WoodenPotatoes latest video!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: swansea.2453

swansea.2453

How do people feel and what do you think about WoodenPotatoes latest video?

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I think he made a lot of good points and I hope Mike watches the whole thing if he gets the chance.

I think it’s pretty worrying that they’d prefer to cancel something that people were promised (Legendaries) instead of pulling some of the 70 people working on the next expansion (which doesn’t have a set release date) in order to make sure everything was shipped properly.

It makes it seem like the next expansion is more important to them than making sure their core game is working, we have enough content and everything is balanced.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

The april release will decide the outcome of this PR disaster. If the release fails to convince people that the future will be better, the disaster will continue. It makes me sad, but I have a nagging feeling that they won’t be able to salvage this, assuming they’ll even try to do so.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

First thought: Its amazing to see one of the game’s strongest, most vocal supporters cast doubt on what has been done and said.

Second thought: I really want to thank ANet for trying to make a go of this game, but i feel its done. Its over. I really hope that the talented artists, IT folk, programmers, and writers find other companies to work for to make their talent shine. As for “Mo”…well, maybe we’ll see him and Bill Roper grow a strong friendship, since they both have something in common. And that is, they flagshipped a ton of people,

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

First thought: Its amazing to see one of the game’s strongest, most vocal supporters cast doubt on what has been done and said.

Second thought: I really want to thank ANet for trying to make a go of this game, but i feel its done. Its over. I really hope that the talented artists, IT folk, programmers, and writers find other companies to work for to make their talent shine. As for “Mo”…well, maybe we’ll see him and Bill Roper grow a strong friendship, since they both have something in common. And that is, they flagshipped a ton of people,

Even with his (infectious) enthusiasm, WP doesn’t shy away from legitimate and well thought out criticism, which is why I watch his videos.

(edited by Ticky.5831)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The april release will decide the outcome of this PR disaster. If the release fails to convince people that the future will be better, the disaster will continue. It makes me sad, but I have a nagging feeling that they won’t be able to salvage this, assuming they’ll even try to do so.

The April release probably won’t be affected by the decision — a couple of weeks is just enough time to bring people up to speed.

It’s clear that people are ready to condemn ANet for the slightest perceived slight, never mind an actual, significant screw-up, so I’m sure that won’t affect people’s opinions next month.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

I love WP. He’s way more entertaining recently than the game he talks about. I started to play GW2 becouse of him. And while I have my hopes for Mo and want to give him time to change things, I feel like it’s the last chance to save this game. GG anet… Now listen to WP and take lesson.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The April release probably won’t be affected by the decision — a couple of weeks is just enough time to bring people up to speed.

It’s clear that people are ready to condemn ANet for the slightest perceived slight, never mind an actual, significant screw-up, so I’m sure that won’t affect people’s opinions next month.

Yeah, people seem to think everyone is up in arms over the whole legendary weapons thing. There are many, many people who do not care that the new legendary weapons have been shelved. I’m just waiting to see if HoT becomes more enjoyable. That’s what I’m hoping for come April. I just don’t care about legendary weapons at all.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: spartan.9421

spartan.9421

I personally think they he, like everyone else, is blowing this way out of proportion. Anet isn’t removing all legendaries they are just not adding in the newest ones. Yet, people are acting as if Anet is saying they are removing ALL legendaries. The whole thing will blow over and people will no longer care in a couple of weeks to a month, happens every time theres news on a big change. Just like when and made the change to diamond skin trait, people flipped out, but, now no one cares. If Anet shows that it’s better this way everyone will calm down in time, lashing out at Anet won’t solve anything though.

Worrying is like a rocking chair: You go back and forth but never get anywhere.

Ticky.5831

I personally think they he, like everyone else, is blowing this way out of proportion. Anet isn’t removing all legendaries they are just not adding in the newest ones. Yet, people are acting as if Anet is saying they are removing ALL legendaries. The whole thing will blow over and people will no longer care in a couple of weeks to a month, happens every time theres news on a big change. Just like when and made the change to diamond skin trait, people flipped out, but, now no one cares. If Anet shows that it’s better this way everyone will calm down in time, lashing out at Anet won’t solve anything though.

Yeah, that’s not at all how people are(generally) acting, but go ahead, keep demonizing them. And it’s certainly not how WP is acting.

I haven’t seen ANYONE say they are getting rid of all the legendaries. Mostly mad that they aren’t getting what they paid for.

Also, for the record, lashing out affected the pre-order issue.

(edited by Ticky.5831)

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Yeah, that’s not at all how people are(generally) acting, but go ahead, keep demonizing them.

I haven’t seen ANYONE say they are getting rid of all the legendaries. Mostly mad that they aren’t getting what they paid for.

How dare we be upset about not getting what we paid for. I am so tired of entitled gamers these days. Back in my day companies just took our money and didn’t give us what we bought and we were happy about it! /sarcasm

Posted by: Burtakus.1839

Burtakus.1839

interesting to say the least. I don’t agree with some of what he says, but I also don’t disagree. I also don’t really care about legendaries seeing how I started playing GW2 in october of 2015 and still have two entire game’s worth of content.

The only thing that intrigued me about his video was at the end where he says “let’s not play the armchair game developer and pretend to know more than what an actual game developing company like ANet knows”. Which I wholeheartedly agree, we all love to talk out of our behinds while knowing absolutely nothing of the situation. Anyway, I just found it funny how he said that at then end after a 30 minute rant of him being exactly an armchair game dev.

WP gets a lot of things right, but lets not put him in a pedestal and pretend he says nothing wrong and/or incorrect. Be critical about everything you read or hear and not just take it all at face value simply because it agrees with your opinion, you’re not special and you can be wrong just as often as you can be right.

(edited by Burtakus.1839)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Great comment, I wholeheartedly agree with his statements. I am less angry, more disappointed. There are always a lot of other games I want to play, so I just can wait and come back if there’s something interesting.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

good video. I think his best criticism is of Mo’s comment on HoT. The idea that he or Anet consider HoT a decent expac size is just plain crazy.

tbh I don’t really care about Legendaries. I actually agree with most of what he said (although I’m at a loss as to how it took 6 people years to make 3 collections). But when Mike said that about HoT it just threw up a red flag. I feel like the only thing they create in the game at a significant rate is Geme Store Items. & that is infuriating.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Pretty surprising, but A-Net has been under performing for a while now. (in reference to their past, still love the game)

Hope this leads to better development decisions. Like many I am sort of on the bend with their next expansion. However, I believe that if I’m still playing by then, I will buy it. I’ve almost never come back to a game for an expansion. Funny enough, I just started leveling legendary crafting.

Either way, disappointing, but I will continue to enjoy the game for as long as I can.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

April update:
- PVP : (balance) removing amulets, some skills get more cd some decreased cd.
- WvW: (balance) Stag mob power buff. Speed buff for Dolyak.
- Raid: (balance) Nerfed Boss hp by 5% to make it more enjoyable to new players.
- HoT maps (balance) : decreased time for events by 10 min. Improved drops – now boss have 100% chance to drop 2 green items + 1 bonus blue item.
- Core game: (balance) – srry guys you are out of luck nothing for you but you can buy our brand new:
- 19 weapon skins for 1000 gems each
- 5 new gliders 800 gems each
- 3 new extraordinary great outfits for 2000 gems each
- black lion keys on 10% discount

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Towards the start he wonders if anyone emailed Mo per Mo’s saying he’d be available via email in the OP of the announcement. Well, I did, to ask a question for clarification on the implications rather than to give an opinion on the decision. At least, I PM’d him on this forum as I have no idea what any other email might be for him and was rather surprised that hours after he posted, hours after he’d left for the weekend, his PM box was not full. So at least at that point either less than 100 people had elected to send a private message, devs get more inbox slots than regular account holders, or he (or a secretary) had been actively working to clear messages. I’m not sure which of these to hope for.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

He said pretty much everything I’d thought since the announcement.

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

I really don’t give a kitten about legendaries. I can’t be the only one?

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Don’t you mean possible LAST video for gw2 .. he is thinking of quiting now

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4c9r5d/wooden_potatoes_no_more_new_legendary_weapons_a/

3rd post or 2ed if you don’t count the topic

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I really don’t give a kitten about legendaries. I can’t be the only one?

I don’t either. I already got the one I got, and honestly, it’s the best legendary in the game.

I’m just annoyed about the whole “promising, but don’t deliver” deal.

But newer legendaries I don’t care about at all. It’s just a ridiculous gold sink.

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

The fact that WP, who from what I’ve seen most always tries to understand and defend Anet for tough decisions against the complaints of the general audience (“don’t bite the hand that feeds you” I recall hearing a lot), ended up making a rant video because of this has me very worried. When one of the more levelheaded, supportive voices in the community can’t hide disappointment I can only imagine the number of people who got fed up.

It’s nice that people can say “I don’t care about legendaries so I don’t care about this decision”, but it isn’t necessarily about earning the weapon yourself, it’s about having the option if you so decide. Not having the option is what’s troubling, when people paid money for the option. It’s like raids being touted as part of the expansion: money was paid to access the content (among other content), but that doesn’t entitle to completed content. Right now an aspect that money was paid to access has been cut for the foreseeable future. This is alarming.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

How do people feel and what do you think about WoodenPotatoes latest video?

Don’t care, and never will, about one doof’s opinion. We have an entire player base to be concerned about, not just slaves to some streamer.

Swing and a miss.

WP discusses issues facing the GW2 community in a logical, salient manner. You don’t have to agree with him to be able to watch the video and see if his ideas/content have any value. Maybe you completely disagree- and that’s totally fine. (I’m assuming here) that the whole point of this thread and WP’s videos are to start/have a conversation about what the community feels are important issues. The video is at least worth a listen.

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

how many of you held off your own judgment waiting for a youtube video to agree with

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Yea I seen the reddit where WP is thinking of quitting GW2, but as for his video hes spot on, he hits the topic perfect, but it will fall on deaf ears.

If the crafting part was such an issue, all they had to do was drop the Pre’s into the forge, and allow RNG to take over like before, allow the players to trade them just like the old Legendary’s.

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

how many of you held off your own judgment waiting for a youtube video to agree with

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I was concerned the moment I saw the forum post by Mr. O’Brien. And I find it rather rude of you to assume that because people agree with a popular voice, they must have only agreed because the popular voice said it. Over on reddit they made a complete stickied thread for people to vent long before this video, and most of the discussion threads contained opinions similar to WP’s.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

RoseofGilead.8907

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4c9r5d/wooden_potatoes_no_more_new_legendary_weapons_a/

Eh, he said:

“I don’t like the sound of their future expansions at all if this is really where they think they should be, size wise. So in a world where that’s all they put out? For sure I’ll be moving on.”

He said something similar in the video, too. So, if Mo (and/or ArenaNet at large) come out and say “Yeah, we really do think HoT was the right size for a good expansion”, WP will be leaving the game. He didn’t say he’s leaving now or that this was his last video (or one of the last videos).

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

how interesting to know that so many people care more about keeping promises for niche “content” than a quality game

Dinks.2478

how interesting to know that so many people care more about keeping promises for niche “content” than a quality game

All “content” is niche. Living Story? Niche. Raids? Niche. Fractals? Niche. Legendary? Niche. Just because it doesn’t fit your niche doesn’t make it any less important. So tired of this kitten.

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s about keeping promises. The backlash (for the most part) isn’t about the legendaries; it’s the unfulfilled promise (or appearance of promise). And another reason why the backlash is so big is because it’s just another brick in the wall of reasons why so many people feel HoT wasn’t worth it. WP’s video does a pretty good job explaining the common complaints and criticisms of the game, Anet’s communication with the players, and promises (both in the far past and the recent past).

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

WP has always been one to give arenanet the benefit of the doubt….so for him to finally release a rant like this is a huge warning sign for the dev team.

I would go as far as to say that for WP to have taken this stance is a sign that the very fate of GW2 hangs in the balance right now and that genuinely frightens me as I love this game and want it to continue.

Attachments:

(edited by chronometria.3708)

Ticky.5831

I recognize most of these names from posting over the weekend. Also, I posted over the weekend. WP posted this morning.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t. I do care about them releasing what people pay for. If this wasn’t an selling point for the Xpack, I’d be right there with you. But it was, so it’s a matter of ethics, and the fact that ArenaNet made their word completely worthless.

(edited by Ticky.5831)

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Here are things that Anet should do in the April patch but will probably not do it given the lame logic they applied to the legendary weapon take away.
HoT specific:
1) Remove all event gating of mini-games
2) Adjust the level of “some” of the mini-games
3) Apply dynamic scaling to all HoT events so you can solo them (with the exception of the metas).
4) Add more avenues for getting mastery points (too many are behind mini-games that some people hate).
5) Add tier based raiding rewards (lowest tier removes time gate). This gives those not so good a chance to actually learn how to do it better by allowing them to complete the fight no matter how long it takes.
6) Add more waypoints. Some places take way too long to get to.
Overall:
1) Fix the horrible RNG in this game. Apply a normalizing function to adequately address outliers in getting horrible drops. (e.g. People not getting a precursor after 3 years of drops).
2) Restore Dungeon gold rewards.
3) Remove having waypoints being contested.

Dinks.2478

Well looks like they took the legendaries off the HoT site as a feature. They need to take out their blogpost as well I think too.

I’m pretty sure removing it from the site is a straight up admission of guilt.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Perhaps the most telling point he raised is that Legendary items represent one of the few, if not the only, endgame goal(s) the game offers. Given that, and given that MMO’s are all about long-term goals — at least to a large segment of the population, it’s not hard to understand the negative reaction to the indefinite postponement.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Well looks like they took the legendaries off the HoT site as a feature. They need to take out their blogpost as well I think too.

kitten thought I removed it in time. Sorry dinks. I was wrong it’s still on the HoT site I just didn’t see it. -_-’.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: CJay.7023

CJay.7023

kitten thought I removed it in time. Sorry dinks. I was wrong it’s still on the HoT site I just didn’t see it. -_-’.

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/maguuma

You’re right it is still there – just need to scroll down

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I don’t know where you guys get this whole “faithful supporter” thing with WP. I’ve seen him rant about bad things in GW2 countless times. He’s ranted about the story in HoT, he’s ranted about gear prefixes and designs (particularly his inadequacy as a healer with a healer spec), I even saw a compilation video where he complained about all of the small things that were added/done to the game. The reason why I watch WP’s videos is because he’s actually fairly level headed.

Eh, he said:

“I don’t like the sound of their future expansions at all if this is really where they think they should be, size wise. So in a world where that’s all they put out? For sure I’ll be moving on.”

He said something similar in the video, too. So, if Mo (and/or ArenaNet at large) come out and say “Yeah, we really do think HoT was the right size for a good expansion”, WP will be leaving the game. He didn’t say he’s leaving now or that this was his last video (or one of the last videos).

Problem is, Mike already did that.

Arenanet is an ideal driven company. You must not forget that. And as an ideal driven company, they’re all about the good feels and self esteem and non-judgemental attitudes. Dealing with the failings of HoT is hard because it makes you feel bad. So, to feel good about themselves, they’ll constantly reaffirm with each other that HoT was a good expansion, only talking about its good points. Everyone who disagrees is a hater, or a troll, or they’ll get over it. How can they not get over it, when HoT is such a good expansion?

So when Mike says he takes offense to the expansion not being complete, he’s not being disingenuous. He’s being sincere. Since he is sincere, that is the standard we can expect the next expansion to have. And the next one after that.

Though to be fair, I do think HoT catches a lot of flack where it shouldn’t. It isn’t as bad as people say. It has problems, but it isn’t as bad as people say.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

making a legendary isn’t a ‘real’ endgame goal, killing a player using a legendary in a death match is :p – which anet doesn’t have a death match – so technically end game doesn’t exist – end game is exactly that – The end – thus was born the “rematch”

if anet got the end-game flow right, there would be very few problems and everything would be balanced appropriately. Making an item doesn’t make a player legendary lol….perish the thought!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I think he made a lot of good points and the future of the game’s next expansions is very worrying. If a person or a company lives in denial about their problems, they generally don’t do well.

HoT WAS a partial expansion, and a small one at that. I’m not paying $50 for another expac like the one we just got.

Posted by: Wander.5780

Wander.5780

The best thing he said was something like: “if these 6 people being pulled from the legendary development couldn’t get what they were supposed to get done in 3+ years, how is it supposed to make us feel better they are working on the LS being as incompetent as they are?”

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

its been a good run, ill continue to play until i cant find a populated pvp custom game server.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

He made a lot of good points and in general I agree with what he said; basically discussed how I feel about the situation.

It’s amazing how far things have dropped in the last year, though. I was so pumped when the HoT announcement happened and even on release/for a while after I enjoyed it. A good expansion seems like such an easy formula and they were going to check a lot of the boxes, even if I did have some issues with what it seemed they were adding. Even with my qualms (mainly that it seemed like there wasn’t a lot of content in the expansion, especially given the $50 price point, fears which proved to be justified) I would have been happy enough had they just managed to keep getting stuff out.

Oh well, it’s time to wait a bit more I guess. fixing dungeon rewards and adding some new fractals would actually be a good step in the right direction and would restore some faith in anet for me

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Wander.5780

Wander.5780

He made a lot of good points and in general I agree with what he said; basically discussed how I feel about the situation.

It’s amazing how far things have dropped in the last year, though. I was so pumped when the HoT announcement happened and even on release/for a while after I enjoyed it. A good expansion seems like such an easy formula and they were going to check a lot of the boxes, even if I did have some issues with what it seemed they were adding. Even with my qualms (mainly that it seemed like there wasn’t a lot of content in the expansion, especially given the $50 price point, fears which proved to be justified) I would have been happy enough had they just managed to keep getting stuff out.

Oh well, it’s time to wait a bit more I guess. fixing dungeon rewards and adding some new fractals would actually be a good step in the right direction and would restore some faith in anet for me

They already stated they have completely abandoned dungeon development, and fractals have had 2 updates in the near 4 years that the core game has been out. Don’t expect either. This is a perpetually unfinished game and all signs are pointing towards it being that way going forward until there is another inevitable disappointment.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

They already stated they have completely abandoned dungeon development, and fractals have had 2 updates in the near 4 years that the core game has been out. Don’t expect either. This is a perpetually unfinished game and all signs are pointing towards it being that way going forward until there is another inevitable disappointment.

At this point I really don’t expect all too much, honestly, which is a shame, given how well the game started out. That being said, I’m pretty much just going to go ahead and wait and see what happens; I’ll play the game if I feel like it, and if I don’t I can just go do other stuff until something (possibly) happens

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Perkysaurus.2630

Perkysaurus.2630

This is a luxury product produced by a company I have zero faith in to tell the truth let alone provide a fully fleshed out expansion. I would say WP was quite on point with his latest video. Anet has a lot of work ahead if they want me to trust them let alone spend money on anything they produce.

Posted by: Dahmerkitten.1385

Dahmerkitten.1385

I know many people are upset because they feel the expansion was falsey advertised- but for me it’s the over abundance of gem store items, and full black lion sets since hot released- it’s like rubbing salt in an open wound, when i think about the cancellation of legendarys.

It makes me feel like they are far more concerned with squeezing every nickel and dime out of the player base to help fund there new MLG pvp shinny (which is a massive fail), and new xpac. It just makes you feel used, and not want to play the game.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

See, the problem with focusing on gem store items like hairstyles and clothes is I’m not going to buy fluff items for characters that I’m not even playing due to there being no content I can do or not enough people to do the group content in the maps. Why am I going to buy an outfit that I’m never going to see because there’s nothing for my character to do?

This is the problem with the logic of “Oh, we have a small staff so we’ll just make money designing fluff for the store!” Seriously, think about that. Content has to come first, ya’ll…

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

April update:
- PVP : (balance) removing amulets, some skills get more cd some decreased cd.
- WvW: (balance) Stag mob power buff. Speed buff for Dolyak.
- Raid: (balance) Nerfed Boss hp by 5% to make it more enjoyable to new players.
- HoT maps (balance) : decreased time for events by 10 min. Improved drops – now boss have 100% chance to drop 2 green items + 1 bonus blue item.
- Core game: (balance) – srry guys you are out of luck nothing for you but you can buy our brand new:
- 19 weapon skins for 1000 gems each
- 5 new gliders 800 gems each
- 3 new extraordinary great outfits for 2000 gems each
- black lion keys on 10% discount

you beat me to all of this grrr

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

See, the problem with focusing on gem store items like hairstyles and clothes is I’m not going to buy fluff items for characters that I’m not even playing due to there being no content I can do or not enough people to do the group content in the maps. Why am I going to buy an outfit that I’m never going to see because there’s nothing for my character to do?

This is the problem with the logic of “Oh, we have a small staff so we’ll just make money designing fluff for the store!” Seriously, think about that. Content has to come first, ya’ll…

this^