Wold Boss Farming - Rewards?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

Hello again everyone!

So I just started running with a group and taking down the world bosses. The dragons have been some impressive battles and overall, the wold bosses are quite fun. Yet, from the loot they have dropped so far, most of it is just junk that I’ve been salvaging for materials. Is this normally the case or do they actually drop something worth farming them for? I only ask because there was about 40+ of us last night and I figured they can’t all be here for salvage gear.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

I never expect anything good to drop from world bosses, so if by any chance i get some awsome uber leet thingy, I’m happy.

I mostly join on these for the fun of it.

Expectations are the fast way to deception.

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I agree that the rewards generally don’t match the time required to find a group, get into the map before it fills up, and defeat the boss. But it may be working as intended. There are other reasons to participate from time to time (legendary crafting, masteries, achievements). And unlike the rewards you typically see, I know that people who defeat these bosses on a regular basis do find better rewards such as ascended chests, exotic skins, etc.

Personally, I don’t find world bosses particularly enjoyable. In fact, I find them pretty boring and I hate the waiting involved with finding a group and getting to the map on time. I would probably participate in them sometimes if there were more reliable rewards, but as it stands I don’t find it worth it so I usually only participate when I need something from them.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

for me i very very much dislike having world bosses in the game fully . also they spam map chats as well as being a problem to get around to get where you’re going to the other side of the map to do hearts or something .the same goes too for the toxic events as well they are also a problem in the game . and give the same problems as well too

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This thread isn’t about whether you like having the world bosses in the game.

As far as the time aspect in getting a group, that’s completely uncesseary for the majority of world bosses. A group is not required or even needed in the slightest except for a handful of obvious ones such as TT and Teq. The primary reward for these world bosses are ectos that you salvaged from the guaranteed rares.

There are far better ways to earn gold than doing world bosses and better ways to get rares. That said, I get the feeling that a lot of people do it for more than just the rewards.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

World bosses have an extremely small chance of a precursor drop and I think an even smaller chance of an ascended drop (except Teq and Worm who have higher ascended drop rates).

People mostly do them for dailies, salvageable rares, a chance at a Pre, and for many because they are fun yet easy. Claw of Jormag also has an associated collection derived from an item it very rarely drops.

In Orr, the Temples are done regularly for a variety of reasons;
- Collections (eg legendary precursor crafting , exotic item collections)
- Exclusive GH decorations
- Same rewards as other World bosses,
- Makes map travel in Orr a bit easier if the Temples are cleared

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Like everything else in the game, there’s small chances for exotics(precursors included) and ascended to drop from mobs. But basically use world bosses to farm rares to break into ectos. Bosses like Tequalt have his own unique set of drops. I find world bosses good to farm at times when you don’t want to give the game 100% attention, while doing other stuff like reading the forums on a second monitor.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

dont forget that most world bosses drop a item for collections like exotic hunter.

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

World bosses are less about loot and more about seeing how many tells you get asking about your sweet color scheme.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

World Bosses were the original meta events for the game. They took place “every so often” (and we had to discover what patterns there were, if any). Often the fights were incredibly fun in their own right, so much so that it was a while before we realized just how bad the loot was — ANet ended up guaranteeing a rare.

As the community evolved, we’ve gotten greedier for loot. Where “dailies” seemed fine without any cash bonus, now some of us think that they aren’t worth doing for “just 2 gold”. Similarly, the single (or sometimes double) rare for WBs can seem underwhelming.

Fortunately, there’s plenty of other content in the game. Some that has a nice coin/hour value, some with a chance for a coveted shiny, and some that is fun in its own right. Choose the stuff you like to do.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”