Wooden Chest

Wooden Chest

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neotko.3492

Neotko.3492

This is the kind of stuff I really hate.

I open a Wooden Chest (the ones that spawn randomly while killing enemies as an ‘extra’ reward), and what do I get? A freaking ugly yellow VOTE item… Ok something it’s really really wrong on the loot table. GW2 dev guys, please DO SOMETHING and THINK FIRST.

Thanks

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Fortune kite , Support Token .. etc should not be rare quality……

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Considering how “rare” they are, I agree.

One – Piken Square

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

What’s the problem?

I’d rather have a vote item than a random rare that I’ll never use/shard/sell.

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The problem is they keep dropping so often they’re not really “rare” and therefore could just aswell be blue or green.

However, the OP might have a misconception that when a wooden chest drops the loot in it is determined when he opens the chest. This is not the case. The item that drops is determined before the chest is spawned. The tickets and kite fortunes are not replacing your normal rare drops, have no fear.

One – Piken Square

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I open a Wooden Chest (the ones that spawn randomly while killing enemies as an ‘extra’ reward), and what do I get? A freaking ugly yellow VOTE item… Ok something it’s really really wrong on the loot table. GW2 dev guys, please DO SOMETHING and THINK FIRST.

Thanks

The chests aren’t an extra reward. They drops inside them come from the same loot table and are determined by the same process as the regular drops that are on enemies bodies. They just put rare or exotic drops into a chest to make them more obvious so you’re less likely to miss one.

And since the event items are added to existing loot tables rather than replacing something else it doesn’t affect your chance of getting rares or exotics. It just means you’ll see more chests.

Having said that I do agree that the vote coupons don’t need to be a rare drop. It doesn’t accurately reflect how common they are and it is a bit disappointing to see a chest and realise it’s not actually anything special. It would be more accurate to make them a green item.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Wooden Chest

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Well i dunno exactly how loot table processes, but i suppose they could have 2 loot tables for the chests at the same time:

- Event specific loot table → Only events items, and nothing if no event on going;
- Normal loot table → Usual loot items (since crap to precursors);

PS: Give a good use to those vote tickets. See my sig. for guidance

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

Thanks

The chests aren’t an extra reward. They drops inside them come from the same loot table and are determined by the same process as the regular drops that are on enemies bodies. They just put rare or exotic drops into a chest to make them more obvious so you’re less likely to miss one.

Even that isn’t always the case. The other day I opened one of the chests and got a Shredded Garment. I don’t know if it was a bug or not, but more than once I have gotten white/blue loot out of those little chests.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Ommu.1649

Ommu.1649

I spent some time farming for charged lodestones last night, and it really seems that these have replaced the regular rare drops. Not enough evidence to know for sure, but I got only the votes and kites as rares with 200% MF.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

whenever i got these it was always a rare item (sweet a quick 20-30 silver) but every since the new two living stories its either kite fortune or vote ticket things…sweet…that will make me…oh yeah that’s right 0 money.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Love how these useless items are rare, and ANet specifically said BL ticket scraps are common. Since when do rare items drop 10x more often than common ones?

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

As much farming as I do with 200%+ MF, I can say for certain that these event items are replacing regular rare drops.

I believe these things have been added to the rare drop table with a higher drop chance than other rares. If you are lucky enough to ‘roll’ a rare drop, you are then probably unlucky enough to get this from the loot table.

I really am so sick of all these event items infecting all the loot tables. I have been sick of these things since the dragon coffers infected every loot table in the game.

It was already hard enough to get any good loot from this game. Now it is nearly impossible. I take these ‘rare’ voting items and just hit ‘DESTROY’. Totally worthless.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I have never understood the point of this chest that pops up on the ground. Honestly sometimes I get a gold straight from looting, and other times this tiny chest pops up on the ground. It’s hard to see if you’re fighting multiples or moving quick. If anything I wish it would be like a daily chest, or no chest at all.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

sometimes you loot the chest before it spawns.
i do agree that event items seems to override the older normal rare loot chance.
i don’t know if it is something perceived by me or something real, but i have almost hundreds of rare tokens now

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Wooden Chests would be more aptly named Troll Chests, but at least they don’t contain slabs of meat and hooves in WvW anymore. xD

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Wooden Chests would be more aptly named Troll Chests, but at least they don’t contain slabs of meat and hooves in WvW anymore. xD

LOL.

Player see wooden chest, gets ecstatic, opens chest to find “Slab of Red Meat”

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Really, event items just need to be at best “Masterwork” green. So were not constantly excited to see the chest, & then let down.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Am I the only one who never even notices if the loot drop is in a bag or a tiny wooden chest? Loot is loot.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I like vote tokens so whatever dude.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Need to change the audio to “:gasp: Sweet sweet …garbage.”

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

yeah wooden chests have lost some of the excitement, but I still get excited when I see the little ‘steel chests’

Wooden Chest

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The tickets and kite fortunes are not replacing your normal rare drops, have no fear.

This is correct. The rare items (i.e. the ones people sell on the TP or salvage for globs) are still dropping with their usual rate of “almost never.”

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Haha, I’ve called them troll chests.. like when I get a kite fortune or a pile of putrid essence. -_-

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

yeah wooden chests have lost some of the excitement, but I still get excited when I see the little ‘steel chests’

Outside of coagulated mist essence, i have only ever seen 1 steel chest in 3,600+ hrs of game play. I don’t get excited…I get confused as I get them so rarely I don’t know what to think of them.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

steel chest? maybe i saw once? or was a friend telling me he dropped a steel chest?
i really don’t remember

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

As much farming as I do with 200%+ MF, I can say for certain that these event items are replacing regular rare drops.

I believe these things have been added to the rare drop table with a higher drop chance than other rares. If you are lucky enough to ‘roll’ a rare drop, you are then probably unlucky enough to get this from the loot table.

I really am so sick of all these event items infecting all the loot tables. I have been sick of these things since the dragon coffers infected every loot table in the game.

It was already hard enough to get any good loot from this game. Now it is nearly impossible. I take these ‘rare’ voting items and just hit ‘DESTROY’. Totally worthless.

You are now my hero, hit the nail square on the head with this post.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I instinctively spam my loot button when something dies anyway, hardly ever see chests.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Guess what. I was expecting a token in a wooden chest then I got a shiny exotic dagger. It’s a pleasant surprise.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Exotics appear in steel chests.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Then I must have not checked the chest carefully. To me it’s all chest or no chest.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

its even better when you suicide for a wooden chest and all you get is a support token, least the kites give boosts.
or the infamous wooden doly chest in WvW.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

steel chest? maybe i saw once? or was a friend telling me he dropped a steel chest?
i really don’t remember

They were fairly common in southsun because of the 200% MF, mini reef riders and settler trinkets.

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

I am guessing they have made event items rare for the same reason they started having rares and exotics drop from chests in the first place: so that people who might otherwise not notice or not bother looting them will pick them up. Since the event items are time-limited, people who want them would need to be sure to collect them while they have the chance.

Saying that, I don’t know that I’ve come across anyone yet who leaves unlooted bodies lying around (apart from in WvW when it’s not always possible) since selling lower-quality loot drops and greys can still cover repair and waypoint costs, and gold doesn’t exactly grow on trees.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I am guessing they have made event items rare for the same reason they started having rares and exotics drop from chests in the first place: so that people who might otherwise not notice or not bother looting them will pick them up. Since the event items are time-limited, people who want them would need to be sure to collect them while they have the chance.

Saying that, I don’t know that I’ve come across anyone yet who leaves unlooted bodies lying around (apart from in WvW when it’s not always possible) since selling lower-quality loot drops and greys can still cover repair and waypoint costs, and gold doesn’t exactly grow on trees.

Now that we have AoE looting there is even less reason to do that.
Gold does grow on trees, take a look at the prices of some of the wood logs. :P

Wooden Chest

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

LOL.

Player see wooden chest, gets ecstatic, opens chest to find “Slab of Red Meat”

or worse , A pile of Putrid essence —-—

It’s equivalent to waking up Christmas morning to to find Santa left you a lump of coal!

(edited by Lisa.6102)