was my favorite location in GW1. Moredremoth is the lamest of the dragons though and I don’t like jungles/plant enemies (Sylvari and their areas are the worst in the game), so I’m not sure how long my interest will last. Looks like something half-way interesting is forming in the story so grats to ANet on that.

For now, I’ll keep playing as they come out.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

I tried to do the living story and could not even get through the first part…I could not even figure out where to go or what to do…so I just leave the LS stuff alone. Not many on really help out they just say go to the top yeah thanks the problem was HOW do you get to the top?

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I’m choosing to binge, because after almost two years of the base game I’ve essentially tired myself of the main content and with the LS format I’d essentially consume the few hours of new content and then wait again for two weeks which isn’t really ideal for me. So, instead, I’m planning on hoarding chapters of the season 2 until there’s plenty of new stuff to do and then hopefully get back into the game where it will feel fresh to me. Since there are no plans for any expansion packs I’m hoping that doing this will give the expansion pack feel once there are a decent number of chapters saved up to play at a later date. In the mean time I’m doing other things and indulging in another MMO while season 2 trickles out.

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I’m choosing to binge, because after almost two years of the base game I’ve essentially tired myself of the main content and with the LS format I’d essentially consume the few hours of new content and then wait again for two weeks which isn’t really ideal for me. So, instead, I’m planning on hoarding chapters of the season 2 until there’s plenty of new stuff to do and then hopefully get back into the game where it will feel fresh to me. Since there are no plans for any expansion packs I’m hoping that doing this will give the expansion pack feel once there are a decent number of chapters saved up to play at a later date. In the mean time I’m doing other things and indulging in another MMO while season 2 trickles out.

I hear ya, and so am I (another mmo).

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I’m not patient enough to binge it, but I don’t bother with all of the side achievements and whatnot. I just do the stuff that doesn’t require use of dulfy guides because I’m lazy.

Haha I know. I played through both parts when they came out, but that was it. I may binge on the unlocked achievements at some point? Right now I just don’t care and haven’t bothered to do any story instances more than once on the same character.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

play now, but once college starts…I’ll binge play in summer holidays.