Wonderful.

Wonderful.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GeddyLee.2107

GeddyLee.2107

Hello all.

This is directed to all the human beings that helped create GW2 and make it a reality.

Thank you.

For a great game. Beautiful atmosphere. Wonderful details. Fabulous music. The world is just amazing in so many aspects.

Sometimes we players can get a little carried away with our opinions on how to make games better, sometimes we should just step back and marvel at how kitten awesome it really is.

Cheers team and keep up the good work!

Signed

Grub of Bandihaunt Caverns

Wonderful.

Posted by: Avectius.3271

Avectius.3271

I’ll have to second this.

I knew I was in for a treat during the first few weeks I first got into Guild Wars, and I felt the same for my initiation into Guild Wars 2, and boy was I right.

I’ve said this once and I’ll say it again: There is absolutely no other MMORPG available today with a world as beautiful, fully realized, and brought to life as Guild Wars 2’s. The amount of effort and love put into its development is out of this world.

Wonderful.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

As long as you are not in a Rush, you can pretty much stay in tune with what is happening.

Wonderful.

Posted by: Huggywuggles.2814

Huggywuggles.2814

Agreed. Coming from a game whose new and ongoing focus is “targeted exploration” and minimal player interaction with the world, GW2 is abslolutely amazing. My Warrior just hit 80 a couple of days ago, finished the Jungle Dragon story (EPIC story and fight, so huge kudos to Anet on that!) and am currently working on finishing my world exploration (46% so far!) with so much more to do…professions and all that jazz.

I’m not even sure I’ll catch up before HoT launches but I’ll give it the ol’ Asuran try!

I am a Juicebox Hero. I poke straws in Risen Eyes.

Wonderful.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

sometimes we should just step back and marvel at how kitten awesome it really is.

Pretty much my approach with alts I’m levelling in prep for HoT. My previous 2 alts I enjoyed but I didn’t really engage the world with, but I’m exploring the little things now and finishing things I never knew existed before And I’ve been here constantly since headstart!

Wonderful.

Posted by: BobbyStein

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

As long as you are not in a Rush, you can pretty much stay in tune with what is happening.

I see what you did there.

Wonderful.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

LEAD Writer? I’m honored to meet you, sir, as a fellow writer.

And yes, this game is awesome. I’m at 85% map completion.

Wonderful.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

LEAD Writer? I’m honored to meet you, sir, as a fellow writer.

And yes, this game is awesome. I’m at 85% map completion.

Nice to meet you, too.

Wonderful.

Previous

BobbyStein

Hello all.

This is directed to all the human beings that helped create GW2 and make it a reality.

Thank you.

For a great game. Beautiful atmosphere. Wonderful details. Fabulous music. The world is just amazing in so many aspects.

Sometimes we players can get a little carried away with our opinions on how to make games better, sometimes we should just step back and marvel at how kitten awesome it really is.

Cheers team and keep up the good work!

Signed

Grub of Bandihaunt Caverns

Thanks for the kind words. The constructive criticism helps us make the game better, but the compliments are nice to hear, too.

;)

Wonderful.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Ditto for all the above comments. Hubby and I have been enjoying this game immensely. The level of detail is simply amazing. I love going into houses just to see what is inside. I enjoy talking to NPCs and getting more history and information. This game is truly a treasure.

Wonderful.

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I have found that even with 17 lvl 80’s;

There are area events I had not seen before, and

There are dialogues between characters that i had never heard before.

This is a fine game with some excellent little details thrown into the world.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Wonderful.

Posted by: Tiger.9786

Tiger.9786

I agree. I’m one of those people who rarely plays (although I do have at least 2k hours now haha) There’s a ton of things I think this game needs to be better. I could be a huge critic and go off on ideas like the next guy, but honestly at the end of the day, in my opinion, there’s no mmo as polished and clean feeling as Guild Wars 2. This game will always feel like home and I have high hopes for HoT to refresh the excitement.

Wonderful.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Yeah, it’s beautiful…

If looks are what you are primarily into, it is a good game.

It’s also pretty fun and seems full of personality while you’re, innocently, levelling for the first time.

Unfortunately though, once you have reached endgame and if you have played deeper, more thoroughly developed games (and can see through good looks pretty quickly) it is also less than ideal in many ways.

I’m one of those people who loves fashion so much I can see straight through it and having observed it in detail, I end up disregarding most of it.

I’m the same with good looks, when it comes to people.

I’m very aware of them initially, as I have a fairly artistic eye, but if that is all there is to someone, I don’t rate them much, after that initial appreciation.

I’m not someone who believes people should get by on looks alone.

I don’t view looks as a particularly rare commodity.

Truly good looking people are fairly rare, it’s true, but fairly ordinary looking people, who have just made the most of themselves with gym bodies, spray tans and too much make-up are far, far more common than people with thoughtful brains and good hearts.

I feel this way about most things, including games.

Having said it’s beautiful, I think the truth is more that this game is like a fairly ordinary looking person, of pretty average intelligence, who scrubs up really well for a first date.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Wonderful.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I started playing mmo swith Dark Sun and Ultima Online. After UO I attempted other MMOS but none held my interest. Finally after more than a decade I found gw2 and I’ve never been so satisfied from a game. You won’t find a more caring community than this one. We may be the most relentless critics on the internet but it’s all out of love. Gods bless Tyria

Wonderful.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

GW2, despite it’s flaws, really is an utterly amazing game that has no equal. I’m so glad I let myself get convinced to buy it.

The best MMO I’ve ever played, and the best people I’ve ever played with, on top of a pretty solid story and (mostly) relatable characters you can truly connect with. Can’t wait to see where Heart of Thorns and beyond takes us

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Wonderful.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it a thousand time more…
Guild Wars 2 is a great game.
It looks gorgeous. It plays smoothly. And /finally/ after years of playing MMO’s, I don’t have to worry about what part of the (un)Holy Trinity I am forced to be a part of.
Hell, even after over 4,000 hours of playing since the game came out, I am still finding things I haven’t noticed before…

It’s not perfect, but I say that firmly with the understanding that there is no such thing as a perfect game, and things can always be improved.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Wonderful.

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

I’d like to agree with the opening post.

When I first played this game back in January I was struck by how much bigger (than GW1) everything was. And when I walked in to Divinity’s Reach I was like WTF, where the heck do I go first? Everything was so busy and vibrant!

I admit I also thought it was a bit like WoW, but I quickly got that notion out of my head. (no disrespect to fans of that game, but it really wasn’t my cup of tea)

But so far I am loving the game. Although my one gripe was getting to the Personal Story ending and realizing I needed a group of people to do it with.

Anx

Wonderful.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Wonderful. Keep them away while i … oh i thought this would be about Detha.

Wonderful.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’d like to agree with the opening post.

When I first played this game back in January I was struck by how much bigger (than GW1) everything was. And when I walked in to Divinity’s Reach I was like WTF, where the heck do I go first? Everything was so busy and vibrant!

I admit I also thought it was a bit like WoW, but I quickly got that notion out of my head. (no disrespect to fans of that game, but it really wasn’t my cup of tea)

But so far I am loving the game. Although my one gripe was getting to the Personal Story ending and realizing I needed a group of people to do it with.

They’re fixing that, with the end of the personal story. Soonish even. It’s in testing right now.

Wonderful.

Yargesh.4965

:) today’s Tom Sawyer can do anything.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

Wonderful.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Have to be honest, this thread reads like a commercial.

You know, one of those ones that is full of glowing “customer testimonials”?

It’s kind of funny to me how that can happen in a single thread, when other parts of the forum are full of constructive criticism (with no developer replies).

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Wonderful.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s kind of funny to me how that can happen in a single thread, when other parts of the forum are full of constructive criticism (with no developer replies).

It’s easier to reply to a compliment than a criticism, because a compliment asks for no action. If I baked a cake and someone said I really like it, it’s easy to say thank you.

But if someone said they didn’t like it, then the response becomes more complex. Will what they are complaining about actually be changed (It was too sweet). Did they even know what they were complaining about (I don’t like it but I can’t put my finger on why), is their comment even realistic (my mother made this better).

There isn’t any good reply to any of those comments. It’s easier just to remain silent.

In fact, there are very few criticisms that don’t contradict stuff people like. For every person who says the game is too easy, there’s probably a person who thinks it’s not or even that it’s too hard. For every person who says there isn’t enough content, there are people who haven’t finished all the content they want to.

So yeah, it makes sense that this thread would get a response and a complaint might not (and some of them have). One of them requires a response that is less routine and requires more research, more thought, more tact and more consultation.

Wonderful.

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

*You know, one of those ones that is full of glowing “customer testimonials”?

It’s kind of funny to me how that can happen in a single thread, when other parts of the forum are full of constructive criticism (with no developer replies)*.

" A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her "

" But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good ".

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Wonderful.

Posted by: Knox.8462

Knox.8462

It’s so refreshing to read a positive thread.

Wonderful.

Yargesh.4965

If you take a second you will notice that Robby Steins first post was about my joke (very well done Robby). So while drama posts and fascinating multi-volume threads of fixing the failure that is the game could be a quagmire to step into I really don’t see a problem with them treading lightly over it.