Wonder how many Warriors wont be buying HoT?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Invoker.5462

Invoker.5462

If you’re like me, you’re a one class man, a person who holds dear a single class after many hours deciding what to play. Now what if, after all that time, all that investment, your class changed dramatically- in some ways good, but most way’s bad.

What if i told you some of the updates made to your clkitten up making your favorite builds, netted or not, completely redundant?

While some classes received positive overhauls and adaptability, the warrior was left- for lack of better words, in the dark. Rifles were never fine tuned after being weakened, long sword was driven into some sort of gimmicky rotation and never felt right again, and then, war-horns.

Without anyone asking, or implying, ANET suddenly pigeonholed the entire class into a back end support role- being a mediocre dps in PVE and a not-so straightforward medic in PVE. Even Wildstar’s slow mode, one weapon-forever warriors provide more excitement than this bow wielding wtf crap that came along. And for the doubters- yes i tried the builds, all of them, and they are viable, yes, viable…. But what about all the OTHER reasons warrior was initially chosen? Speaking of doubters, im sure that’s the majority here since a good portion of the die hard warriors quit a long time ago.

So essentially, the class which drives the gameplay has been butchered and rebuilt around an entirely different concept- and what is this? Torch? Really? And here we were, my friends and i, hoping we would get maybe pistols (like rytlock) or, heck, even shortbow. But torch? Hahaha oh my, couldnt have been a better way to lock my money away from ANET.

(edited by Invoker.5462)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Same talk in Elementalists forums, dude.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

Most builds will be meh since for the new “class” you have to basically give up 1 trait line.
It’s like you wanna use torch? Cool give up 1 more viable trait line.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Really? I saw lots of ALL the professions in VB …….

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Don’t complain about this, they killed dungeons and fractals which puts an end to the berserker meta…

Posted by: Atlas Tsahalla.2456

Atlas Tsahalla.2456

Human Warrior here, no complaints in the PVE area – still loving it, still not taking any damage and still bashing some skulls

But uh, sorry to hear you’re having difficulties.

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Not like you have to torch…

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Not like you have to torch…

Purdy much this. I main guardian and loved guard to death until they announced DH. I cried a little, then it came out. I finally tried it and instantly forgot why I was salting back during the initial announcement. Give it a try, OP. There has to be some sort of entertaining alternative using your new spec.

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Allow me to point you toward the Elementalist’s Tempest.

lol I could not find a good use for the overloads except in PvE where really it doesn’t matter. What you instead would be doing with tempest spec is not using warhorn, not using overload, using it to support an even more bunker-like playstyle on dagger dagger.

Dragonhunter got some good changes going into release, and I heard warrior has crazy burn damage on their elite spec. Daredevil eeeegh but I heard it was just ok.

Tempest though? First hand experience just doesn’t make me want to invest anything to use anything on that class. No synergy unlike Chronomancer which improves everything a Mesmer does. At least there still is base Ele.

It should have been a MH sword spec without the idea of overloads which is a horribly flawed idea to begin with. Every single one of the minors in the spec is to make overloads viable, and not to add to the class like minors of pretty much most other specs.

Posted by: Methal.9045

Methal.9045

someone needs to let anet know that a berzerker isn’t going to be running around with no kitten candle. Give me 2 2 hand weapons!

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

Yeah Necro gets greatsword and becomes a Reaper, Ranger becomes a walking god as Druid, and Warrior, get a torch shoved in his hand and told to go stand there and eat damage while we all use our flashy cool new specs.

I swear there have been some really questionable design choices…

I dunno but Guardian… sounds like a no brainer, shoe in for a tank, and Warrior, sounds ripe for damage dealing DPS goon…

So much, Huh? I don’t even know where to begin.

I think I’ll stick to the Halloween content, some of the best in the game IMHO, and see how, if at all, any of this stuff shakes out.

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Allow me to point you toward the Elementalist’s Tempest.

lol I could not find a good use for the overloads except in PvE where really it doesn’t matter. What you instead would be doing with tempest spec is not using warhorn, not using overload, using it to support an even more bunker-like playstyle on dagger dagger.

Dragonhunter got some good changes going into release, and I heard warrior has crazy burn damage on their elite spec. Daredevil eeeegh but I heard it was just ok.

Tempest though? First hand experience just doesn’t make me want to invest anything to use anything on that class. No synergy unlike Chronomancer which improves everything a Mesmer does. At least there still is base Ele.

It should have been a MH sword spec without the idea of overloads which is a horribly flawed idea to begin with. Every single one of the minors in the spec is to make overloads viable, and not to add to the class like minors of pretty much most other specs.

About the only thing Tempest currently provides is a decent auramancer build.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I like how ele and warrior, the two strongest classes in all game modes, are crying that their elite spec isn’t stupidly OP and actually has some level of balance to it.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Senario.2038

I like how ele and warrior, the two strongest classes in all game modes, are crying that their elite spec isn’t stupidly OP and actually has some level of balance to it.

You mean that because you play an Ele/warrior that you deserve to have a sub par elite spec that takes 200 hero points to get as well kitten dollars because they are strong classes? What about classes like Mesmer? Engineer? Hunter? ect?

All classes should have gotten a decent incentive to try out or play the elite spec even if it is a different playstyle. Power creeping the rest of the classes while “passing” on actually giving some classes something to work with is simply irresponsible.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Elite specs are supposed to create new build templates, not simply make existing ones better.

Warrior has experienced the most fair balance in the game since launch. It is one of the few classes that has been given repeated attention to ensure build diversity, and generally only nerfed in places where it was legitimately overpowered in comparison to similar role specs from other classes.

I don’t understand the complaints. If you don’t like the berserker spec, don’t run it, run your core build, and bank all those hero points for the next elite spec so you can insta-unlock it if it does grant a build you like more.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Senario.2038

Elite specs are supposed to create new build templates, not simply make existing ones better.

Warrior has experienced the most fair balance in the game since launch. It is one of the few classes that has been given repeated attention to ensure build diversity, and generally only nerfed in places where it was legitimately overpowered in comparison to similar role specs from other classes.

I don’t understand the complaints. If you don’t like the berserker spec, don’t run it, run your core build, and bank all those hero points for the next elite spec so you can insta-unlock it if it does grant a build you like more.

That is what I’m doing. Waiting for elementalist Main Hand Sword Elite.